NEW New Namus public site no longer posts DNA or dental information?

By the way is there anywhere thread for help with this new forum? My few first min back in and a bit confused with what is what and where to find general things.

Do you mean WS? If so, I just started clicking on things to see what happens :)

And you can't log in if you are not registered. And you can't register if you are not from US of A. So no more rule outs to be seen for those of us from rest of the world :(.

Oh geez Al ka ....:confused: did not know they would not allow non us ... let me know what your looking for I'll will help ya

And you can't log in if you are not registered. And you can't register if you are not from US of A. So no more rule outs to be seen for those of us from rest of the world :(.
Can someone here register you or would you not be able to access the site with a foreign IP? I know you can work around that issue by using a VPN.

Okay, I admit, I rage type sometimes, then I back out of it and hit cancel.
There's no cancel button any more for replies, and if you leave the page, the comment will still post.
I reported one of my own posts because, to my surprise, it showed up when I thought I had removed it.
When I went back in to delete it under more options, delete wasn't there.
I am not liking that. at all.

Okay, I admit, I rage type sometimes, then I back out of it and hit cancel.
There's no cancel button any more for replies, and if you leave the page, the comment will still post.
I reported one of my own posts because, to my surprise, it showed up when I thought I had removed it.
When I went back in to delete it under more options, delete wasn't there.
I am not liking that. at all.
You have to delete the draft which is the bottom third button from right in the reply box. Once you hit delete draft you need to refresh the page so that it’s actually clear. I also learned the hard way.

Attachments

• 8BDC29B2-BC9D-4CEE-8A7C-EB8A3BEF31F2.jpeg
    8BDC29B2-BC9D-4CEE-8A7C-EB8A3BEF31F2.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 21
Can someone here register you or would you not be able to access the site with a foreign IP? I know you can work around that issue by using a VPN.

I tried to register in old Namus and registration failed due to not having USA address. Can't remember if it had to be address of abode in America or any USA address.

I did flag this issue to Todd (Namus boss) to have it look into in new upgraded Namus. I mean it is not just me but so many others (Canadian, Mexican etc) who would like to register, follow cases etc.

With regards to IP, I don't think that is an issue as I was and still am able to browes around Namus page as usual. Just not able to register and hence now also not seeing rule outs.

I tried to register in old Namus and registration failed due to not having USA address. Can't remember if it had to be address of abode in America or any USA address.

I did flag this issue to Todd (Namus boss) to have it look into in new upgraded Namus. I mean it is not just me but so many others (Canadian, Mexican etc) who would like to register, follow cases etc.

With regards to IP, I don't think that is an issue as I was and still am able to browes around Namus page as usual. Just not able to register and hence now also not seeing rule outs.

Can not believe they don't allow non Americans. Might have to just find a random address to use.

Taking away public identifiers is an awful choice.

Me, being from outside the USA can't register....why is this? With no identifiers listed (also wonder what the background is of this decision) and not be able to see any rule outs anymore I can't help thinking they don't want the public help anymore.

Last edited:
The Lost & The Found

The Lost and found website is no longer working since NamUs changed their website. I've sent a few emails to them but they haven't got back to me.

It still works for me. I was actually just coming to this thread to mention that the Lost and Found website still shows all the identifiers and exclusions on their site. However, that is probably info from before NAMUS changed their format (JMO). Who knows if it will update (when someone's DNA becomes "complete", for example) or if new cases entered will show that info there. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks so much Suglo.
It's unfortunate. Well, it certainly curtails my interest in submitting any possible matches, without knowing if they have any forensic identifiers available. I suppose that may be one of their goals.
It does not make sense. What is the logic behind this decision ?
LE doesnt have to do their Job now.
Which would include asking family members for DNA and dental records.

It does not make sense. What is the logic behind this decision ?
LE doesnt have to do their Job now.
Which would include asking family members for DNA and dental records.

The information is still in there. It is visible to those registered and vetted as "Professional User". It is no longer visible to those registered as "Public User" or unregistered visitors to the site.

NamUs Registration

The information is still in there. It is visible to those registered and vetted as "Professional User". It is no longer visible to those registered as "Public User" or unregistered visitors to the site.

NamUs Registration

Thank you for this info, CCJD. I wonder if those on WS who have interacted with agencies on behalf of a MP qualify as "professional"? Guess, there's one way to find out.

I wonder what precipitated this decision? I haven't searched through the Namus database in a while, but I remember combing through the unidentified. It was a great resource.

It still works for me. I was actually just coming to this thread to mention that the Lost and Found website still shows all the identifiers and exclusions on their site. However, that is probably info from before NAMUS changed their format (JMO). Who knows if it will update (when someone's DNA becomes "complete", for example) or if new cases entered will show that info there. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The site is working for me, however it hasn’t updated since Namus 2.0 came out. They might need to upgrade their system so it fits the new website.

It is a shame that those of us from outside the US can’t register on the site and see the rule out lists. I guess we’ll need to ask registered users to post updated lists here on the relevant UID/MP forums.

The lack of DNA etc info is going to cause Namus no end of issues I think. They’ll be bombarded with possible matches that would previously not have been sent in. I just can’t see the logic in that.

Todd Matthews from Namus has made a public comment on his FB page saying that they have a Namus staff meeting in June and he will raise the lack of identifier info on profiles at that meeting. Paraphrasing - he said he can see benefits in having DNA status visible.

Todd Matthews from Namus has made a public comment on his FB page saying that they have a Namus staff meeting in June and he will raise the lack of identifier info on profiles at that meeting. Paraphrasing - he said he can see benefits in having DNA status visible.

Thanks for the update.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back