ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack....sometime's the CLU is okay......other times they're just completly nuts and in this case.....they're out of their minds!!!
%#@#^*(&%@!#@$^&$%

xxxxxooo
mama

The thing is Love_Mama is that this isn't anywhere near the first time or the most outrageous lawsuit the CLU has made in favor of the rights of offenders. I tend to be very CLU negative because of the this. Wish it wasn't so. If they'd stand up and protect the rights of the average citizen against criminals who have made choices that makes them suseptable to losing their rights I'd be a supporter.

Originally posted by scandi
Hi Yak,

Have you heard any more locally about anything? Anything about the two light colored hairs or blood in the garage?

Do you think he brought her there before he got rid of her body, or did he just undress in the garage and his clothes were bloody wnd had her hair on them?
:snowflake Scandi

Nothing new here. Toth has been doing a good job of keeping you up-to-date on the status of the search.

I really doubt that he took her to his garage. The hairs were probably in his car or on his clothes and got transfered to the garage floor.

Originally posted by Jack
The thing is Love_Mama is that this isn't anywhere near the first time or the most outrageous lawsuit the CLU has made in favor of the rights of offenders. I tend to be very CLU negative because of the this. Wish it wasn't so. If they'd stand up and protect the rights of the average citizen against criminals who have made choices that makes them suseptable to losing their rights I'd be a supporter.

Jack...I'm old, it's not ever the 100th time. I'm getting very bored with them.
Actually, I don't think I don't have any respect for them at all.

xxxxxxxo
mama

Thanks Yak!

And yes, Toth is great too.:bigthumb:

:snowflake Scandi

Ok, you guys are going to think I'm nuts, but take one more look at the window in which we think Dru was scratching on in AR's car. When I look almost in the center of those scratches I can see what appears to be Dru's eyes, it's eerie, please look before you say i'm crazy.

The longer this goes without finding her, the more difficult it is to keep the faith. There isn't any perfect crime they say, so perhaps time will help nail the nasty who did something to her. If she's alive, I pray she keeps strong. :-(

Officials End Searches for Missing Student
Mon Dec 15, 8:12 AM ET Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

GRAND FORKS, N.D. - National Guardsmen were sent home after what authorities called their final large-scale searches failed to turn up any sign of missing college student Dru Sjodin over the weekend.

Yahoo News - Associated Press

Originally posted by Angie
Ok, you guys are going to think I'm nuts, but take one more look at the window in which we think Dru was scratching on in AR's car. When I look almost in the center of those scratches I can see what appears to be Dru's eyes, it's eerie, please look before you say i'm crazy.

Angie, you have the link? TIA

you can find it under finddru.com, click on news and you will see pictures of his car, click on the one that shows the right side view with the scratches on the rear window, freaked me out. I've been back there a few times again today just to make sure I wasnt loosing it, but I swear it's eerie.
finddru.com

I know this board is reserved for Dru, but I just want to comment on Iowa/CLU.

Right now there is a former Iowa college wrestler who received 10 years for sexual contact. It seems he was at a party and got high/drunk. There was no penetration, only touching. There is no excuse for his behavior. But, he was found guilty, and the judge's hands were tied because Iowa law says 10 years. It was a first offense. When he comes out, he will need to register as a sex offender.

Should he be considered a sexual predator like Rodriguez? It seems like Iowa has gone overboard with some things. For example, should a sexual predator never, ever be allowed to visit his parent's home? What if his parents are disabled?

Texas has a law prohibiting sex offenders inside a school. Why would a sex offender go into a school? Has this ever happened?

Some laws make sense, but others are to be questioned.

Originally posted by Trino

Texas has a law prohibiting sex offenders inside a school. Why would a sex offender go into a school? Has this ever happened?

Some laws make sense, but others are to be questioned.

I can probably help you with this one, not all sex offenders register--and even if registered, not all places of employement check it out.

I think they would be trying to inhibit them from getting a job at a school, something like that

Registration often leads to community notification which makes landlords nervous and employers nervous thus frustrating any attempts at a normal life. Many offenders avoid the 'registration' by entering 'homeless' on the form which ofcourse makes notification impossible.

It is true that many fairly minor things, such as that guy who got drunk at a party, are over-prosecuted and treated just as harshly as someone who is clearly a pervert and a threat. Also alot of judges and juries tend to accept an accusation by a vindictive, divorcing spouse as "evidence" and many convictions are clearly based on an absurd lack of evidence of guilt. Yet these unfortunate defendants are also stigmatized.

It makes a mockery of the procedures that are designed to protect against those who are really sick and dangerous

Even if there had been widespread notification, it would have been meaningless: it seems it was all over for Dru Sjodin and her body was disposed of within two hours and he then drove home and cleaned his car. No amount of supervision or tracking devices would really have changed what happened, it just might have made his apprehension more swift.
One man was given a cell phone by the probation authorities and an ankle bracelet with GPS capabilities. He used the cell phone to arrange a bank robbery. The call to the bank was made on his cell phone and the GPS proved he was just across from the bank when he made it. Surveillance measures did not prevent him from committing the crime, they just made it easier to convict him of it.

I just can't seem to get this abduction off my mind. I keep going over possible scenarios.
It just boggles my mind that this man abducted Dru in almost broad daylight,left all kinds of clues behind,Knife, blood,shoe
he was soooooooo sloppy and careless. and yet they can't find her!! If he was so careless in the kidnapping why wasn't he just as careless in disposing of her?
Something just doesn't pan out here. I believe he wanted to get caught and charged with kidnapping but he doesn't want a murder charge, he would rather live out his life in prison, which is all he knows.
Is there someone else involved that he passed Dru off to?
Maybe there was a plan for him to kidnap her for someone else.
God only knows what kind of people he was locked up with.
Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Originally posted by medelilah
I just can't seem to get this abduction off my mind. I keep going over possible scenarios.
It just boggles my mind that this man abducted Dru in almost broad daylight,left all kinds of clues behind,Knife, blood,shoe
he was soooooooo sloppy and careless. and yet they can't find her!! If he was so careless in the kidnapping why wasn't he just as careless in disposing of her?
Something just doesn't pan out here. I believe he wanted to get caught and charged with kidnapping but he doesn't want a murder charge, he would rather live out his life in prison, which is all he knows.
Is there someone else involved that he passed Dru off to?
Maybe there was a plan for him to kidnap her for someone else.
God only knows what kind of people he was locked up with.
Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

Hi, Med...I am feeling the same as you...how did he ..or what did he do with Dru....thousands of folks have been trying to hunt her down..to no avail...we all know that Ar is lite in the loafers...but, still...it is driving me nutz as well.

There that dirty thing sits, all snug as a bug,,,and, not talking....scheeeshes.........And thousands out there looking for weeks...makes me very angry
.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by ajt400
I can probably help you with this one, not all sex offenders register--and even if registered, not all places of employement check it out.

I think they would be trying to inhibit them from getting a job at a school, something like that

Also-- A sex offender could be the parent of a student with legitimate cause to be on a campus. Conferences should be held at the administration office. They should not be volunteers. They should not even deliver homework to the child at school. All this can be done from the administarion office if the parent is a KNOWN sex offender. Otherwise all the children are at risk.
Many schools allow children to go to the bathrooms by themselves, or travel to other classrooms, library etc, without supervision. A sex offender parent enroute to deliver a forgotten sandwich could jepardize the safety of all the children. They MUST be identiufied.

I teach high school, and because of vouchers, students come from all over the city. When I heard about Dru, I got online and showed pictures of sex offenders to my home room students, using their zip codes. In one zip code where a female student lived there were 9 level 3 sex offenders living there - most in some sort of group house. She said her parents were always getting notices, but she found it pretty meaningless to look at pictures, since they mostly look like okay guys. She said she probably wouldn't recognize them if she saw them. So, what does notification do if it's several months before a repeat offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member