neighbor says he passed a LDT (husband of SB)

I saw that. IIRC, it was the show on HLN that airs just before JVM. Vinny Politan's show. Sorry can't think of the name of it and I believe Mike Brooks was sitting in for Vinny. HTH :)

I have searched and searched this morning to find the interview last night where Mark Klaas was being interviewed about Lisa and her being missing for 6 months. Gil Abeyta was one of the people who did a call-in interview and whoever the moderator was, just let him go on and on. I don't remember what show it was on, I was thinking perhaps JVM, but I'm sure someone here saw it and knows what I'm talking about. I have to admit that I was absolutely shocked that Abeyta is still running on the assumption that James Brando is the abductor. He outlined how Brando had military training to teach him how to do these type of missions, etc. I was just flabbergasted to hear this theory again!

I know that Gil has had his own experience, but this experience sure seems to have jaded him in this case. And, I was even more surprised that whoever the moderator was, they just let him keep going about this bizarre theory. I felt bad for him, actually.

If anyone knows how to find this video, I would love to see it again and be very appreciative because I think I was in so much shock that I didn't catch it all!

I saw that also, and I was surprised because I had thought we moved past James Brando, I guess Gil just can't, but I can understand his position. I feel bad for him also. I think Mike Brooks was on with him. Good luck finding it.

Has GA elaborated on what he thinks the neighbor did with Lisa after abducting her?

in this article he outlines 5 possible reasons someone would kidnap a baby

1) love
2) ransom
3) sale
4) accident
5) revenge

he says statistics rule out 1, 2, 3 which leaves only 4 and 5

if he thinks JB took her that rules out 4 so that leaves 5 which coincidentally is the same reason he believes his baby was taken

how or why JB would be involved in a revenge scenario in his mind or what he thinks JB did with her, IDK.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...lisa-still-missing-why-would-someone-take-her

1) love
2) ransom
3) sale
4) accident
5) revenge

if he thinks JB took her that rules out 4 so that leaves 5 which coincidentally is the same reason he believes his baby was taken

how or why JB would be involved in a revenge scenario in his mind or what he thinks JB did with her, IDK.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...lisa-still-missing-why-would-someone-take-her

BBM

Perhaps Gil feels this way because JB and SB were separating that evening and it was stated that SB was seeing DB's cousin. In a twisted mind (which I'm not saying JB has/had) perhaps revenge for this would be a good enough reason. Also, JB had extensive military training.

So, let's suppose JB did take BL. He had the means, opportunity, and motive.

That is why I believe he could not have done this. I believe the police checked out everything he said and did, and more then once.

He forgets 6) covering up child's not-so-accidental death.

The reason I have a hard time thinking that this was any kind of well-planned precise military operation is that I would not expect such an abductor to let himself be seen with the baby without any kind of disguise. Some neighbors apparently saw him without as much as a baseball cap or a hoodie to cover his features and the baby was well visible as well.

4jacy-- you are absolutely correct: from the GA thread:

Reporter Jim Spellman said a spokesman for the Kansas City Police Department confirmed that the neighbor has been cleared of any involvement in the disappearance of baby Lisa. The spokesperson said the department "has moved on from him," according to CNN."

have no idea what GA thinks JB "did" with lisa if he took her for that reason... ??? !!!

(that revenge theory? quite fantastical imo and definitely against occam's razor)

He forgets 6) covering up child's not-so-accidental death.

The reason I have a hard time thinking that this was any kind of well-planned precise military operation is that I would not expect such an abductor to let himself be seen with the baby without any kind of disguise. Some neighbors apparently saw him without as much as a baseball cap or a hoodie to cover his features and the baby was well visible as well.

His window of opportunity would be much narrower than DB's, too. SB was said to have stayed outside with someone else after DB went inside, IIRC.

I am also at a loss to understand why an effective military planner would have chosen to loiter in the neighborhood for hours after abducting the baby, fiddling with phones, instead of making a quick getaway. It was not to dispose of the baby there if he was sighted with the baby at 4 am. elsewhere.

I saw that. IIRC, it was the show on HLN that airs just before JVM. Vinny Politan's show. Sorry can't think of the name of it and I believe Mike Brooks was sitting in for Vinny. HTH :)

Okay, thanks so much. That was part of why I was confused (besides being in a general state of confusion). :) I knew it was on HLN because that's all I watch at that time but just couldn't figure it out. Appreciate the info!

Has GA elaborated on what he thinks the neighbor did with Lisa after abducting her?

No...it was a bit of an uncomfortable time because it was at the end of the segment and GA was sort of rambling and Mike Brooks didn't seem to know what to say. I felt sorry for GA because while he has gone through something no one should ever have to go through, he seems to base his theories on the past, and you just can't do that in a case like this.

1) love
2) ransom
3) sale
4) accident
5) revenge

I agree, it is the most ridiculous theories of all, in my opinion.

... I was absolutely shocked that Abeyta is still running on the assumption that James Brando is the abductor...

unlike an just sentenced example (linked below) which actually is in line with FBI statistics and profiles (along with the other example earlier this spring where a woman killed the mother/stole the baby as the mom left a dr's office) of who kidnaps very young children:

FBI: "About once a month, a woman somewhere in the U.S. steals a baby. She takes the child because she can't conceive, because she has lost a child or because she has just suffered a miscarriage or stillbirth."

"Documented cases of baby-nappers show they are nearly always women, and although they range in age from 16 to 72, they are primarily in their mid-20s or early 40s."

stephanie foster, woman, 36:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...rs-in-ind-prison/?tag=contentMain;contentBody

unlike an just sentenced example (linked below) which actually is in line with FBI statistics and profiles (along with the other example earlier this spring where a woman killed the mother/stole the baby as the mom left a dr's office) of who kidnaps very young children:

FBI: "About once a month, a woman somewhere in the U.S. steals a baby. She takes the child because she can't conceive, because she has lost a child or because she has just suffered a miscarriage or stillbirth."

"Documented cases of baby-nappers show they are nearly always women, and although they range in age from 16 to 72, they are primarily in their mid-20s or early 40s."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...rs-in-ind-prison/?tag=contentMain;contentBody
Thanks for your post. So if there's evidence of an intruder taking Lisa, statistics show that it's more likely a women than a man who did it.

That would be the best case scenario, because it would mean Lisa is still alive. And while this might be wishful thinking, I can see that happening here. If a woman in that mental state was watching DB drinking out on her front porch on a regular basis, she might have convinced herself she was doing a good thing by taking her.

So our best SODDI is that SB who miscarried while DB was pregnant with Lisa managed to take Lisa and has her stashed somewhere? Honestly it's my favorite theory since that means Lisa is alive, I'd just like some evidence. How would Lisa be kept concealed all the time? Does SB still live next door to DB/JI?

I mean honestly SB could have had it arranged ahead of time, and said "I'm gonna pee and check on the kids" and handed Lisa out the back door.

So our best SODDI is that SB who miscarried while DB was pregnant with Lisa managed to take Lisa and has her stashed somewhere? Honestly it's my favorite theory since that means Lisa is alive, I'd just like some evidence. How would Lisa be kept concealed all the time? Does SB still live next door to DB/JI?

I mean honestly SB could have had it arranged ahead of time, and said "I'm gonna pee and check on the kids" and handed Lisa out the back door.

I wasn't talking about SB, I meant some as yet unknown woman who was watching the house.

I wasn't talking about SB, I meant some as yet unknown woman who was watching the house.

The problem I have with a stranger abduction is the lack of evidence. While we do not know everything the police know, if there had been evidence of a stranger abduction surely the police would be asking for the public's help in locating Lisa. If SB took or had Lisa taken, then her DNA would already be in the house and it wouldn't raise a red flag.

Not that I'm sold on that theory since we have a cadaver hit, no Lisa sightings, and from what we know SB and DB are still friends. I'd think that'd be a hard thing to keep from a friend.

The problem I have with a stranger abduction is the lack of evidence. While we do not know everything the police know, if there had been evidence of a stranger abduction surely the police would be asking for the public's help in locating Lisa. If SB took or had Lisa taken, then her DNA would already be in the house and it wouldn't raise a red flag.

Not that I'm sold on that theory since we have a cadaver hit, no Lisa sightings, and from what we know SB and DB are still friends. I'd think that'd be a hard thing to keep from a friend.

Yes, I see what you mean. But at the same time, what evidence was there in the Crowe house of Richard Tuitte's presence? What evidence was in Riley Fox's house of Ely whatsisname's presence?

None, in both cases. They had to find the child and/or the perpetrator before they found evidence connecting them to the crime. So there wouldn't necessarily be evidence inside the home itself of any intruder.

lol-- if a woman took lisa irwin, why were all the "sightings" about a man with a baby? :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502
Back