New developments in unsolved Jennings murders

picture.php

Don't know if this will help....did me....I thought Shreveport was on the coastline!

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881118039

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20081124/NEWS01/81124010

Deputies say the body could be that of a man wanted for kidnapping, rape and attempted murder. The body was found off Louisiana Highway 96.
Maj. Ginny Higgins, public information officer, said investigators believe dead man is 29-year-old Jules David Mallery, a suspect in the four crimes.

Does anyone know about this? How far is St. Martin Parish from Jennings? Now we have a perp in a different case turning up in a ditch?:eek:

Jennings is only about 35 miles away from St. Martin Parish. I wonder if this perp didn't commit suicide? It looks like he got on I 49 north from Lafayette and did himself in since he was wanted/ID'd. I also think his St. Martinville crime was messy and not the same MO as Jennings or the Alexandria murders.

The residents should be glad he didn't get a chance to cause more damage than he already has. Sounds like he was a budding serial killer but fortunately very stupid.

This might be why there's not much movement on the investigation - This was written in 2004 I think (after reading it and doing some math), so I don't know how much things have changed. In this article, base rate of a new police officer is listed as $6.67 an hour - it would have had to be adjusted for minimum wage...but, still, who could live on that? and why should you have to as a trained police officer?

I suppose this really is not directly pertinent to the investigation, but to me it makes it easy to see why the investigation appears to be going nowhere. And, also, it really does make one wonder how the cop managed to save $9000 for that truck.

http://www.jeffdavisparish.com/joe/police_officer_raises.htm

April 2004 is the date of the entry: http://www.jeffdavisparish.com/joe

This might be why there's not much movement on the investigation - This was written in 2004 I think (after reading it and doing some math), so I don't know how much things have changed. In this article, base rate of a new police officer is listed as $6.67 an hour - it would have had to be adjusted for minimum wage...but, still, who could live on that? and why should you have to as a trained police officer?

I suppose this really is not directly pertinent to the investigation, but to me it makes it easy to see why the investigation appears to be going nowhere. And, also, it really does make one wonder how the cop managed to save $9000 for that truck.

http://www.jeffdavisparish.com/joe/police_officer_raises.htm

April 2004 is the date of the entry: http://www.jeffdavisparish.com/joe

If I recall correctly the present Chief of Police Johnny ??? is the 3rd or 4th in as many years and the pay rate was an issue for 2 of them.

That's outrageous $6.67 an hour! Yeah re $9000...must be 2 income family for sure.

That's outrageous $6.67 an hour! Yeah re $9000...must be 2 income family for sure.

Unfortunately, this is not unusual in more than a few small Louisiana towns. The parishes (Sheriff's Offices) seem to do somewhat better.

Jennings is only about 35 miles away from St. Martin Parish. I wonder if this perp didn't commit suicide? It looks like he got on I 49 north from Lafayette and did himself in since he was wanted/ID'd. I also think his St. Martinville crime was messy and not the same MO as Jennings or the Alexandria murders.

The residents should be glad he didn't get a chance to cause more damage than he already has. Sounds like he was a budding serial killer but fortunately very stupid.

Thanks CP. I am from North LA and have not traveled extensively or lived down south so my geography is lacking a little. And you are so right about this perp.

:furious: I was raised in Jennings and these events have really gotten my attention. It’s unbelievable how hard it is to find news about what has been going on there. It seems information has either been suppressed or withheld and it makes me wonder if any 1 agency has all the facts at their disposal. Understand that this is a very small town in which most of the working class have jobs out of town, offshore, or make their living from oil royalties and property. There are very few opportunities for young people. I know this has nothing to do with the subject but I wanted to give some insight about where this is happening. When you read reports about the Southside of Jennings, they are referring to a set of railroad tracks that run through town. It literally divides the white side of town and coon town. No disrespect intended but that's how it’s referred to. I have read that other agencies have gotten involved so there is a lot better chance of these murders getting solved. Believe it when you read about people saying if it would be happening on the other side of town they would be doing a lot more. This site is unbelievable and thanks to the people who made it happen because if we had to rely on the news to get information there is no telling how long this could continue.:behindbar

You can go to nola.com and put Akeem Amon Nixon into the search bar and it will take you to the following article concerning this guy.

There was a driveby shooting in Jennings, La., on Thanksgiving day. Akeem Amon NIXON, 21, shot James L. Anderson, 29, in a driveby shooting and is charged with one count of second degree murder, and two counts of attempted first degree murder. NIXON was booked into the Jefferson Davis Parish Jail.
Remember that a Brian Chad Jones and a Lawrence NIXON had been indited and charged with manslaughter in the death of Ernestine Patterson - one of the slain girls. I wonder if this Lawrence NIXON is the same person as Akeem Amon NIXON? He could have converted to Islamic belief.

We know that victim Brittney Gary and her mother, Teresa, had only been back in Jennings from having stayed in Houston and Lufkin with relatives for 4 months. The interesting thing is that Cleveland, Texas, is 45 miles north of Houston, and Lufkin is 79 miles north of Cleveland, Texas. I will explain.
Go to: theadvertiser.com and put the name Dorothy Hey into the site search there and read the three stories it will bring up. Dorothy Hey is from Lake Arthur, Louisiana, and was reported missing October 20th to Lake Arthur Police Dept. in JEFFERSON DAVIS PARISH right outside Jennings. She was found buried in a padlocked box (shallow grave) on her daughter, Betty Fulton's property. Betty Fulton's sister, Roseann Duhon Klumpp, is charged with 2nd degree murder in her mother's death. Authorities believe Dorothy Hey was killed in Louisiana and transported out of state to a storage facility in Iowa, then to Cleveland, Texas, to Betty Fulton's home. Dorothy Hey is the mother of Betty Fulton and Roseann Klumpp.
Betty Fulton and husband, Robert, have been charged with tampering with evidence, and there are related charges for Gordon Hall, 22, family friend. They further believe that Betty Fulton helped bury the body.

Now it seems all these people mentioned above have something in common. They all have ties to Jefferson Davis Parish. I would not be surprised if Akeem Amon NIXON is not actually Lawrence NIXON. When Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, we got inmates in from there all the way up here in Northeast Louisiana. Our facility helped transport them. (I do not work there any longer.) They came in wet, hungry, and tired. There was a problem booking one of them because he was arguing that he wanted to use his new Islamic name and we would not let him because he was sentenced under his original name. It was a mess. They had very little records with them. This inmate's Islamic name was listed as an alias.
This Akeem Amon Nixon guy may be someone who just got out of prison and started using his Islamic name. An unbelieveable number of inmates convert to Islam in prison. Their crimes are usually drug related also.

Sorry for the long post, but I was looking for connections between the victims. And I am glad the FBI is investigating the murders because I do think it should go to FBI rather than local authorities. I fully believe the Gary name is tied into all of it and I mean into Dorothy Hey's murder as well in that I feel they all know each other and know many of the same people. In one of the articles, Brittney Gary's mother says she was asked by the FBI to take a polygraph. I am sorry, but she KNOWS something. I would bet on it. At least she is willing to do that and may already have. (I think it would have been her second one.)

Jennings, La. is on I-10. It is well known to have heavy drug traffic. The route is from California, to the Houston area and on to New Orleans and ending up in Florida. Beaumont, Texas is a port city as well as Lake Charles, La. Lots and lots of drugs.

While I did not get us any answers to the serial killings, I do believe I added more players. I believe T. Gary (won't say her name) could solve this for the FBI if she wanted to. IMO, JMO, and MOO.

im not sure if any of you know but another girl from jennings is missing. I cant find the link yet but I saw it on local news. When i can find it I will post it up

im not sure if any of you know but another girl from jennings is missing. I cant find the link yet but I saw it on local news. When i can find it I will post it up

If you find the link, please post it for us :)

"Economic developers here promote the town to filmmakers who yearn for a shooting location that has the charm of Southern plantation-style homes with grand columns and a picturesque North Main Street that looks like it hasn’t changed since the 1940s. Murals adorn many of the well-kept buildings.

Over the railroad tracks, South Main Street is lined with shotgun houses of small stature with peeling paint, crumbling porches and plywood boards in place of windows. Residents loiter, gamble and traffic drugs in broad daylight.

“Who would think that a small town like Jennings would have such a big drug problem,” said Menard, who was hired by people close to two of the victims."
http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20081115/UPDATES01/81115014

Just curious...since the local media seems to be so hush hush, does anyone know what kind of evidence has been found with these poor womens bodies?
dna, items, etc. I read on another crime blog that a cell phone was found, but it didn't belong to the victim and that a couple of hunters spotted some guy near where the last young victim was found and he tried to "hide" when they saw him.
IMO they need to put out the type of car this guy who was hiding was driving and flush him out. Come on, a town of 10,000 and 7 girls in the same neighborhood die, that insane!
It has to be some dealer or someone they all knew.

Also, I read where a few women had there throats cut, just like the latest victim in Lafayette (though I am not convinced she is linked, she had an abusive husband)...what about the other women, any ideas on how they died? Anyone know if they were raped? If they were (as I suspect) then I would be looking at any guy in the area convicted of rape in the past.

Just curious...since the local media seems to be so hush hush, does anyone know what kind of evidence has been found with these poor womens bodies?
dna, items, etc. I read on another crime blog that a cell phone was found, but it didn't belong to the victim and that a couple of hunters spotted some guy near where the last young victim was found and he tried to "hide" when they saw him.
IMO they need to put out the type of car this guy who was hiding was driving and flush him out. Come on, a town of 10,000 and 7 girls in the same neighborhood die, that insane!
It has to be some dealer or someone they all knew.

Also, I read where a few women had there throats cut, just like the latest victim in Lafayette (though I am not convinced she is linked, she had an abusive husband)...what about the other women, any ideas on how they died? Anyone know if they were raped? If they were (as I suspect) then I would be looking at any guy in the area convicted of rape in the past.

From what I understand the famililies of the victims are not even being told anything such as cause of death or anything. They are really keeping the lid shut on this one. I watched the news on Wednesday night and it said another girl was missing since monday but I havent been able to find anything about it so I guess she was found.

Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. today on the steps of the parish courthouse.

Edwards did not elaborate on the nature of the press conference. He did say, however, that the Sheriff's Office has not arrested anyone in relation to the deaths.

"We're going to announce some things that we're looking for," he said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20081218/NEWS01/812180322

"Serial killing is not a crime. Murder is. That's what's used in court. One was too many, seven is too many. I'm going to continue working these cases individually and collectively. We're going to continue working so that if there are links, we put that puzzle together.
Bolding mine.

Am I the only one who is confused by what he could have meant with those words?

Jeff Davis Sheriff Ricky Edwards will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. today on the steps of the parish courthouse.

Edwards did not elaborate on the nature of the press conference. He did say, however, that the Sheriff's Office has not arrested anyone in relation to the deaths.

"We're going to announce some things that we're looking for," he said.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20081218/NEWS01/812180322

Thanks for the update. I am very pleased that the sheriff is asking for help from the public as this may be the only way to nail the creep.Someone may remember a detail or had an encounter that they were able to get away from and never mentioned it before. Please let us know if you hear of anything else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back