GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

:coffeecup: We out here on the East Coast have a cup or four of caffeinated coffee :cup: :cup: instead of milk. Maybe you should try that, my little coffee-bean. :coffeeup: It may help as well that we have a 3-hour head start! Or do you prefer that we Stop Making Sense?

Oh, yes, almost forgot!! Good Morning, sea-chiq! , :cup:

I need more :cup: and an apple fritter, stat.

Any guesses as to whether we'll have something today?

Dang, just got back from helping my friend with the broken ankle and just knew there would be a sentencing verdit by now. Is anything going on with respect to the live stream of the courtroom?
Good afternoon everybody, I hope all is well!

I need more :cup: and an apple fritter, stat.

Any guesses as to whether we'll have something today?

HiYa, sea-Sistah! I was just getting ready to post the same question.... I'm a little surprised -- except that we may all grow old, especially the jury, while they are going through & answering all the mitigators. :hills:

I hope they haven't committed mass harikiri on mitigator 13, or 14, or 21 or 27 or whatevah one. What floor are they on? Windows that open? Has anybody checked on them lately??

"Jury escapes using the Defense Teams's list of mitigating circumstances check-off sheet and fleeing through the bathroom window... Story at 6:00 ..."

Maybe they have more DP'ers than I expected.... :waitasec:

They have a difficult task ahead of them. There is no diminishing the seriousness of the process, and I hope and pray they are doing well. I'm sure its terribly stressful. And borndem, as far as growing old goes, I'M THERE ALREADY! But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Or act like it.:giggle::croc::HHJP::fireworks::Banane49::Banane35::Banane45::Banane57: "Who ordered the cake with the sixty candles on it?!!!!!"

Verdict in - WRAL streaming live, bringing the jury in now

Oh man, this is heart breaking. JW is damn lucky they didn't speak during the penalty phase.

:grouphug: to Kathy's family. What a beautiful show of class, elegance, and compassion. She raised them well.

JT is speaking now... he was in my class many years ago. This is so sad. I wish they would have left JW off his drugs today so he can really absorb this.

Crying.... thank you Judge. Do they usually speak?? I have been so impressed with him this trial and JY.

Totally speaks to Kathy to see and hear her children. Poise, grace, dignity, respect, positive impact.

They honored their mother with their words. I hope they can heal. Their sentiments have certainly given the convict much to reflect upon over the next xx years.

I love that the judge didn't acknowledge JW's existence with any words. Just a simple "Mr. Sheriff, he is in your custody." Perfect.

Judge Gessner -- Talk about eloquence & class -- very emotional. He, speaking to the Tafts, said he was quoting Dr. Seuss: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I still have a frog in my throat.

All of this is just so dammed sad and was so useless, cruel, and undeserved. I hope JW is as sorry about what he did as he *seems* today. A lifetime of regrets and self-blame would be a good start...

Oh, that JT, how sweet-natured he has seemed throughout this thing, but he has let us see his anger and his passion a couple of times. What a looker! A lot of KT there, IMO. <swoon, drool> (easily old/young enuff to be my son)

They have a difficult task ahead of them. There is no diminishing the seriousness of the process, and I hope and pray they are doing well. I'm sure its terribly stressful. And borndem, as far as growing old goes, I'M THERE ALREADY! But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Or act like it.:giggle::croc::HHJP::fireworks::Banane49::Banane35::Banane45::Banane57: "Who ordered the cake with the sixty candles on it?!!!!!"

I'm there, too, Nurse laces! I'm there, too!

They honored their mother with their words. I hope they can heal. Their sentiments have certainly given the convict much to reflect upon over the next xx years.

I love that the judge didn't acknowledge JW's existence with any words. Just a simple "Mr. Sheriff, he is in your custody." Perfect.

bbm

Ummffff. Wow, Boods, excellent observation! I didn't take note of that at the time, but you are right -- such eloquence in his silence. Nothing. Nothing! Yes, Boodles -- Perfect!

And a big Bravo! to JG - KT's eldest. She made him look at her. And then she told him. What ballz, Jessica! Tell him!

You know, we've been lucky with respect to winning cases for the past 18 months or so. Except for the first JY trial that was deadlocked and then turned out ok, we have won each of these awful cases. There is still a HUGE contingency who believes that Brad C. is innocent and just won't be quiet about it. There is even a FB page dedicated to his innocence.
Ok gals, what's up next? Are we going to wait for the R. Abaroa trial to start in the fall or are any of you following another ongoing trial on here?

Well her children surely did her proud with their grace, dignity, and passionate statements. We got a nice summary of what their mother meant to them and her grandchildren.

I hope this allows the healing process to start for all the victims of JW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804
Back