Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

I don't know how to post a direct link to this as there's no way to copy a link on the post, but on the Barnstead PD's official Facebook page as well as Salem NH PD's offical Facebook page there are posts from several years ago with photos of Ashley and some pumpkins that she painted for them. There is another post by the PD noting that she paints pumpkins for the city. That makes the car at town hall more interesting to me. It seems she has been involved with the community and police for several years, so maybe she is friends with someone at town hall or the police department?
Yes. I'm thinking the exact same thing.

<modsnip: no source link>

I have questions about the car and when it was dropped off. The police station is RIGHT there near the Town Hall. Surely one of them knew it was her car and would have noticed it there for a few days? She decorates pumpkins and other things for the town. She is well known in a POSTIVE way as a community member by the police. So when was this car driven there, I wonder? All we have heard is that it was found on Sunday. That her phone, keys, wallet and backpack were in the car, she has not used her bank account.

In this case, it seems her familiarity with the local businesses and organizations hindered her vehicle not being discovered earlier because it was familiar, and didn't look out of place -- she frequented the area.

Seems to me more like a case where she said she was going elsewhere and it was a surprise to find her car near the Town Hall on Sunday-- evidence she wasn't where family thought she was at, and then knowing she was without all one doesn't typically leave behind.

As noted above, her Etsy alerted her customers she was going on break on Tues, Jan 2, and we know she was last seen on Thurs, Jan 4. MOO

I don't know how to post a direct link to this as there's no way to copy a link on the post, but on the Barnstead PD's official Facebook page as well as Salem NH PD's offical Facebook page there are posts from several years ago with photos of Ashley and some pumpkins that she painted for them. There is another post by the PD noting that she paints pumpkins for the city. That makes the car at town hall more interesting to me. It seems she has been involved with the community and police for several years, so maybe she is friends with someone at town hall or the police department?
Thank you @sunflowermomma --no worries. The Police FB links have already been previously posted here and the same pictures from the PD posts have been published in MSM articles that starting coming out once Barnstead PD announced Ashley was missing.

How much snow did Barnstead get on Sunday? I'm just wondering how it is impacting the search efforts...and if Ashley's car was only spotted when the town went to plow the parking lot on Sunday.

Putting myself in her place, in order for me to leave my purse/phone/etc. in my vehicle, I am either leaving on purpose, and don’t want to be found, or, someone has taken me against my will. I personally would not have went too far without any of these items especially my keys/phone. I oftentimes put my purse in my trunk and use Apple Pay on my phone when running errands. I hope they have answers soon. MOO IMO

I took a Google tour of Barnstead, and it looked like a nice place to live -- one where the townsfolk know each other or at least are familiar with the faces of folks they may not know too well. I feel sure that the people there are concerned and keeping their eyes open for Ashley.
Hoping for good news soon.

How much snow did Barnstead get on Sunday? I'm just wondering how it is impacting the search efforts...and if Ashley's car was only spotted when the town went to plow the parking lot on Sunday.
That's a good insight on the plowing... As for snowfall, I don't see totals for Barnstead, but Strafford, a neighboring town got 7". Others in the area closer to a foot.

So odd. I don't think parking at the town hall is something you'd do if you didn't want to be found / seen. The fact that her Etsy shop was on break too seems to imply it wasn't a meeting for an online sale (unless she was buying something?) but if it were a case where an online person met her with nefarious intent, what an incredibly bold / reckless plan to meet her at the town hall. I guess we don't know when she drove to the town hall, maybe it was after hours? To guess her path it'd be helpful to know what time she was last seen on the 4th.

I don't see much in the area she'd be inclined to walk to from that parking lot either - there's a small cemetery nearby that doesn't seem to have a better lot. Other than that, the town hall, fire department, police department and a church. I'm not from the town, but that would seem to be one of the safest places to be.

Fwiw it was warm-ish on the 4th; around 40 degrees midday.

There must be CCTV from the police station?

So odd. I don't think parking at the town hall is something you'd do if you didn't want to be found / seen. The fact that her Etsy shop was on break too seems to imply it wasn't a meeting for an online sale (unless she was buying something?) but if it were a case where an online person met her with nefarious intent, what an incredibly bold / reckless plan to meet her at the town hall. I guess we don't know when she drove to the town hall, maybe it was after hours? To guess her path it'd be helpful to know what time she was last seen on the 4th.

I don't see much in the area she'd be inclined to walk to from that parking lot either - there's a small cemetery nearby that doesn't seem to have a better lot. Other than that, the town hall, fire department, police department and a church. I'm not from the town, but that would seem to be one of the safest places to be.

Fwiw it was warm-ish on the 4th; around 40 degrees midday.

There must be CCTV from the police station?
I agree. Some sort of nefarious act isn't completely off the table for me, but it's way down the list for a couple reasons, one of them being the location of the vehicle. I do think she parked there herself, but what her intent was is anyone's guess at this stage. I just hope this doesn't turn into an enduring mystery, as so many cases with circumstances like this have.

RE: Etsy. As an Etsy shop owner I can say that putting your shop "on a break" after the holidays is not out of the ordinary. The holidays can be a busy time and many shop owners take time off after the holidays are over and sales typically slow down.

Just trying to think through why she would park there. Maybe there are clues in her backpack or on her phone. I wonder if her family can think of a reason she'd go there.

Just speculating: Perhaps she was meeting someone. The townhall parking lot would be a good place to agree to meet. She may have entered their vehicle. But if so, why leave her backpack and phone behind?

Are formal searches of the town hall area taking place?
I hope she is located safe very soon.
I would leave my phone + backpack in vehicle if I thought I was getting out for a very quick errand or just saying hi to someone, id be interested to know if she had any money on her person (errand could involve money despite backpack in car). Location of car is interesting given her chosen career (which she is amazing at...)

1/8/24

The police have not released many details regarding the circumstances of her disappearance, but they are treating the situation with the utmost seriousness. The community regards Ashley as a cherished local figure, whose art not only beautifies the town but also strengthens the bonds amongst its residents. Her sudden absence is felt deeply by those who know her and her work.

The Barnstead Police have established a dedicated line for tips and encourage anyone with information about Ashley Turcotte's whereabouts to come forward immediately. They stress the importance of community collaboration in cases like these and hope that increased public awareness will lead to bring Ashley home safely. "If you know Ashley’s whereabouts please contact the Barnstead police," urged the social media plea, as they posted their contact number, (603)269-8100.
very worried about the arm scars... gosh it's hard to love ourselves for many of us, isnt it??
prayers for ms ashley, a wonderful artist..

RE: Etsy. As an Etsy shop owner I can say that putting your shop "on a break" after the holidays is not out of the ordinary. The holidays can be a busy time and many shop owners take time off after the holidays are over and sales typically slow down.
Agree but she has only ever had 3 orders. I am not sure when she started the shop but her store policies were last changed in June so it doesn't seem like she was taking a break bc she was inundated with orders over the holiday. I do fine it a little interesting that she put it "on a break" though, especially with such little sales which makes me almost wonder if she was planning to be away based on the timing of the break and her vanishing.

Agree but she has only ever had 3 orders. I am not sure when she started the shop but her store policies were last changed in June so it doesn't seem like she was taking a break bc she was inundated with orders over the holiday. I do fine it a little interesting that she put it "on a break" though, especially with such little sales which makes me almost wonder if she was planning to be away based on the timing of the break and her vanishing.
Of note on her 'at clay and portraits' FB page, she had a few orders around christmas, not just 3.

Do we know if Ashley has a medical condition that would be of a concern?

Has anything like this happened in the past?

Did Ashley tell family she was going away?

And the biggie…does Ashley have a significant other in her life and if so how was the relationship?

We got a lot of rain last night and had mild temperatures today - that might make the searching a little easier......though I hope she's not located in that type of a ground search - hopefully she's somewhere safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back