ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys it's me mama. I posted earlier about getting a personal alarm so I've done some major searching on the internet and phoning local stores to see what is available and get all the prices. Size was important so was looking for something that you could put on your keychain which you usually have when you out....in your car......or of course you could also use when walking.

The prices for what I was looking for ranged from $14.00 to $59.00. THe one's that I just ordered were $16.95 with free Priority Mailing and no State Tax for me in CA. They are in Kentucky. I bought six and they should be here next week. I can't think of a better Christmas present for us girls in the family. The gentleman I spoke to let me hear the alarm. Very LOUD!
Take ordinary batteries too.

Here's the description and web site for for the personal alarms I got.

http://www.yoursecurity.us/palarm.htm

KeyChain Personal Alarm
KA1

Flashes with 125db Alarm
Remote Reset Switch, Keeps Attacker from Resetting
Made for Your KeyChain
Can be used as a Flashlight
Best 2 Deterrents in 1
Price is $16.99 Delivered via Priority Mail
--------

xxxxxoooo
mama

:santa: :santa: :snowflake :snowflake :christmas :christmas :santahat: :santahat: :snowflake :snowflake

Originally posted by Love_Mama
Hi guys it's me mama. I posted earlier about getting a personal alarm so I've done some major searching on the internet and phoning local stores to see what is available and get all the prices. Size was important so was looking for something that you could put on your keychain which you usually have when you out....in your car......or of course you could also use when walking.

The prices for what I was looking for ranged from $14.00 to $59.00. THe one's that I just ordered were $16.95 with free Priority Mailing and no State Tax for me in CA. They are in Kentucky. I bought six and they should be here next week. I can't think of a better Christmas present for us girls in the family. The gentleman I spoke to let me hear the alarm. Very LOUD!
Take ordinary batteries too.

Here's the description and web site for for the personal alarms I got.

KeyChain Personal Alarm
KA1

Flashes with 125db Alarm
Remote Reset Switch, Keeps Attacker from Resetting
Made for Your KeyChain
Can be used as a Flashlight
Best 2 Deterrents in 1
Price is $16.99 Delivered via Priority Mail
--------

xxxxxoooo
mama

Thanks so much MaMa...I just pulled up the website...will order for the girls in my family, just like you did!
Thanks so much for the posting

:santa: :santa: :snowflake :snowflake :christmas :christmas :santahat: :santahat: :snowflake :snowflake
:bigthumb:

The search for Dru Sjodin has officially ended.
Nothing has been found but the shoe.
No use to exposing searchers to further ordeals and risks.

They also have those keychain alarms at Radio Shack for $9.99. They are sold out online but they say you can get them at your local store. We have them here at our Radio Shack.

Simple and effective personal protection! Carry this personal alarm with you at all times to deter attackers!

Features:
• Easy-to-use—just pull the keyring from the egg to activate the piercing 140db alarm
• Smooth design fits comfortably in your hand
• Cool blue transparent case
• Includes battery

Here is the link:

Personal Keychain Alarm

Originally posted by Toth
The search for Dru Sjodin has officially ended.
Nothing has been found but the shoe.
No use to exposing searchers to further ordeals and risks.

Toth--
You heard this on CNN or Fox? That is very sad news. I can't imagine how cold it is there...I have no doubt she is deceased. Apparently, he did a real good job of hiding the body. :boohoo:
Misty

The Official search in North Dakota ended a bit earlier than scheduled. The river is frozen solid, the snow is deep, the temperature is very cold, daylight is short, the risks are high and there is hope only in the hearts of the family, no one else. I know the sheriff made comments about her being dead that the family did not like to hear, but one must remember, he is not there to be popular or say encouraging platitudes.
Although officially the search in Minnesota will conclude at noon Sunday, the only activities scheduled appear to be equipment retrieval, and other administrative activities.

Sad news. It's like a confirmation that she's gone forever, in a way. I have a feeling, though, that there will still be some 'unofficial' searches going on by some people who won't give up.

Oh I'm sure, but remember: experienced personnel in rugged military vehicles wearing sub-zero survival suits are standing down. So as it gets darker and colder, what are poorly dressed and ill-equipped volunteers going to do when their vehicles can't even traverse the ruggd terrain?

I would imagine she was dead within one hour and disposed of within two hours. He has no friends so where could he take her?
If she were still alive, it would be to his advantage to talk to the cops when he was arrested. He went 24 years without sex, or atleast without sex with a woman. He didn't engage in any foreplay and he didn't engage in any cuddling afterwards. He did what he wanted and then he disposed of the evidence.

True, but a little hope by the ones not dressed for the weather, is better than no hope, IMO. Also, I imagine the LE will always have their eyes on the lookout, too. Maybe I'm just wishful thinking?

Originally posted by Love_Mama
<snip>

--------

xxxxxoooo
mama

Oh Love Mama, I went to the site last night and ordered some for my family too. Thanks!

The light is on for you, Dru.

Originally posted by alpharee
They also have those keychain alarms at Radio Shack for $9.99. They are sold out online but they say you can get them at your local store. We have them here at our Radio Shack.

Simple and effective personal protection! Carry this personal alarm with you at all times to deter attackers!

Features:
• Easy-to-use—just pull the keyring from the egg to activate the piercing 140db alarm
• Smooth design fits comfortably in your hand
• Cool blue transparent case
• Includes battery

Here is the link:

Personal Keychain Alarm

Alpharee.....I saw those too...however the one's that I got have a hidden disarming switch..meaning unless you knew how to disarm it....no one else could turn it off. And....the light also flashes when it's triggered.

xxxxxooo
mama

Originally posted by Toth
I would imagine she was dead within one hour and disposed of within two hours. He has no friends so where could he take her? If she were still alive, it would be to his advantage to talk to the cops when he was arrested. He went 24 years without sex, or atleast without sex with a woman. He didn't engage in any foreplay and he didn't engage in any cuddling afterwards. He did what he wanted and then he disposed of the evidence.

Toth--
I totally agree with you, but where the hell is the body? He couldn't be that smart to have been able to hide it so well. Lucky for him that it's so cold/frozen there...that obviously aided in hiding/disposing of the body. The body will never be found.
Misty

It may be found in Canada since the Red River flows north or it may be found in the Spring. The river is frozen in the area where the shoe was found. Searching in the cold, dark and dangerous conditions is futile and foolish.

oh ok Mama, I'm going to order 8 of them for all the females in my family and one for my 12 year old nephew. There's a park right down the road from my sisters house and they walk to it all the time. Although they live in a small town, I'm always getting on to my sister for letting them walk there. (They are 10 and 12)
She says I'm just paranoid and maybe I am but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I thought I was done with Christmas! But now they will have another gift that hopefully never has to be used.
Thanks again for the idea Mama, I hadn't even thought of it!

Originally posted by alpharee
oh ok Mama, I'm going to order 8 of them for all the females in my family and one for my 12 year old nephew. There's a park right down the road from my sisters house and they walk to it all the time. Although they live in a small town, I'm always getting on to my sister for letting them walk there. (They are 10 and 12)
She says I'm just paranoid and maybe I am but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I thought I was done with Christmas! But now they will have another gift that hopefully never has to be used.
Thanks again for the idea Mama, I hadn't even thought of it!

Great alpharee......I agree with you and not your sister. The whole world has changed. My 11 yr.old grandson has a cell phone....maybe I'll pick up one of these for him too. I mean.......I live in the nicest part of San Diego, La Jolla.
THAT means' nothing! Like you said......better safe than sorry.

Do you and your sister live in the same town? Are you able to view photo's of sex offenders and get their names?

Here in California......we just go to the Police Station and get on their special computer.

Also...we have a web site where you can log in .....in San Diego and put in your address and they will show you within 3 blocks where there is a registered sex offender. Very handy! One of them lives right near my youngest son here is La Jolla but we happen to know that the guy who lives there is very rich and very gay.....and also own's our newspaper! Interesting...huh. ? He probably got caught one time! OMG.......I should write a gossip column. LOL

xxxxxooooooo
mama

FYI,

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20031214_1221.html

Iowa tries to protect kids from predators and the iclu is challenging that? Unbelieveable!

I thought I'd post this here since there are surely some here who's opinions are that protective laws should be strengthened in this country, in light of what has happened to Dru Sjodin. This needs the attention of people with that opinion... so they can act on it if they feel inclined.

Don't mean to rant... but it's important that people know who is supporting sexual predators.

No I live in Ohio, my sister lives in Arkansas. (I moved to Ohio last year, all my family live in Arkansas)
I'm sure we have something about sex offenders, I remember looking it up once or twice before. I worked at the Police Dept in Arkansas for a few years and my "ex" (son's father) still works there and has been there for over 15 years, so I can pretty much find out what I need :D

No where is safe anymore, even the "nice" parts of town. It's a scary world.

Originally posted by Jack
FYI,

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20031214_1221.html

Iowa tries to protect kids from predators and the iclu is challenging that? Unbelieveable!

I thought I'd post this here since there are surely some here who's opinions are that protective laws should be strengthened in this country, in light of what has happened to Dru Sjodin. This needs the attention of people with that opinion... so they can act on it if they feel inclined.

Don't mean to rant... but it's important that people know who is supporting sexual predators.

Jack...thanks for posting the article....I just e'ed it off to some friends.

Well, Jack, they want their right's don't ya know.

Wonder if Dru would have liked some rights on 11/22/03

Yep Starpatch, I'm positive Dru would have liked to have had her rights respected on 11/22/03. As would all other persons who have been assaulted, kidnapped, raped, murdered, and dumped like trash by those who only care about their own sick desires. I wonder why the civil liberties union doesn't start sueing those who let predators out of prison. Dru certainly has had her right to life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness taken away!

Hi Yak,

Have you heard any more locally about anything? Anything about the two light colored hairs or blood in the garage?

Do you think he brought her there before he got rid of her body, or did he just undress in the garage and his clothes were bloody wnd had her hair on them?

:snowflake Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member