Found Deceased NH - Ashley Turcotte, 31, last seen at home, her car found at the town hall with her phone & backpack, Barnstead, 4 Jan 2024

So across the street from the town hall is a rec area with basketball court, swings, and "two rivers trail" that runs alongside a river (well presumably two :) ). Is Ashley the type that might leave her phone behind to go for a short walk? If so, footing could have been slick and even a little stream like that could see fast moving water with the weather recently.

I assume someone local has checked around those paths, but if not it would be a great service to take a walk around and pay attention to any areas where Ashley could have slipped and fallen, especially inclines and near water. (And please be careful yourself as well especially with all the snow and melt today!)

I was happy to see this just now, that they are still searching, and her brother posted that they’ve been asked to stay out of the woods as K9s will be brought in again and they don’t want others to affect any kind of scent trail.
IMG_1680.jpeg

So across the street from the town hall is a rec area with basketball court, swings, and "two rivers trail" that runs alongside a river (well presumably two :) ). Is Ashley the type that might leave her phone behind to go for a short walk? If so, footing could have been slick and even a little stream like that could see fast moving water with the weather recently.

I assume someone local has checked around those paths, but if not it would be a great service to take a walk around and pay attention to any areas where Ashley could have slipped and fallen, especially inclines and near water. (And please be careful yourself as well especially with all the snow and melt today!)
Good points !
I never considered slipping and falling into a stream.
Somewhat divided between foul play and voluntary disappearance...
Where are you, Ashley ?

Sorry for her worried loved ones. :(

Eta ; Her artwork is beautiful, too ! I can barely draw a stick figure, so I appreciate other's creativity.

pet portraits of dead pets and working dogs... a bit grim. Did she work in any animal shelters? Have contacts there?
Oh, I wouldn’t read into the pet portraits of deceased pets as being grim. After a beloved pet passes on is often when the owners hire an artist in various mediums to create a portrait in their memory.

Good points !
Where are you, Ashley ?

Eta ; Her artwork is beautiful, too ! I can barely draw a stick figure, so I appreciate other's creativity.
I actually thought maybe she might be into photography and was out taking pictures but I didn't hear anything about camera's missing. IMO

A
Good points !
Where are you, Ashley ?

One poster had asked earlier......... did she also work in photography, and might have been out on a walk with camera equipment. (which could conclude in a slip and fall). I know a few pet artists, and they do work from photographs most of the time.

But if this were a possibility, I still think she would have parked closer to the area that includes water, if that was her desired path.

Parking in that Town Hall parking lot remains as such a mystery to me.

Oh, I wouldn’t read into the pet portraits of deceased pets as being grim. After a beloved pet passes on is often when the owners hire an artist in various mediums to create a portrait in their memory.
I did not mean anything critical- but losing pets can be depressing and she might have known some one who needed company

<modsnip - if it can't be linked, don't mention it>

Are there any locals familar with Barnstead? Curious if there are cameras anywhere in town relevant to the location her car was found. I looked and didn't see any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they're still doing some serious searches. I know sometimes rivers can be searched with sonar, but I don't know when it's appropriate?

Locals, please remember to only go out searching in groups that stay together, in safe conditions, and if authorities allow it. Accidents around rivers or in nature happen.

I wonder if the driver seat in Emily’s car was verified as being typical to suit her height, if this was even verified by LE or even the family member that found the vehicle? MOO

This is a really good point and, not to sound dramatic, I wonder if her car has been searched forensically— fingerprints, even luminol?

Some other random thoughts:
I didn’t read any mention of her keys, so I’m guessing she has them with her? In one of the photos she is wearing a cross body bag— I wonder if she was carrying anything like that when she went missing? Was the car locked when it was found?

I leave my phone in the car for quick errands like mailing a letter. Is there a post office in the town hall, or even a mailbox? The small town she lives in would have a low crime rate, I’m guessing, and leaving a phone in the car wouldn’t be as much of a concern.
I pray she is somewhere safe and warm.

<modsnip - if it can't be linked, don't mention it>

Are there any locals familar with Barnstead? Curious if there are cameras anywhere in town relevant to the location her car was found. I looked and didn't see any.

Earlier in the thread, there is lots of local discussion about Barnstead.
It really is a very quiet pretty little town

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone local here that can speak to the terrain/landscape of the area she went missing? Are there outdoors-y activities that take place around this small town like hiking or nature trails? Town hall also seems like a neutral, free place to park where you aren't taking up a business' parking spots if you're going to walk somewhere else maybe

Is she dating anyone?

This is a really good point and, not to sound dramatic, I wonder if her car has been searched forensically— fingerprints, even luminol?

Some other random thoughts:
I didn’t read any mention of her keys, so I’m guessing she has them with her? In one of the photos she is wearing a cross body bag— I wonder if she was carrying anything like that when she went missing? Was the car locked when it was found?

I leave my phone in the car for quick errands like mailing a letter. Is there a post office in the town hall, or even a mailbox? The small town she lives in would have a low crime rate, I’m guessing, and leaving a phone in the car wouldn’t be as much of a concern.
I pray she is somewhere safe and warm.
I believe it has been stated in here by someone else that LE let her sister drive her car home which would either mean the keys were in it or they had a spare key at home. Disappointing though if nothing forensic wise was gathered ahead of time unless they did before they let her take it but highly unlikely since she's an adult who hadn't been that long and it doesn't seem anything led them to initially suspect foul play.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaneSays1989!
Back