NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Casey Parsons also allegedly forced the girl to live outside the home like a punished dog, the warrants say, according to the post."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-15-year-old-girl.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I'm sorry, but...

NO address
NO phone number
NO photos since 2010
Stating a second daughter was with them when they dropped her off-- daughter denies

I don't believe her "details" about Nan. It sounds to me like someone throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

I too am starting to believe her. I do not believe she should be parenting Erica, but I do think she is telling the truth, or maybe it's just the truth that she has convinced herself is true?

I too have an older son with a mental health issue, and at the time that he started acting out, I was going thru cancer treatments and raising 4 kids on my own. So I understand the chaos and fear yet live for her older son. When all that is going on in a home, you don't always make wise decisions or at least I didn't. But my decisions also never included giving up any of my other kids, instead I sent my oldest son (the one with mental issues) to live with his dad. I had to protect the other kids from him. I understand CPs pain regarding that decision. In a way you feel like you're giving up on the child that has the mental issues, but then you have to protect the other kids too....a very hard decision for any parent :(

I just hope and pray that where ever EP is, that she is safe and really with someone who loves her and cares about her, it doesn't seem that she had that for the first 13 yrs of her life :(

I feel that part of this whole debacle is true. I really do not believe that SP and CP killed her simply because of the number of people in that house. That would have been very difficult to do and get away with unless the entire family is in cahoots. I kind of believe that they did send Erica away with someone and the question is just who that someone is and where she is now.

My theory lies in information from the bio mom's FB account. As many already have posted, she had been on ancestry looking for her family members. For anyone who took the time to go through her entire FB you would also have seen that in early 2011 she began working with "this lady" as she referred to her, who found her bio family for her. In order for "this lady" to have found her family, she would have had to give this person all sorts of information about her family, basically something to go off. If you consider that along with what CP has been telling the press, that "Nan" called her and knew all personal info about Erica and the family, and that is why they supposedly never questioned if the woman was legit.

The timeline fits: Bio mom's first comment about finding her bio fam is in 2/11, then 5 months later CP allegedly gets the first call from this woman who knows all sorts of information. Erica's first visit with "Nan" supposedly takes place in 9/11 - about the same time the bio mom posts again on FB about "this lady". All I know is its all too coincidental. Perhaps someone she was put in touch with wasn't a good person and recognized the opportunity to exploit the situation.

Regardless I believe I am most frustrated with the siblings, 6 grown siblings between the adoptive and bio family. If my parents told me one day that my sister just up and went to live with someone else, it wouldn't have ended there for me and I certainly wouldn't have just accepted that answer without further pressing and questioning.

I am really hoping there is a positive ending to all this.

"Thursday, the FBI questioned the father, Sandy Parsons, for hours. He did not speak to the media after it was over."

Would love to get a glimpse of SP's version of events. He was mostly silent during the video interview.

Deputies from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office showed up at the Parsons' Salisbury home Friday morning.
Two deputies showed up at the Miller Chapel Road home around 9:15 a.m. and briefly spoke with someone inside the home.
NBC reporter Katie Killen was at the home when the deputies arrived.

After speaking with someone in the home for about five minutes, the deputies left the property, followed by another man in a minivan.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Authorities-return-to-Parsons-home-Friday-morning-219919211.html

Deputies from the Rowan County Sheriff's Office showed up at the Parsons' Salisbury home Friday morning.
Two deputies showed up at the Miller Chapel Road home around 9:15 a.m. and briefly spoke with someone inside the home.
NBC reporter Katie Killen was at the home when the deputies arrived.

After speaking with someone in the home for about five minutes, the deputies left the property, followed by another man in a minivan.
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Authorities-return-to-Parsons-home-Friday-morning-219919211.html

Those of you that believe Casey, can you please tell me why?

i lean towards not believing her, so would be interested in hearing some ideas.

She refers to Erica in the past tense. That bothers me.

My daughters friend ran away once, and I did more to help find her than these people did to find their daughter.

Do any of you remember a thread on WS about a trailer that had a body found in the floor boards? I remember it was a shot lived thread, but the trailer at some point was in FL but I think it was found in GA or NC. There was also a thread about a car and a body found in the car, but the property owner did own the car and didn't know how it ended up on his property, again it was here in the south somewhere. I don't know if any of it is connected but you can see how this stuff goes on and no one comes forward. These two bodies were someone's relative, yet no one knew the details. There was a kid that was missing from DCF's file, he was a foster kid and he wasn't reported missing for over 10 yr IIRC. So this is not a surprise to me. These kids fall between the cracks.

She refers to almost everyone in the past. When she was talking about her son's bipolar disorder she said "he had bipolar".

The things that she is talking about supposedly happened in the past. Since she hasn't seen her in two years it would be hard for her to talk about her in the present tense. If she did that then people would question how she knew that when she hasn't seen her.

Not saying that I do believe her but referring to Erica in the past tense doesn't mean a thing IMO. The videos are very interesting. She pretty much looks and speaks directly to the person interviewing her except for when she was asked if she thought that Jamie may have been abusing Erica while she was in the hospital. She says no but her eyes get busy and won't stay in one place.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?vcid=25019208&freewheel=90153&sitesection=salisbury

Snipped... The Parsons’ attorney did speak about the development Friday afternoon. He says both Casey and Sandy will have to appear in juvenile court. There will be a hearing to determine if their two biological kids, removed on August 1, can return home. The 7-year-old boy and 8-year-old girl are with Casey’s mother.

A neighbor also told NBC Charlotte that deputies questioned Sandy Parson about trash bags that he took out of the home on Thursday night.

Those of you that believe Casey, can you please tell me why?

i lean towards not believing her, so would be interested in hearing some ideas.

My daughters friend ran away once, and I did more to help find her than these people did to find their daughter.

An argument for Casey: She's physically frail. She has brought into her home as many as 4 other children into her home that were not biologically hers. The family members allegedly speaking out against her could be the son she recently kicked out or other family members who carry grudges. Her business is caring for small animals. She just doesn't fit the profile of someone who would harm a child.

I am new to websleuths so I am not really sure how this works. I live about 45 minutes away from where her family lives. Yesterday I read a post that may have been tying the family to surry county. They found human remains in surry county yesterday. May not be related but that caught my eye. The article is posted below:

http://myfox8.com/2013/08/15/human-remains-found-in-surry-county/

Also the dr Phil how will air on Tuesday. Saw the promo this afternoon but they haven't changed the description on the guide yet.

An argument for Casey: She's physically frail. She has brought into her home as many as 4 other children into her home that were not biologically hers. The family members allegedly speaking out against her could be the son she recently kicked out or other family members who carry grudges. Her business is caring for small animals. She just doesn't fit the profile of someone who would harm a child.

:wagon: Glad you've joined us, Esquire!

Casey reportedly has complications from gastric bypass surgery, but I wouldn't say she is frail. She is in the business of selling animals; I have no idea how well she cares for them. Hang around WS for awhile and you'll find that there really is no profile for a person who harms a child. Abusers come from all walks of life. They can have any type of occupation, live in any neighborhood, have lots of money or very little, have a multitude of friends or be a loner, be a pillar of the church or someone who never darkens the church door. An abuser can be someone who volunteers in the community or is a big contributor to charities. An abuser may be someone who is considered an outstanding citizen. Most of us don't know people as well as we think we do.

Also plenty of people kill and abuse children...
Yet take excellent care of their animals.

We've even seen kids treated like dogs, kept in cages, starved almost to death or to death...
Yet, the dog who started out in that cage is perfectly healthy.
Even if she did take care of the animals well, it doesn't mean she didn't abuse her kids. :twocents:

Also, I personally knew a woman who adopted multiple children from orphanages.
She was an awesome mother, adored her kids... yet ended up here for killing her baby.
You just never know, I defended that woman... I still have a hard time believing she did it.

The information about the son being bipolar comes from Casey. How do we know it's true? Frankly, I question anything she says at this point.

She doesn't look or act frail me. She brought kids into her home via foster care which can have a money motive plus there's the whole surrogate mother thing. Her business is breeding animals for profit.

I refuse to judge how a person treats a child compared to how they treat an animal. My ex takes phenomenal care of his dogs, yet his care for the children leaves much to be desired. I also feel that there is no set profile in regards to a child abuser- I think that even a well adjusted, loving parent can snap and something bad can happen. (Although to be honest, I don't think that is entirely the case here- seems there was some rough waters along the way...)

Good point re: the use of past tense.

I've not watched the videos, am going to try to right now.

There are dog breeders who do it for the love of the breed. Then there are dog breeders who use dogs as an easy way to make money by breeding them. In my book, that is animal abuse.
Thee are people who foster and adopt children for the love of children. then there are those that foster or adopt to make money by doing so. I find nothing believable about this woman, and every time she mentions Erica, i look for any traces of love, or concern, or even fondness. i see none.
Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member