NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw your post and threw up. Now, I am balling my eyes out.

Look at her face at the elevator! Dear God in Heaven!

So many of these cases we all have read about and spent many an hour on.....this one to me is so hard. The pictures of what may have been her last hour alive with a man who when I saw him I really had a feeling he was not going to hurt her. Based on what? I have no idea. Maybe I'm very stupid or very hopeful? I have thrown up as well and have not been able to sleep the whole night. My instincts are evidently messed up.

I can't figure out how to post the picture of AD's home on Wall Street. I have it in my public pictures folder. Could someone grab it and post or give me directions. Thx.

Start a regular post.
Click go advanced.
Click on the paperclip.
Follow directions to attach.

This case...what was done to this little girl...has left me speechless. So many times I've tried to read here, but it's been too painful. I can't put into words how angry I am. I'm thinking of you tonight Shaniya. G-d bless you, sweet girl.

Davis had been living at a house on Wall Street, according to Cromartie, and then lived in different motels until moving in her with her sister, BD, at the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park.

Antoinette Davis had worked to get her life together and had been working for at least six months and gotten a place of her own, Bradley Lockhart said.

Antoinette Davis had lived at a house (on Wall Street) which was raided in July by police for drugs, though no one was arrested. A family friend Tim Allen said "after Shaniya went to her mother’s house, he noticed marks on her arms. "Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms."

AD/Shaniya's Wall Street Home 1/2009 - 8/2009

Attachments

• wallst.jpg
    wallst.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 83
AD's Wall Street Home
Whatever was this father thinking? You want this child to have a mother...then you allow her an afternoon out with your daughter. You encourage phone calls. You have her come over to your house so they can play together. You don't subject her to this! This child must have been so frightened.

We are all on the same page of what the father did not do. I really can't wrap my brain around it. I can say this... We need to change the laws. No other way to try and stop this terrible kind of tragedy from happening again.

Sorry, I was going to do more with the media links today, but I was sick early today, and then my little guy got sick, so that didn't happen.
I'm working on it, but my darn real life got in the way. I'll do what I can, as soon as I can.

I'm having trouble with some of the timeline.

We know that Aunt Carey brought Shaniya to her mother on or about October 9. She thought it was only for a couple days though, right? had packed her clothes enough for two nights?
Then what? She wasn't returned after the weekend, obviously. So did anyone think to bring Shaniya the rest of her clothes? Did she ever "officially" move in? I just can't wrap my head around the fact these people just "dropped her off" and never looked back.
Now, I've heard things about the older brother and the aunt visiting her on the weekends sometimes. Was that while she was at Sleepy Hollow, or some previous time? If they were seeing her, she never mentioned not going to school, they never asked her how school was? Was she always looking her best when she saw them. We know what the trailer looked like, and we know what she looked like on the elevator. I highly doubt AD took the time to pretty Shaniya up for the family. I doubt she cared enough to do that.
I guess I just think there is so much blame to go around here. I feel like they are all covering, not being straightforward. I think only people like us at WS can figure out what's going on. People like NG have a "storyline". If she thinks the dad is innocent, then that's how it stands from that day forth, unless something so obvious happens she will change her opinion, (i.e. Ron Cummings).
My other question is WHO led them to the body? Was it McNeil? AD? They admitted before they found it they had a good , solid lead. So, who told them, and did they cut a deal to give up the info?

And figure two women living there that don't seem to be cleanest (just look at the pics of the inside.) I can imagine a lot of tampons and possibly condoms being flushed. I don't think the trash got emptied often, so the toilet probably became the backup trash can.

It doesn't seem like anyone in this group knows what a condom is let alone use one.

I'm having trouble with some of the timeline.

We know that Aunt Carey brought Shaniya to her mother on or about October 9. She thought it was only for a couple days though, right? had packed her clothes enough for two nights? Highly doubtful
Then what? She wasn't returned after the weekend, obviously. So did anyone think to bring Shaniya the rest of her clothes? Did she ever "officially" move in? I just can't wrap my head around the fact these people just "dropped her off" and never looked back. Never looked back
Now, I've heard things about the older brother and the aunt visiting her on the weekends sometimes. Was that while she was at Sleepy Hollow, or some previous time? Shaniya has been going back and forth between homes her entire life. If they were seeing her, she never mentioned not going to school, they never asked her how school was? Was she always looking her best when she saw them. We know what the trailer looked like, and we know what she looked like on the elevator. I highly doubt AD took the time to pretty Shaniya up for the family. I doubt she cared enough to do that. Don't think they wanted to hear about life with AD.
I guess I just think there is so much blame to go around here. I feel like they are all covering, not being straightforward. I think only people like us at WS can figure out what's going on. People like NG have a "storyline". If she thinks the dad is innocent, then that's how it stands from that day forth, unless something so obvious happens she will change her opinion, (i.e. Ron Cummings). IMO She thinks in terms of good guy/bad guy
My other question is WHO led them to the body? Was it McNeil? AD? They admitted before they found it they had a good , solid lead. So, who told them, and did they cut a deal to give up the info?
We'll find out soon

Someone wanted a side-by-side.
It turned out much more poignant than I expected.

Shaniya's last 11 weeks of life.

SHANIYAsent.jpg

To clarify the dates: The first-day school pic I guessed was 8/25, and 11 weeks later, she was murdered.

I wish you could send this to her father

picture.php

lbminnesota's photo of Wall St house. So lb are you saying this is where BL was dropping off Shaniya before Creepy #ellhole?

:parrot:

I've been lurking for quite some time now...I can't catch up on all of the posts....but I really think MAM did not kill her, but gave her to a perp to do his nasty deed and when Shaniya wouldn't cooperate (or it was difficult), he smothered her. He then had MAM dispose of her body.

I believe the mother sold her little daughter to pay for something, but I'm a former addict myself and I have a daughter....no fn way would I "pimp" her out...no matter how bad the withdrawals...I would rather pimp out myself (not that I ever did - I am three years clean)...a drug addict does NOT make you do these things. She may have been a source of income but I don't think they wanted her dead...I really feel there was someone else involved...

does anyone else feel this same way?? like I said, there are way to many posts to try to catch up on and I value my websleuths friend opinions - you guys are great!

thanks for listening...
marlou

If you haven't seen the Nancy Grace interview with Brad and his son, it's on NG's website. Highly recommend watching or watching again.

Title of Clip: Shaniya's Dad Surprises Nancy, Sends Message!

[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/11/18/ng.brother.speaks.cnn[/ame]

About the video about BL wrapping his arms around his eldest son (posted directly before this post)...that is NOT a comforting pose but almost a threatening gesture...I had my BF replicate it and it was HIGHLY uncomfortable. What do you guys think?

I too have played the blame game...I think at first it was needed to point out the inconsistencies and the odd information that we have heard. I believe, everyone has the same sense that a lot of opportunities were missed that could have prevented this little girls death.
This sad and tragic case has everyone involved upset and hurting in our own way.
I grieve that SD will never get to grow up..but what kind of a life, would she have had if she had lived through this experience?? I can only hope her death, helps all of the other children associated with her and all across our country.
"We" are the answer.."we" must be our brothers keeper, we must be the watchdogs that notice and make aware other children living in fear and abuse.
Passing laws, signing amendments, all are great..but this abuse and neglect will not stop unless "we" open our eyes and mouths and get agencies involved.
I need help organizing a 10 Million People March against THE WAR ON WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN THE USA!!!!
"We" are the answer...if you need to know the question, then, you, are part of the problem.(brainwashed)

I've been lurking for quite some time now...I can't catch up on all of the posts....but I really think MAM did not kill her, but gave her to a perp to do his nasty deed and when Shaniya wouldn't cooperate (or it was difficult), he smothered her. He then had MAM dispose of her body.

I believe the mother sold her little daughter to pay for something, but I'm a former addict myself and I have a daughter....no fn way would I "pimp" her out...no matter how bad the withdrawals...I would rather pimp out myself (not that I ever did - I am three years clean)...a drug addict does NOT make you do these things. She may have been a source of income but I don't think they wanted her dead...I really feel there was someone else involved...

does anyone else feel this same way?? like I said, there are way to many posts to try to catch up on and I value my websleuths friend opinions - you guys are great!

The only problem is that LE states Shaniya was alive when they left the hotel. And presumably had MAM's dna to charge him w raping Shaniya. But LE has emphasized it's an "ongoing investigation." And I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out where MAM took Shaniya between the elevator photo we no longer believe is of them arriving (for which a timestamp supposedly indicates just prior to 7pm), and when they were reported to have actually been seen exiting the lobby about 7:30. :waitasec:

I also think a person's capacity to sink or stoop to the lowest level while doing drugs is clearly also correlated to the kind of modeling they had earlier in life. Kinda goes w/out saying this would account for why some addicts, effectively born and raised into a generational cycle of neglect, abuse, crime etc will never fare as well as those who have a better beginning, raised w a better foundation or decent values etc and maybe stray off the path but might be better functioning anyway.

:parrot:[/quote]

Yes; She probably spent more time collectively here than at Sleepy Hollow as she wasn't in school.

Davis had been living at a house on Wall Street, according to Cromartie, and then lived in different motels until moving in her with her sister, BD, at the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park.

Antoinette Davis had worked to get her life together and had been working for at least six months and gotten a place of her own, Bradley Lockhart said.

Antoinette Davis had lived at a house (on Wall Street) which was raided in July by police for drugs, though no one was arrested. A family friend Tim Allen said "after Shaniya went to her mother’s house, he noticed marks on her arms. "Boyfriends and his friends would put the cigarettes out on the baby's arms."
Wall Street - Home of AD 1/2009 - 8/2009

thanks for listening...
marlou

Marlou, if you click on my name (QuietStorm) you'll find an option to read my posts. I feel the same as you and discuss points that you've brought up.

Congratulations on your recovery. You have much to be proud of.

Yes; I added following to original thumbmail

Wall Street - Home of AD 1/2009 - 8/2009

I did see that, sorry... I actually do wade thru all these threads I'm just so tired and blurry-eyed right now I didn't put it together that TA's friend was referring to this house (I need to sign off soon and get some shuteye!) Anyway yes that is disturbing to put it mildly!! :mad: And as I've suspected and is shown in photos of Shaniya over the course of the last year of her life, it was a downward spiral... a tragedy in motion. At first we were led to believe her recent visit (to SH) was just a one-time occurence. I am sickened to think visits to AD's were going on here before that, and were the beginning of the end. Was Ty the only one who really had an interest in Shaniya, or why did her life take such a tailspin during that last year. Heartwrenching to see such a dramatic decline. I'm going to say goodnight now. Hopefully the families will conduct themselves w respect at tomorrow's service, and may one day even do some honest inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member