Netherlands Netherlands - Teteringen, BlkFem 315UFNET, 15-20, 'Meisje van Teteringen', prob. Morrocan, Dec'90

where’d you find these pics?
The Belgian Federal police has got a movie on their page and I made print screens of all the relevant info: Onbekend meisje
The black lace does not look like a blanket but more like a shoulder scarf or triangular headscarf.

Her all hot pink clothing is also really striking and remarkable. She was a very brave dresser!

I couldn't find the right word, but yes I also believe it is a scarf. I first believed it was a handkerchief, but based on the measurements it must be a scarf. It has got a very typical design (unfortunately no better quality picture is available) and it could give a good lead. Only thing I could find was scarfs that are used by Catholics (eg in Spain). Do you have clue?

I agree, it looks like what women wear when they go see the Pope...but i guess that is not the correct interpretation if the meisje was North African. It is probably just fashion, no religious significance. It does not conform to Islamic modesty rules, as far as I know (i am an observant jew but we have similar rules sometimes), it is not a hijab. Really, just a fashionable lace scarf for shoulders or head.

The Belgian Federal police has got a movie on their page and I made print screens of all the relevant info: Onbekend meisje

I couldn't find the right word, but yes I also believe it is a scarf. I first believed it was a handkerchief, but based on the measurements it must be a scarf. It has got a very typical design (unfortunately no better quality picture is available) and it could give a good lead. Only thing I could find was scarfs that are used by Catholics (eg in Spain). Do you have clue?

I agree, it looks like what women wear when they go see the Pope...but i guess that is not the correct interpretation if the meisje was North African. It is probably just fashion, no religious significance. It does not conform to Islamic modesty rules, as far as I know (i am an observant jew but we have similar rules sometimes), it is not a hijab. Really, just a fashionable lace scarf for shoulders or head.
I can find no motivation at all why the police thinks the girl is North-African/Moroccan. There has not been any isotope testing done or at least not made public. I believe it is only based on the finding of the Belgium car with the Moroccan men. This year the two journalist have talked to this families and they believe they don't have any thing to do with the case. So if we keep an open mind, I think the scarf could lead to a country or religion and of course this still could be Morocco. But I haven't found any info or pictures of woman wearing this apart from Catholics. It is also guessed it could have been used within voodoo because a red ribbon was tied to it.

I can find no motivation at all why the police thinks the girl is North-African/Moroccan. There has not been any isotope testing done or at least not made public. I believe it is only based on the finding of the Belgium car with the Moroccan men. This year the two journalist have talked to this families and they believe they don't have any thing to do with the case. So if we keep an open mind, I think the scarf could lead to a country or religion and of course this still could be Morocco. But I haven't found any info or pictures of woman wearing this apart from Catholics. It is also guessed it could have been used within voodoo because a red ribbon was tied to it.
By the way, I don't believe any of those scarves were in fashion for girls her age in the 90's.

I just read your reply and I don't understand what you mean with WS ToS. Can you explain, so I know for the next time.
Hi, a Dutchie here, who learned the hard way;)
Here you can find TOS:
Terms of Service (TOS)
Believe me, you don't want to get your post deleted or snipped.
It also a protection for family of the victims and WS members.

Hi, a Dutchie here, who learned the hard way;)
Here you can find TOS:
Terms of Service (TOS)
Believe me, you don't want to get your post deleted or snipped.
It also a protection for family of the victims and WS members.
Please note there are rules tied to each subforum, and even to specific cases, like the ToS link posted by worldwatcher (although they are quite general).

Link to the WS ToS (general rules, applies for all of WS):
The Rules

The WS ToS for The Unidentified subforum are the pinned posts you find on page one in this subforum.

In december i found, via google (searching with picture of our Jane Doe) a picture of a girl who looks incredably like her. It was a website i didn't inspect, it was about childabuse. It was a decent picture with a name attached to it. What was really bizarre, was that there was also a picture there that really looked like the Jane doe in Germany (Main river) with a name attached to it.
I learned the hard way that i can't post this here (since i've got no proof) and i get that!
Since they looked so much alike i submitted it to the police.

This week i got an answer from them to thank me for my tip + they told me they were already aware of these pictures.
I hope this means there's a possibility they're on to something and these girls get their name back + the families get some peace & closure.

@Bit of hope Agreed! DNA would at least tell us if she really is of North African descent. They should also send the blankets, scarf, etc. to a lab for further testing. I wonder if back then they thought of using a rape kit?
Technology has progressed since the early 90s! It's time to do something.

Hey guys, just bumping this thread. I visited her grave just now, I feel for this girl and I really want her to get identified. I also realized I forgot to post the interesting parts of the book, I’ll do that in a couple hours.

Okay, so the author of the book is convinced that this was an honor killing. He argues that the killers were angry, hence the abuse she suffered, and thinks that the entire family was in on this. That’s why no one has come forward or filed a missing persons report. This is all speculation from his part. He also speculates that perhaps the family did file a missing persons report, but it hasn’t been linked to this case. He seems a bit contradicting in his ideas, IMO.
Just like us, he has a lot of questions. Who were the people that got arrested in this case? Three people were spotted at the spot the body was found, a blond young man, and an older man and woman, both small and chubby, with a darker complexion. Who were they?
And of course, the information that the police is withholding.
The killer(s) most likely dumped the girl from a car. The place she was dumped wasn’t well-known back then, so the killer(s) were most likely familiar with the area.
The author apparently emailed the detectives that were working on the case and asked them about DNA testing on the stuff she was found with. The police didn’t answer any of the questions because “it could be harmful to the case”. He’s frustrated about that, because the case is so old and almost forgotten. I have to agree with him on that. I’d hope they’d release some more information after more than 30 years.
All in all, there’s a lot of speculation in the book, but no new facts. The police isn’t doing anything, refused to cooperate, and that’s it. Disappointing, IMO. I hope our girl will get her name back one day.

Okay, so the author of the book is convinced that this was an honor killing. He argues that the killers were angry, hence the abuse she suffered, and thinks that the entire family was in on this. That’s why no one has come forward or filed a missing persons report. This is all speculation from his part. He also speculates that perhaps the family did file a missing persons report, but it hasn’t been linked to this case. He seems a bit contradicting in his ideas, IMO.
Just like us, he has a lot of questions. Who were the people that got arrested in this case? Three people were spotted at the spot the body was found, a blond young man, and an older man and woman, both small and chubby, with a darker complexion. Who were they?
And of course, the information that the police is withholding.
The killer(s) most likely dumped the girl from a car. The place she was dumped wasn’t well-known back then, so the killer(s) were most likely familiar with the area.
The author apparently emailed the detectives that were working on the case and asked them about DNA testing on the stuff she was found with. The police didn’t answer any of the questions because “it could be harmful to the case”. He’s frustrated about that, because the case is so old and almost forgotten. I have to agree with him on that. I’d hope they’d release some more information after more than 30 years.
All in all, there’s a lot of speculation in the book, but no new facts. The police isn’t doing anything, refused to cooperate, and that’s it. Disappointing, IMO. I hope our girl will get her name back one day.
Thank you!

315UFNET- Unidentified Female​

315UFNET.jpg
315UFNET1.jpg
315UFNET2.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by Ann Morland

Date of Discovery: December 25, 1990
Location of Discovery: Teteringen, Netherlands
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Recognizable
Cause of Death: Bound and held captive until she starved

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 15 - 20 years old
Race: North African, probably Moroccan
Sex: Female
Height: 161 cm
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim was probably from Marocco. She was probably living in Antwerp, Belgium. New elements have enabled to determine there was a connection between this girl and a Morrocan family residing in the North of Anvers, Belgium. This girl was bound and held captive until she starved. Her body was then thrown on Christmas day in the city of Teteringen, Netherlands.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Politie Nederland Opsporingen
Agency Phone Number: 0800-6070 Free Number
Agency E-Mail: info@lbvp.info
Agency Case Number: 02200070

Information Source(s)​

**Warning! Post-mortem photo contained in link below!

Politie Nederland

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
combszola