NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said several times I had heard she was raped....wonder if the SW's will comment on that? Perhaps the SW's will finally clear D and no more ugly rumors will swirl about her?

Do you think the 911 calls will be released also?

Ed Crump at WTVD is on now....she was sexually assaulted.....it was random

911 calls and SW's will be unsealed Friday

Ed Crump at WTVD is on now....she was sexually assaulted.....it was random

911 calls and SW's will be unsealed Friday

I just read the article on the WTVD site and it really just restates what we know, which is they asked for DNA samples from people to eliminate them. Karl Knudson, attorney, thinks that means there was a sexual assault, but they really are not saying that police have confirmed that. I wish LE would just go ahead and confirm if that is true. It says that those close to the family say she was sexually assaulted. I just still don't know what to believe.

I just read the article on the WTVD site and it really just restates what we know, which is they asked for DNA samples from people to eliminate them. Karl Knudson, attorney, thinks that means there was a sexual assault, but they really are not saying that police have confirmed that. I wish LE would just go ahead and confirm if that is true. It says that those close to the family say she was sexually assaulted. I just still don't know what to believe.

Believe it Prancy....Kathy Taft was raped.

I looked back at the timeline of the Stephanie Bennett rape/murder case in Raleigh from 2002. It took 30 days from the date of the murder for LE to issue a statement of their profile of the killer. I wish they would do the same of this case as soon as they are able to.

If this was an outside rapist/killer, then what about the sister's timeline issue? Maybe the pieces will fit together better when the warrants and phone calls are released.

Yes Prancy, this confirmation is unnerving to say the least.
An unknown male slipped into the house after 11 PM, bludgeoned a sleeping 62 year old woman into a coma , raped her and then slipped out unnoticed.

This MO is scary for that part of Raleigh, very scary.

Hey y'all finally some new info and we can finally rule out the sister. I agree JTF very scarey but then again where in Raleigh is really safe anymore??

Hi TG!
I for one feel really bad for pushing several vicious rumors about D.
Taft and Holton families....please accept my sincere apology. :angel:

Hi TG!
I for one feel really bad for pushing several vicious rumors about D.
Taft and Holton families....please accept my sincere apology. :angel:

oh no need to apologize. we've been around long enough to suspect people closest to the victim. And we are right MOST of the time. I'm just glad it isn't the sister. While we still aren't sure who it is at least this time we were wrong for a change. Sadly as you know, most of the time we're right on target. Now it's just a matter of getting the scum bag off the streets so that he can't do this again. In all the time I've posted with you, you have been right on target...michelle,nancy,kelly come to mind. I just can't imagine someone doing this to another human. Then again I can't bring myself to think of what compelled Jason Young, Brad Cooper, Scott Morris and many others to do the things they did. :banghead:

Jmo, something is still wrong...

Yea, checking on Kathy for the 1st time at 11:40 am is odd (at least not what I would have done). For me, that is the 'big thing' that really made her story suspicious. Other than that, there were just rumors of jealousy, alcoholism and mental illness that made it easy to consider her a suspect, especially since the cops were totally mute.

what's your thoughts?

The things we do know don't make sense to me. That house, at that time, no burglary, rape of a bandaged up woman, almost 12 hours before sister checked on Kathy and didn't think anything was wrong except surgery complication?

Did someone follow D home or was someone invited by D into the home.

Something is wrong with this picture. jmo

Are any other media sources other than WTVD reporting bout the latest?

I don't think it was wrong to be suspicious of sister in this case; with LE slapping a lid on this case almost instantly, there was reason to believe that a family member was involved. If she is totally uninvolved, it is LE she and family should have an issue with, as they led people to believe that it could be closer to home.
And we still don't know what really happened. We may not, until someone is arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99