NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
a big fat HUGE thank you for transcribing!!!

and... sigh. that poor girl, i wonder where she's buried.

I'm still trying to figure out what the JBR stuff is!? Pics of her or case glued on a magazine/notebook?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it means a magazine with JonBenet on the cover. If you go on ebay, and search for JonBenet, there are many issues of People, National Enquirer, Globe, Star, etc with her case on the cover. I don't know if it's signicant that they use the word "magazine" instead of "tabloid" though.

So the phone is disconnected at nans and you're just like oh well, can't talk to my daughter anymore? Maybe ill check FB for her?

And when you're gone to the hospital you leave your very small daughter with someone who you admittedly say that everyone in the family is scared of, assaulted Erica, and bet you until you were unconscious?

Yeah no big deal :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I don't understand myself. For some reason, I believe what Casey is saying.

Yeah. I read through all the transcripts. I kind of believe her too. I was sure the parents had done something to her. Now...

She has a lot of details about nan. They sound believable. It just broke my heart reading about Jaimie, because my son is bipolar and that is what he was like before he was properly medicated (he is now doing great, by the way. Yay for Lithium and Mayo clinic). But we were terrified of him once. Very sad.

I'm really worried that Jaime did something to her on one of her visits home when mom was in the hospital. Maybe Casey is telling the truth up until that point.

Believe me I think there is something very wrong with this woman--I think she was abusive and she just threw away her child and kept getting money from the state and did not care at all about her. But I believe that nan exists. But maybe she's just a very good liar. She also clearly denied killing the girl--if you buy into statement analysis stuff. She said No without any verbal gymnastics. Straight up, No.

Confusing and bizarre case.

Back up there somewhere^ ACandyRose posted about the bio father BDG & his mother CLG & her obit- & yes ... she died July 11, 2005. And yes those are the mugshots of BDG, one and the same, sadly. And I am of the opinion a lot of people up there all know who is who and how they are all rather connected in different ways....but exactly how they all figure in this case, I don't know.

And I think a lot of people failed Erica Lynn Parsons.

How can you hate a child because of who her mother is? And you even adopted her?
CP knew who it was the day they supposedly took her in. I guess the money was the draw...if it wasn't , and unconditional love was, then Erica wouldn't be missing.
It is so heartwrenchingly sad...Erica sounds so much like one of my bio sisters, who had a deplorable childhood. smh

Sometimes I don't understand myself. For some reason, I believe what Casey is saying.

The son that started this, James/Jamie, is bipolar. My brother was bipolar. Right before he was diagnosed and got his meds straight, he was convinced some pretty crazy and horrible things had happened to him. And he was so charming he could fool anyone. For a minute, reading the transcript, I thought "oh crap. What if this is just one of his delusions"?
But the fact that so many family members confirm he allegations of abuse I tend to think they( cp&sp) are the ones who are lying.

what would one look for in ears?

I agree with Claire. I have taken a child development course and a special ed course for my education degree, as well as doing a presentation on FAS. Erica has small eye openings, a low nasal bridge, a thin upper lip, epicanthal folds (folds around the interior of the eyes), and an indistinct philtrum, all physical signs of FAS. As for other signs, she is apparently very delayed academically (as some, not all, children with FAS are). As for the ears, I believe that minor ear anomalies (such as "railroad ears - where there are parallel "tracks" visible around the outside of the outer ear) can be another physical sign of FAS.

If she does have FAS, she would be in greater than normal danger of being taken advantage of - as these children/teens tend to be very trusting, can be inappropriately affectionate toward strangers, and often have troubles understanding the concepts of money and time. They are often not very "street smart." If the person taking her to "grandma's house" was really a kidnapping stranger, she would have quite likely taken him at his word.

This is a really sad case. I hope she is found. I can't believe the callousness of her foster parents, not trying (seriously) to track her down in 2 years, and keeping her support checks! It does not put them in a positive light, at all, IMO.

Part 1:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011

Part 2:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - *ENDANGERED* Erica Lynn Parsons, 15, Rowan County, 19-Nov-2011

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25019228

Casey: (video starts mid-sentence) -of custody.

Reporter: Some person who didn't want to say that person's name, thought perhaps that may be unethical to continue to receive-

Casey: You have to understand about that. Along with that comes Medicaid, and I knew that was Erica's only way of going to the doctor if she became sick and needed to go to the doctor. So, if you cancel that too, you cancel her insurance that she has, and that was her only health insurance at all. And, I actually have the letter over there that tells about receiving that. And, there's two criterias for it- legal responsibility or financial responsibility.

Reporter: So, how did you use the money, then?

Casey: It- just put it in the bank, and just like we received it, and it's in- it's sitting in the bank. 'Cause-

Reporter: No one went to Irene, Nan?

Casey: No, we don't even know an address. I still have her Medicaid card sitting here.

Reporter: How would she get-

Casey: If she needed that.

Reporter: - to the doctor?

Casey: She would have to call and do it. Now see, they did mention about treatment one time for her. And Nan, when we called her back, we went to see- we called to see how that went when she was at the ER, supposed to be, that night- um, she said she got her treated.

Reporter: This is up in Asheville?

Casey: Yes. And they- the detective said they called a hospital. The hospital me and my husband searched for and found was Mission's Hill, wasn't it? Hospital, that we assume that's where she went to. Um, but they won't give you any information over the phone. And, the detective said they was checking all that and checking it out.

Reporter: Do you know how to contact the biological parents?

Casey: Uh, the mom has called me almost every day up until this week.

Reporter: What's she saying? What's she calling for?

Casey: She was actually supposed to come here and wanted to stay here with me until she could talk, in case they needed her. Up until Monday, now she doesn't, she hasn't responded to me anymore.

Reporter: Have you tried to call her back?

Casey: Yes. They said- well, the last time she said that was somebody from the media called her and told her that I killed her. And that was- she hung up.

Reporter: But, had you been in contact with her for this whole time?

Casey: Yes.

Reporter: Regular contact with her?

Casey: Yes, all of us has. My daughter-in-law, all of us has talked to her constantly.

Reporter: So, where is she at now?

Casey: I think she's still in Louisiana. I have no idea. As of Monday, that's where I think she still was at.

Reporter: So, who are her parents in relation to you, then?

Casey: Her, the-

Reporter: Biological mother.

Casey: Her parents, they're not- she was married to my husband's brother. She was our sister-in-law.

Reporter: Who is not the father of the child?

Casey: Yeah. She's not- not of Erica.

Reporter: That's Billy?

Casey: Yeah.

Reporter: So, in addition to you guys not knowing where she is, not being able to find Nan, the father- biological father- does not know where she is? That's what he, perhaps, is telling you-

Casey: That's what he's saying.

Reporter: - or investigators and the biological mother does not know where she is, either?

Casey: Yeah, and when I told- she did not know there was other ladies there with her to pick her up and she's- I told her about Strawberry and her exact words was, I hate to say that on this, but she was like, "That *****. If I know she's in on this, I'm going to kill her." and I said, "You've met Strawberry before, Carolyn?" and she goes, "I lived with her for almost 6 months." That's- I didn't even know she knew these people, not the Strawberry woman and Kelly. I knew she knew Nan. I didn't know she knew Strawberry and them.

Reporter: And, she's the one who put you in touch with Nan?

Reporter: The biological mother-

Reporter: -put you in touch with Nan?

Casey: Yes. She gave- Nan said all of our information, Erica's birthday and everything come from Carolyn Parsons. Everything.

Reporter: What's the last thing investigators either asked or said to you? When was it? I mean, I know you-

Casey: It was- the last thing they said to me was I was going to regret going to my lawyer. We had probably a three hour conversation about going to the lawyer. 'Cause when we went back up for more questioning and we told them straight out that after at 4:30 we had an appointment, they- nothing was said about Erica during that time, at that point. It was all the lawyer, and we would regret it.

Reporter: Mr.Sherill, have you spoken to anyone in law enforcement?

Sherill: Haven't heard a word.

Reporter: Is that unusual in a case like this?

Sherill: If they wanted any information, they know where to find it. They've never spoken to me.

Reporter: They said uncooperative, in your opinion-

Casey: It's 'cause we went to the lawyer. No, we did exactly what he told us to do. Matter of fact, when he come- the very first day of questioning when he showed up at our house at 9 o'clock in the morning and asked us would I be willing to follow him back to look at pictures and to try and identify Nan and Strawberry and Kelly, we just got my pocketbook and we followed him straight back up there. We stayed all day, and the very next day was back up there again. And then when we said we was getting a lawyer, that's when heck broke loose and he said we would regret it. But, I did tell him I was more than willing to still come back up there and answer any questions and do what he wanted as long as lawyer Sherrill could be there, and he would not let me come.

Sherrill: As an aside to that, the department of social services came out here- what was it, July 30th?

Sherrill: 31st?

Casey: 30th.

Sherrill: And did an assessment to if there was any danger, do you have that with you?

Casey: Yes, I do. Do you want to grab that folder for us over there, Kayla?

Reporter: Two other juveniles were removed, is that correct?

Reporter: It was two?

Reporter: And, they were removed because they're under 18, is that correct?

Casey: They never told me why they was being removed. I do not know.

Reporter: You have other kids here, but they're older?

Casey: Yeah. I got a 17 year old daughter.

Sherrill: The assessment is a safety assessment, and they're marked here, um.

Reporter: What is the date?

Sherrill: The current date it says is July 30th, 2013. Their signatures are actually dated July 31st, 2013.

Sandy: They left at 1:30 in the morning.

Sherrill: Every- there are 11 questions as to whether there is danger to the child or children. The first 11 questions are marked 'no'. The 12th question has an 'other', so it's not a standard question, and it says, "The whereabouts of Erica Parsons is unknown." Then, they have a plan, again marked 'other', that says 'See below', and they say, "The plan in effect until safety issues have been resolved is parents agree to make every effort to contact Erica by Facebook, or find contact information for her caregivers." Then, it was what, August 1st-

Sherill:- that you called me?

Casey: Yes. This was like at 1:30 in the morning, so it actually had turned into July the 31st, and just 24 hours later.

Sherill: Okay. You called me on August 1st, and at 8 o'clock that night, the department of social services came out and took the children.

Reporter: Two of them, correct?

Casey: Mhm. Not even twenty- the only difference was, um- cause we got a lawyer and they told us that we would regret it.

Reporter: Getting back to some of the other things you said before- why, in your words, were they accusing you of murder and/or selling her? I know you talked about the medical bills.

Reporter: But, why did they say that?

Casey: The murder is all James. All of it James. All of it James, 'cause he said that. He said that. That's the only reason. And his is retaliation. He's mad at me.

Reporter: Did they say they have any evidence against you-

Casey: No.

Reporter: -of a crime?

Casey: Nothing.

Reporter: Have they told you if you're a suspect?

Casey: No, they haven't. They haven't told us anything like that. Nothing.

Reporter: So, suddenly, someone could just get into contact with Erica.

Casey: Exactly. His exact words were actually, when we told him we was going to the lawyer, was- cause I was crying, he said, "Why would you be going to a lawyer?" and I said, "Cause of what Scott said that you told him." And um, his words was, "Everything that you've told us has checked out." So, I don't understand why they're saying now that we have lied about the stuff when his words was, everything that we've told him has checked out. Did he not?

(Sandy nods)

Casey: He told us that in the lobby of the courthouse. His exact words to us. He said, "Everything you have been telling us has checked out. We've got it. We've got Strawberry. We've got the Kelly. Everything." And, he said, "So, you still want to go to this lawyer?" I said, "Yes." And that's when he actually, he had a cell phone in his hand, he said, "You are going to regret doing this." He said, "Do you understand what I'm saying?" I said, "Yes." And I didn't know what he meant then either, and he got on his cell phone and we walked out of the court house and walked to his office, and then when we got home just like an hour later we knew what he meant by that.

Reporter: Assuming Erica, like many teenagers, has access to the internet- she can probably see what is happening, what would you say to her?

Casey: Well, actually, her half-sister actually told the detectives that she had talked to her just earlier this year on Facebook and asked her, "How are you doing?" And she replied, "I'm fine." And that was her step- it's her half-sister, Carolyn's biological daughter, Brittany Cline. And, we was told that during the two days of questioning, that Brittany had contacted her and said she's doing fine.

Reporter: So, that was three months ago?

Casey: She said, "Earlier this year, I talked to Erica on Facebook." She had a Facebook page and she talked to her and asked her, "How are you doing?" and she replied, "I'm fine."

Reporter: How would she be able to find one?

Casey: I cannot find no Facebook. Brittany said though that she had it under a different name. Um, Brooke is gone, isn't she? Brooke remembers the day that Brittany said- we actually even have pictures of where Brittany wrote Brooke where the Facebook thing was- my daughter, Brooke- pictures of her saying where she talked to her and Erica replied, "I'm fine."

Reporter: I guess, obviously this could be a law enforcement question too but they don't- they're not answering questions. With cell phone technology, internet technology, court records, you know, where people live, things of that nature, um- search warrants, they can come see your phone records, cell phone records, whatever- you know, why can't they find a 15 year old girl?

Casey: To my knowledge, they've never even looked at none of that stuff yet. And why, I don't know. 'Cause I've asked myself the same thing. We've welcomed them to come here and do whatever they have to do. Anything. And they're welcome right this minute. They are. We've told them to dig the yard up, look in our house, look at anything. They're more than welcome to do that. More than welcome.

Reporter: Is there a search underway?

Casey: Nothing that I know of.

Reporter: Have you heard of any indication investigators are..?

Sherrill: Haven't said anything to me.

Reporter: Why would they do this?

Sherrill: I don't know.

Reporter: You likely have some experience with them. Have you ever seen local investigators do something like this under the threat of somebody getting a lawyer?

Sherrill: Uh, I have my own opinions. (chuckles)

Reporter: I'm sure.

Sherrill: But, uh- that would be, I would say, unusual anyway. What they did was, they basically asked them all the questions. They tried to answer all the questions they could, but they started asking questions they couldn't answer because they didn't have the knowledge. So, it's a law enforcement thing to start accusing to see if somebody will pipe up and say, and when they started accusing, they said, "Wait a minute. We think we need a lawyer." or, "We might consider a lawyer." So, they came and talked to me, and evidently for what, three hours, they browbeat you after that?

Sherrill: For going to a lawyer?

Sherrill: And then, I gave you cards and you gave them cards and said, "Here's our lawyers name if you want to talk to us some more." And they haven't asked another question.

Casey: Nothing.

This story is just so strange. I'm reading all these transcripts and absorbing it all. Poor Erica had a miserable childhood. And 5 family members giving statements of abuse. All of this is so confusing. How did it get to this point that all of these people witnessed the abuse but when she has been missing for 2 years no red flags ever went off? I don't understand how no one questioned them or called authorities or DSS knowing that she had been mistreated and now nowhere to be seen for all of these months.

I don't think we should jump to any conclusions. I believe the extended family were kept away for the most part and Casey seems to confirm limited contact with Sandy's side of the family in the six part interview. They did make abuse reports, but we don't have a lot of information about it. We have no idea how many reports were made or how many people made them. If Erica was not abused in front of anyone who could confirm it, if the parents denied abusing Erica, and if Erica herself was too frightened to confirm the abuse, it would be difficult to prove and DSS will not remove a child from the home without proof. This family apparently moved quite frequently. There are multiple addresses for them in Cabarrus and Rowan counties and Casey named 3 elementary schools that Erica attended besides being "homeschooled" by Casey. It's hard for neighbors and others to recognize possible abuse when people don't stay in one place for very long.

Just a note about Erica being several levels behind in school according to Casey - this does not surprise me. I would be surprised if she was on grade level. Moving back and forth between schools and between public school and home school would make learning difficult. Whatsmore, how consistent was Erica's homeschooling? Casey speaks in the 6 part interview of being in the hospital for weeks at a time, coming home for a day, and then returning to the hospital for weeks, again. She said Sandy was working at the time. So, who was in charge of the home school? Erica's exposure to education may have been limited.

08/14/2013 Search Warrant for Financials

media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/08/15/DOC_1.PDF

EXCERPT:

The crime currently under investigation for which the request for the issuance of this search warrant is being made, is the crime of obtaining property by false pretenses, specifically detailed in North Carolina General Statute 14-100.

On Thursday, August /, 2013, I spoke with Rowan County Sheriff K.L. Auten at the RCSO in Salisbury, NC. Sheriff Auten requested that the SBI assist his agency with an investigation into the disappearance of missing person Erica Lynn Parsons (W/F/DOB: 02/28/1998 / SSN: (blacked out). During my conversations with RCSO criminal Investigations Detective lt. C.A. Moose, I was told that Erica was the adopted daughter of Sandy parsons, Sr. (W/M/DOB; 12/02/1973 / SSN: (blacked out) and Casey Stone Parsons (W/F/DOB; 01/03/1975 / SSN: (blacked out) of 218 Miller Chapel Road, Salisbury, NC 28147.

Erica was reported missing on July 30, 2013, by James Parson and Scott Parsons. James Parsons and Scott Parsons are the biological children of Sandy and Casey Parsons. James told investigators that Erica had not been seen since November or December of 2011 and that his parents told him Erica had been taken to her grandmother's residence in Asheville, NC. James told investigators that Sandy and Casey Parsons routinely abused Erica both mentally and physically. James also reported that Sandy and Casey Parsons continued to receive checks for Erica from the State of North Carolina after she was last seen in 2011.

According to Lt. Moose, after the above information was received the RCSO began an investigation to locate Erica. RCSO Investigators interviewed both Sandy parsons, Sr., and Casey Stone Parsons and they told the investigators they took Erica to Asheville, NC, in 2011 to live with her biological grandmother Irene Goodman, aka Nan Goodman or Nana Goodman. Casey told the investigators that she, Sandy Sr., and their biological daughter Brook Parsons took Erica to live with Irene Goodman but when Brook was interviewed she said she did not accompany her parents when they took Erica to deliver her to Irene Goodman.

The Parsons were unable to provide any contact information for the person they delivered Erica to but Casey Stone Parsons reported she had been contacted by Irene Goodman through the social network Facebook. Casey Stone Parsons was unable to show investigators this person on the Facebook website. Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy parsons, Sr. were unable to provide any known locations of the person they claim to have delivered 13 year old Erica Lynn Parsons to in Asheville, NC.

Lt. Moose also told me that during the interviews, Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy Parsons, Sr., stated Erica was adopted and that they received financial aid from the State of North Carolina for Erica and they admitted they continued to receive the financial aid after Erica left their custody in 2011.

As the investigation continued, Lt. Moose said his division interviewed other members of the Parsons family and extended family. In summary, they told investigators that Erica was small for her age and rarely interacted with family or extended family. Some witnesses said that Erica consistantly had bruises and bumps on her arms and legs that Casey blamed on another child in the family. Several witnesses described Casey Stone Parsons as abusive and said negative things about Erica.

One witness said that they took custody of Erica for about 8 months after Casey parsons called them and said she could not stand to look at Erica. This witness said that Casey brought Erica to their house she had bruises on her bottom and Casey Parsons said she had lost control and beat Erica. This witness also said that after about 8 months Casey Stone Parsons resumed custody of Erica and said she was afraid that DSS (Departmentof Social Services) would find out that she did not have her and she was still getting money for her.

On Monday, August 12, 2013, I spoke with Farmers and Merchants Bank Corporate Security Officer T.R. Barber and asked for assistance in locating any institutions where Sandy Parsons, Sr., Casey Stone Parsons, and Erica Lynn Parsons had checking accounts, savings accounts, or other financials accounts. Barber sent this request through a network of regional Corporate Security Officers in an attempt to assist me with my investigation.

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013, I received an email response from BB&T Corporate Investigations Officer Kevin Hampton. Hampton reported that he had been able to find BB&T accounts for Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy parsons, Sr, and that there was recent activity for Casey Stone Parsons account.

On Tuesday, August 13, 2013, I spoke with FBI Special Agent Tara Cataldo in reference to this investigation. She informed me that the FBI had found records through the PayPal accounts of Sandy Parsons, Sr. and Casey Stone Parsons that the Parsons had financial accounts with SunTrust Bank, Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) and Bank of America.

It is believed that the continued desire to utilize the funds, proceeds, or financial assistance intended for the care or benefit of Erica Lynn Parsons (W/F/DOB: 02/28/1998 / SSN: (blacked out) resulted in the delay or outright denial to report Erica Lynn Parsons missing in a timely or reasonable time frame.

I submit that there is probably cause to believe that from November /December of 2011 to the present date, Erica Lynn Parson has not lived in the care and custody of Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy parson, Sr, and that during this period of time Casey Stone Parsons and Sandy parsons, Sr, received some type of government assistance for keeping Erica Lynn parsons in their care and custody.

I further submit that this institutes probable cause to believe that a crime, obtaining property by false pretenses, has occurred, and that evidence of this crime can be found in the financial documents maintained by BB&T, Wachovia Bank and Trust (Wells Fargo), SunTrust Bank, and Bank of America.

==========================================
ACR

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/v...itesection=salisbury_hom_non_sec&VID=25019208

Reporter: There are some people- and they don't want to be identified who say, "There is something they're not saying."

Sherrill: Those are the people talking to WSOC.

Casey: That's his family.

Reporter: I'm asking the question now. (Sherrill chuckles) I, I- you know. But- to those people who say, you know what, there's just something that they don't want people to know, there's something that happened and they're not talking about it. And, you say- what?

Casey: First, let me just explain that family real fast. He's sitting here and I know he don't want to say anything against the family. We don't do that. We just always keep our mouth shut and kept to ourselves. This, to us, was our family that lived here. My kids. We've been shunned by that family since we been married, even before we had kids. I can tell you that his parents and them, I could tell you- count on one hand how many times they laid eyes on Erica in probably ten years, much less the last two to three, what they're saying. That- no. We didn't go to birthday parties. We didn't go to Christmas stuff at their house. We didn't do that. That was- that has been a long family history with that family. And, you gotta also remember, the son that's doing this to us is with that family. So, that's a lot of why they're saying this and doing this.

Reporter: If, say, hypothetically they find Erica.

Reporter: She's 15 years old. You still technically have legal custody. If she's found, is she coming back here?

Casey: That's what- no, that's what I was hoping all this would do. I'm hoping that Erica is not scared and will come forward 'cause there is two other little kids involved that she loves very much. And, I don't think she realizes that they have been removed from this house because of this. If she would just call, I understand that she wants to stay with Nan, and that's- I told her before, that's fine. We can work this out, and they just want it legal. I'm willing to do that. If Nan wants to go and do legal stuff, we'll go do legal stuff so all this will be resolved. I won't make Erica still come home. She's welcome to stay there as long as DSS and them are present and says she can stay there. But, she needs to just call. One of them needs to call. So, they can say, "I'm fine. I'm here." Let's just get the legal stuff taken care of, and we can decide then at that point if Nan's, in the laws eyes, 'cause they took my parental rights saying it's safe away, so let's let them say if it's safe for her to stay. 'Cause, to me, it was. I'm more than willing to let her stay there if she just call and tell us. Just come and we'll do- we'll get something where she can still go with that grandmother. We'll just do it on the paper this time the right way. I'm more than willing to do that. But, it could get her little brother and sister back in this house where they're not going through this, and all it would take it just to set up- just minutes, "I'm okay." And, we will do it. I'll pay for the stuff to get signed over if she would just come and let us sign papers. Lets just sign it and do it legal so the law will be okay with this, and they will see where she's at.

Reporter: Do you even know if Nan is alive?

Casey: She was alive when she got her in December. Um, I would assume she still is. I have been told that she died by Carolyn, and the detectives mentioned that. But, they also told me the girl that was with Strawberry- her daughter died in a car wreck, and that come out that was a lie, and she's alive.

Reporter: And, you said on Facebook she was a different name?

Casey: That's what Brittany- Brittany said. Do you remember the name that Brittany said she was going under on the Facebook? When she wrote, "Are you okay?" and she wrote back, "I'm okay."? You don't remember that? Have you got that still on your thing?

Female off camera: She just told me about how she just wrote her about a few months back and all she got from Erica was, "I'm fine."

Casey: Okay. But it was supposed to be a whole other Facebook, it wasn't under Erica Parsons. So, we even been looking for Erica Goodman. And then, now since we found Strawberry's name, Janice Jackson, we was looking for Erica Jackson. We been looking for everything that you could think of.

Reporter: Primarily searching on Facebook?

Casey: I am, 'cause that's the last- that's the last time that I know that anybody says they've talked to her, was Brittany. So, we started doing all these Facebook things, and trying to see if maybe she's just under there or something where she'll call.

Reporter: Now, the horse riding, that would tell me that there must be some land up there-

Reporter: - is the home in the city of Asheville, or...?

Casey: No, Nan told me the home- it was fifteen minutes from the Biltmore house and she had a farm, and she had horses. And, Erica told me about the horses that she rode all the time.

Reporter: So, what's the next step for you?

Casey: We're waiting. We're waiting on that call to come in. We don't know what else to do but to wait for that call. Hoping that maybe she'll see this. She'll see what happened to the other ones and she'll call.

Reporter: Are you going to call investigators back?

Casey: That- they know, they know where to reach me at. I don't know what to call and tell them. They know I'm here waiting on them. They know I'm open anytime.

Reporter: But you don't want to call-

Casey: They know our home phone number. They know our cell phone number. They know everything.

Reporter: We've heard rumors that your family will be appearing on Dr. Phil. Is that true at all?

Sherrill: Monday.

Casey: Monday.

Reporter: Monday you're on Dr. Phil?

Reporter: Will you be there, as well?

Sherrill: That's projected. They called yesterday and asked. My secretary is lining it up.

Reporter: What is their subject for the show?

Sherrill: I have no idea. They just- they just tell me where to go.

Reporter: So, you're planning to go on Dr. Phil, though?

Casey: Yeah. We're hoping this will flesh her out.

Sherrill: She could be anywhere in the country and if there is any way to reach her, that's a way to do that.

Reporter: You don't know what the segment is about? They didn't...?

Sherrill: They called us. They evidently picked it up from somewhere and said they were interested in it. Called us yesterday and wanted an exclusive interview. We told them we're doing the local TV stations. They said, "That's fine." And, uh- last I heard, they wanted us- I think we're supposed to fly out tomorrow.

Casey: Yeah. That's what she said.

Reporter: Flying up to New York?

Sherrill: LA.

Casey: LA.

Reporter: Did they pitch any particular angle or...?

Sherrill: They just said they picked it up on the internet or from news sources and said that it was very popular and they wanted- their only request was that we do them exclusively.

Reporter: Did they say when that could be aired?

Sherrill: They're supposed to do it on Monday, I don't know if it's live. I don't even know what network it's on.

Casey: We're in hopes that she or somebody watches it and maybe she won't be scared to come out and call.

Reporter: Why would she be scared of calling now?

Casey: Well, there's cops involved. I don't know exactly what she's thinking- going through her head. I mean, my kids that lived here was scared when they got taken away. Even the little ones was scared to death. They was scared to go outside to play with their dogs. Nothing they did, nothing that Erica's done- that's scary for anybody at any age. I'm almost 40, and this is very scary for me. I don't- I've never had people knocking on my door like this. We have people that's hollering at us, threatening to kill us. I mean, we have a lot of stuff going on at this house.

Reporter: Do you have a more recent picture of Erica that we could use?

Casey: I've got the one from Christmas.

Reporter: That was Christmas of what year?

Casey: Of 2010.

Reporter: And, do you have a picture of James?

Casey: I don't have it on me. Where was...?

Sandy: It's in the files, I think. Do you want me to go get it?

Casey: Could you get that for us, Rick?

Every time I hear about Nan I get flashbacks of Zanny the Nanny.

Every time I hear about Nan I get flashbacks of Zanny the Nanny.

LOL, I know. Besides Zanny, don't forget about Juliette Lewis and her daughter Annabelle, Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, Zanny's roommate Raquel Ferrell, and Zanny's mother, Gloria. Oh, and Zanny had a white dog too. :floorlaugh:

Yeppers, I think we're heading down that ole Rabbit Hole again !!

I too am starting to believe her. I do not believe she should be parenting Erica, but I do think she is telling the truth, or maybe it's just the truth that she has convinced herself is true?

I too have an older son with a mental health issue, and at the time that he started acting out, I was going thru cancer treatments and raising 4 kids on my own. So I understand the chaos and fear yet live for her older son. When all that is going on in a home, you don't always make wise decisions or at least I didn't. But my decisions also never included giving up any of my other kids, instead I sent my oldest son (the one with mental issues) to live with his dad. I had to protect the other kids from him. I understand CPs pain regarding that decision. In a way you feel like you're giving up on the child that has the mental issues, but then you have to protect the other kids too....a very hard decision for any parent :(

I just hope and pray that where ever EP is, that she is safe and really with someone who loves her and cares about her, it doesn't seem that she had that for the first 13 yrs of her life :(

The son that started this, James/Jamie, is bipolar. My brother was bipolar. Right before he was diagnosed and got his meds straight, he was convinced some pretty crazy and horrible things had happened to him. And he was so charming he could fool anyone. For a minute, reading the transcript, I thought "oh crap. What if this is just one of his delusions"?
But the fact that so many family members confirm he allegations of abuse I tend to think they( cp&sp) are the ones who are lying.

Just jumping off your post...
I think that CP & SP did abuse EP, and that may be the reason why CP didn't bother trying to find EP after she went to Nan's. CP said in her interview that EP did not want the family at her birthday party after EP told them that she wanted to live with Nan. CP said that she was hurt by that. I think CP knew that she was going to lose EP because she had abused her in the past, she was just hoping that she wouldn't lose her. When she did, when EP said she didn't want to come back, CP knew then that EP was lost forever to her and so she didn't bother looking for her. Her guilty conscience probably told her that EP didn't (and shouldn't) want to have anything to do with her ever again.

If that is the case, I hope and pray that EP is with Nan and that the reason why she isn't coming forward is because she is terrified that she will have to go back to that abusive family. CP did state in her interview that she thinks EP and Nan are scared, and that's why they are not coming forward. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz