New Search Warrants Issued for Huckaby Home and Church 4-14-09

Her little daughter has allergies. I don't think they could have a cat? Still it could have upset her.

I could be wrong, but understood that Melissa was the one with severe allergies. Her daugter was said to be super thin and often ill.

I could be wrong, but understood that Melissa was the one with severe allergies. Her daugter was said to be super thin and often ill.

txvicki, you are so right!

"Huckaby lives with her grandparents because she suffers from severe allergies and wanted relatives' help to be able to have more time "to take better care of her daughter, who is super-thin and gets sick a lot," Browning said. She was named "class mother" of her daughter's preschool, friends said."

Hmm, "class mother"! I bet the parents of her classmates are choking on this development.

I think we have gone a bit off topic here. What did LE take during their last search warrant? I guess it was answered if their sources are correct.:

Officers served two search warrants Tuesday -- one at the church and another at Huckaby's home in the nearby Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

Police did not say what they were looking for, but KCRA 3 confirmed through sources close to the investigation that officers were looking for evidence related to a note Huckaby said she found at her mailbox the day after Cantu disappeared. A source said the note contained the words "Cantu," "water" and "suitcase."

http://www.kcra.com/news/19185819/detail.html# (Bolded by me)

I still say it didn't look like note materials to me! (I would have to go with vhs tapes or audio tapes instead.)

Could they have been VHS tapes?
certainly could have been. Also... if we look at where Melissa was in that week leading up to the arrest (the hospital) and than she gets out and starts flapping her lips to reporters (obviously thinking she is not the center of any sort of focus) there might have been a lot of evidence lying around that she did not feel the need to "hide"...:waitasec:

I am really confused about one thing: Is Judy Lawless (wife of Brian Lawless, Melissa's father), Melissa's mother or her stepmother?
There are lots of references on the Web that have little M staying with Melissa's "father and step-mom".

I think that might be referring to Melissa's child staying with the child's father and step mom

Earlier today I saw an Animal Planet segment called "Silent Witness" or something. Criminals may want to consider whether they should have a pet. David Westerfield (Danielle Van Dam's murderer) was caught partially due to the Van Dams' dog's hairs in Westerfield's home and RV and on the blankets he took to the cleaners.

Perhaps the Tracy PD was looking for something similar (cat hair, dog hair, etc.) at the Lawless home and I'm interested to know whether this is true.

You might be able to catch it on Animal Planet, nurse. I just saw it 2-3 hours ago. Animal Planet never fails to come through when I get tired of cable talking heads!! I'll check the actual title and come back to update.

Edit: I think it's called "Animal Witness" and the title might be "Take Me Home Layla".

I think that might be referring to Melissa's child staying with the child's father and step mom

Yes Melissa's child Ma***** is staying with Ma*****'s daddy and her step-mommy.

This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Associated Press

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads. I don't blame you if you're getting as sick of seeing it as I am of posting it, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.

Already posted as a separate thread!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82956

Please stop spamming the board. It's very distracting.

I have to agree. We got the message. There is another Melissa Huckaby. Repetition is not neccessary on every thread and to continue posting on those threads.

No clue! LE said that Melissa was spending an extraordinary amount of time at the church. It makes me wonder if she was staying there off and on which could account for the rollaway being at the church.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree
Back