Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1704739026189.png

Police in Barnstead, New Hampshire, are asking for the public's help in locating a local woman who has been missing since last week.

The 31-year-old was last seen at home on Thursday. Her car was later found at the Barnstead town hall, along with her backpack and cellphone.

1704739478391.png

Ashley Turcotte, 31, was last seen at her home in Barnstead on Thursday, Jan. 4, according to the Barnstead Police Department

Investigators noted that Turcotte’s backpack and cellphone were found in her car.

“Ashley is an artist who always paints pumpkins for all of our town departments,” the department wrote in a Facebook post.

They say 31-year-old Ashley Turcotte was last seen Thursday, Jan. 4, in Barnstead, a town of about 5,000 located about 20 miles south of Lake Winnipesaukee. She is described as 5’5″ tall, with brown hair and eyes. She has scars on her arms, and was last seen wearing dark pants, a dark long-sleeved shirt and possibly a black or blue winter coat.

Just trying to think through why she would park there. Maybe there are clues in her backpack or on her phone. I wonder if her family can think of a reason she'd go there.

Just speculating: Perhaps she was meeting someone. The townhall parking lot would be a good place to agree to meet. She may have entered their vehicle. But if so, why leave her backpack and phone behind?

Are formal searches of the town hall area taking place?
I hope she is located safe very soon.

Missing person poster indicates AT has scars on both arms. What is her mental health history? Could be a factor in her disappearance under suspicious circumstances. Also, was the phone left inside her vehicle her regular phone or a burner? So sad -- not the time of year to vanish. Hope she surfaces soon.

Missing person poster indicates AT has scars on both arms. What is her mental health history? Could be a factor in her disappearance under suspicious circumstances. Also, was the phone left inside her vehicle her regular phone or a burner? So sad -- not the time of year to vanish. Hope she surfaces soon.

I thought the same thing. If she had any previous history of cutting that's typically indicative of someone that has trouble dealing with emotional pain, sadness, anger and stress. I'm hoping that if she's troubled she simply needed to get away, as opposed to wandered off with it being winter, and just doesn't wish to talk to anyone. Praying for this young woman.

1/8/24

The police have not released many details regarding the circumstances of her disappearance, but they are treating the situation with the utmost seriousness. The community regards Ashley as a cherished local figure, whose art not only beautifies the town but also strengthens the bonds amongst its residents. Her sudden absence is felt deeply by those who know her and her work.

The Barnstead Police have established a dedicated line for tips and encourage anyone with information about Ashley Turcotte's whereabouts to come forward immediately. They stress the importance of community collaboration in cases like these and hope that increased public awareness will lead to bring Ashley home safely. "If you know Ashley’s whereabouts please contact the Barnstead police," urged the social media plea, as they posted their contact number, (603)269-8100.

For clarification purposes, MSM is reporting AT last seen on Thursday, Jan 4. Police began reporting her missing on their FB on Sunday, Jan 7.

Howdy neighbor! <modsnip> We were trying to figure out if the town hall was open that morning. If anyone saw her in her car, or getting out of her car.
Are there cameras at the town hall, fire station, library, or church? Website says town hall is open Mon-Fri 8:30 to 4:30.
She lives off of 126, 2.6 miles from the town hall.

Last edited by a moderator:

<modsnip> I just hope people don't focus on the mental health issue, as she is missing and needs to be found. Our town is small, very countrified. Lots and lots of water- gushing river not too far from the town hall, I used to walk that area a lot when my kids were at (sports) practice. Lots of lakes and ponds. Beautiful and peaceful. There are trails around that area. The sister is trying to get something approved by LE to have the public search. We are all ready, willing and able. This town cares. Everyone loves and cares about Ashley. She's a beautiful and sweet soul, is artistically talented. If she's out there, we will find her. Please pray for her and her family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back