New Search Warrants Issued for Huckaby Home and Church 4-14-09

Hmmm...good video. If you look carefully when she is putting those envelopes in the trunk and they are turned end to end...they are fairly thick unlike you would expect with only papers and unless I am not seeing them right...they appear to be thicker only on one side. Video/audio tapes come to mind.

Go frame by frame and see if you see the same thing I am, Neebee.

SS, yes, I do see what you mean about the envelopes. It is not paper.

Also, do we know if the last preacher house search was before Melissa was arrested? If so that would mean this is the first one they have done since interviewing her... so the home search could have been related to the interview? Like I said, I don't recall the last preacher house search date....

I think my problem tonight is I ate too many of my son's jelly beans! LOL... I feel like one of those little happy tree friends!

SS,
Very good point on the search being related to something that came out of the 45 minute family meeting! (obviously taped)

Was the last pastor's home search BEFORE this whole Melissa thing? If so, that means this is the first time they were back in the trailer since arresting her and perhaps looking for paper, pens, journals, etc or any "objects" in her room.
I moved this over here to the right thread. ;)

Hmmm...you know...I don't know when they searched the Pastor's home the last time if it was before her arrest or after. When was the last search done on the church? Was that Friday?

One envelope looks flat (the one in front on the video), one looks a slight bit thicker at the bottom and one definelty was fatter like clothes or something to bulk it up. JMO

I'm wondering if there are carpet samples, etc. inside which they will use to match fibers found in the suitcase. If she confessed where specifically the crimes occurred that would make sense...they may already have samples of the "carpet" but not samples from the specific "spot" on the carpet. Inside the envelopes could be plastic bags containing the samples, and the envelopes just conceal the contents from being visible. Or maybe curtain fabric samples or samples from something else?

Or perhaps church records with names of children or adults they plan to interview.

Just guessing here, but it does intrigue me. They've been there so many times I feel it has to do with MH talking and not an, "Oops! Forgot something...again."

You would think if she gave them any information which would require an additional search they would have done it immediately after they arrested her instead of giving the church over for Easter Sunday services. Makes no sense.

There are so few members to the church, it wouldn't take several envelopes.

Carpet or other samples I would think would have been taken when they took the bed etc. I guess it is always possible tho.

I need to read the rules of a search warrant. I have alot of reading to do...What can they ask for and not unless there's very good evidence to prove it to the judge? Sometimes I have expected an item or evidence would have been taken but hasn't. Hmmm...better start with a judge...

It all goes to probable cause. They can ask for anything in a SW...but they have to have a specific reason to take it in for testing as possible evidence.

You would think if she gave them any information which would require an additional search they would have done it immediately after they arrested her instead of giving the church over for Easter Sunday services. Makes no sense.

There are so few members to the church, it wouldn't take several envelopes.

Carpet or other samples I would think would have been taken when they took the bed etc. I guess it is always possible tho.

I would have assumed so also, and I would have assumed she stopped talking after she was arrested. However, I'm beginning to suspect she is talking again. Hopefully she's telling all in exchange for LWOP. (I'd rather see DP, but this would be easier for Sandra's family.) It's not like Tracy LE to waste any time before getting a search warrant and let the buildings be compromised. They got SWs up to this point at the drop of a hat so I can't come up with a scenario where they would wait a few days (or one where a judge would make them wait a few days). It's just out of character for them, so I'm left with the only sensible reason being they have new information. Another option is maybe someone who attended Sunday noticed something out of place and reported it.

Also, if they took all records for all the years Melissa could have attended, including before living there, I think it would take at least that many envelopes...and I think they are definitely looking at the years prior to her living with her grandparents as well.

this is just my opinion... but this woman seems to be letting us have a peek at her sociopathy just about now! Explaining away everything to try to make the story fit in a neat little box... just like the profiler said she would do!

And on the other side we have Grandma Connie saying we only have "tracy pd's side" of things (gggrrrooooaaannn... please stop the ride so I can get OFF!)

Not to mention that she is also trying to shift the blame now - it is TPD's fault because they didn't follow upo the the "suitcase" "water" note that she supposedly gave them. Yeah..... of course she was just helping LE in anyway she could...... sure, that's the ticket.......

Salem

I can't imagine the public defender would allow her to say one word to investigators right now! The PD managed to get her back into the program for medication and a mental eval and would not enter a plea today. This says they are going to set up for a possible Insanity Defense. Letting her speak would be a huge no-no.

I think people are mixing up (or perhaps I am) the leak of her saying it was an accident as coming out today and maybe it came out during the 6 hour interrogation before she was arrested. I didn't see anywhere the statement was made today...only the leak was made today.

I can't imagine the public defender would allow her to say one word to investigators right now! The PD managed to get her back into the program for medication and a mental eval and would not enter a plea today. This says they are going to set up for a possible Insanity Defense. Letting her speak would be a huge no-no.

I think people are mixing up (or perhaps I am) the leak of her saying it was an accident as coming out today and maybe it came out during the 6 hour interrogation before she was arrested. I didn't see anywhere the statement was made today...only the leak was made today.

I'm thinking this "accident" leak came from MH's family. Remember they got to sit down with her Monday night. I'm sure she told them it was an accident.

Salem

eta: the reporter said "sources close to the investigation" he didn't say LE.

Maybe so, but I am having a hard time believing she told them it was an accident with the way her dad and grandmother talked afterwards.

Since they held service at the church this Sunday, is any evidence they find any good now? I mean could it be contaminated?

Since they held service at the church this Sunday, is any evidence they find any good now? I mean could it be contaminated?
No or they would not have gone back for it. It must be something they know could not have been tampered with or otherwise compromised during the services held, imo.

I haven't heard either way when she was supposed to have talked, just that she did. I'm keeping open to all possibilities, and there could be a plea deal on the table already that involves her giving information they can substantiate through the SW. I'm not saying I'm sold on any of these ideas, just throwing them out. To be honest, I'm along with everyone else on this...no clue whatsoever! :confused:

I wondered if LE was looking for evidence of any other child molestations there?

I thought that the suitcase that they found Sandra in held scrapbooking supplies.There is no better lure for a little girl than stickers,maybe she lured her to her house and took her to the church thats where the kidnapping comes in.A whole other charge is added on because she moved the body after she was already deceasced.So maybe some of those things were over sized paper or some kind of something from the church.I am kinda glad I get off work in a couple of hours and get to go home reading these posts late at night,gives me to much time to think about what may have happened to that poor little girl I really do hope it was an accident,because it is obvious she has mental issues,that were already being addressed. What set her off ?Have
there been other victims?The truth remains to be seen.She has a low treshold
for authority and confessed early....some in her inner circle will also be named I suspect...JMO

The church was searched before she was arrested. Alos the Pators home was searchedbefore also. I recalled the interview where they said the TPD took computers and phones and other things. And that was a few days before the arrest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb
Back