NH NH - Denise Daneault, 25, Manchester, 8 June 1980

Who was she last seen socializing with at the club? Laureen was last known to be drinking with two older guys the night she disappeared. Maybe they both knew the same guy. Whoever Laureen was with that night may hold the answers. If he got away with it once, he would’ve been capable of reoffending 6 weeks later. MOO

Who was she last seen socializing with at the club? Laureen was last known to be drinking with two older guys the night she disappeared. Maybe they both knew the same guy. Whoever Laureen was with that night may hold the answers. If he got away with it once, he would’ve been capable of reoffending 6 weeks later. MOO
I think the same individual(s) is behind both Denise and Laureen missing. In 1980 Manchester had a population of only about 90000 people.
Two females last seen exactly six weeks apart, on a weekend night, at almost exactly the same spot, what are the chances?

I have two questions re Laureen that may have been answered somewhere. Who did she get the booze from, and did she use to babysit?
jmo.

Including map of where they went missing, Denise red spot on the left is where the club she was at was located.
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 11.36.53.png

Denise Ann Daneault – The Charley Project

Last updated January 25, 2021; details of disappearance updated.
From link, thanks..
''Missing Since 06/08/1980
Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 135 pounds''
  • denise_ann_daneault_1.jpg
  • denise_ann_daneault_2.jpg
  • ''Daneault was last seen leaving a private social club in downtown Manchester, New Hampshire at 1:30 a.m. on June 8, 1980. She left the club, saying she was going to a party, and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Daneault was divorced, with two young sons, at the time of her disappearance, and lived with a roommate in the 300 block of Hayward Street Street in Manchester. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

Laureen Rahn, a 14-year-old girl who lived on Merrimack Street just two blocks from Daneault, disappeared six weeks before Daneault did and was never found. She and Daneault reportedly closely resembled each other in spite of the difference in their ages, but it has never been shown that their disappearances were linked.

Daneault also lived just a few doors down from suspected serial killer Terry Peder Rasmussen, who was living in the area under the name "Bob Evans", one of his many false identities, at the time. Photos of Rasmussen as he appeared in 1985 and in 2002 are posted with this case summary. He pleaded guilty to murdering his wife in California in 2003, and died in 2010.

Authorities believe Rasmussen was responsible for at least five more deaths, including the murder of Denise Beaudin, who disappeared from Goffstown, New Hampshire in 1981 and was never found, the murders of an a woman and three female children whose bodies were found in a wooded area near Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The bodies were all unidentified until 2019, when investigators announced they'd discovered the identity of the woman and her two daughters. The woman was Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch, age 24. Her daughters were Marie Elizabeth Vaughn and Sarah Lynn McWaters.

The third child, Rasmussen's daughter, is still unidentified. A sketch of the victim is posted with this case summary. She was about two to four years old, between 3'3 and 3'9 tall, with wavy brown hair and an overbite that may have been noticeable. She may have suffered from anemia. Isotope tests indicate she was probably born in a sparsely populated area of the interior western United States or one of the Plains States, and she is primarily of Caucasian ancestry but also has a small amount of Native American, African-American and Asian ancestry.

Rasmussen, and perhaps his unidentified daughter, had ties to the Navajo Nation and the area surrounding Black Mesa, Arizona. DNA evidence indicates the unidentified girl and her mother have relatives in Pearl River County, Mississippi. They may be descendants of Thomas "Deadhorse" Mitchell, born in 1836, or William Livings, born in 1826. The girl would have been the five times or six times great-grandchild of either of those men.

Investigators don't know whether Rasmussen was involved in Daneault's case, but are investigating a possible connection. Her disappearance remains unsolved.''

Hello guys, I’ve enhanced Denise’s photo from the newspaper, hopefully her case is solved soon!

Attachments

• 490C30BA-E725-4070-807A-C2171B021F0B.jpeg
    490C30BA-E725-4070-807A-C2171B021F0B.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 12
I think the same individual(s) is behind both Denise and Laureen missing. In 1980 Manchester had a population of only about 90000 people.
Two females last seen exactly six weeks apart, on a weekend night, at almost exactly the same spot, what are the chances?

I have two questions re Laureen that may have been answered somewhere. Who did she get the booze from, and did she use to babysit?
jmo.

Including map of where they went missing, Denise red spot on the left is where the club she was at was located.
View attachment 250457

Yes, Denise and Laureen both lived on Hayward St, that area of Manchester is packed with low income apartments and multi-family dwellings. The club where Denise went was about 20 blocks from her home. She told friends after leaving there that she was going to a party.
The police have searched twice in 2017 & 2018 for Denise's remains, BUT the area they are searching (Black Acres) is across the bridge and on the west side of Manchester. It is not 1:30 am walking distance from the club and it is considered to be the 'high crime' area of the city.
I believe the police know who Denise left the club with, or who's party she attended because they are not searching anywhere near where she lived.
Her Ex Husband was a bad dude, he was arrested for a large Heroin trafficking operation and the police answered numerous domestic violence calls during their marriage, per the local Union Leader newspaper.

I do not believe the cases are connected in any way other than the Hayward St addresses. Had the cops not treated Laureen Rahn and every other missing kid in the 70's and 80's as runaways back then, decent detective work would have probably would have found out what happened to her within a few days.

Yes, Denise and Laureen both lived on Hayward St, that area of Manchester is packed with low income apartments and multi-family dwellings. The club where Denise went was about 20 blocks from her home. She told friends after leaving there that she was going to a party.
The police have searched twice in 2017 & 2018 for Denise's remains, BUT the area they are searching (Black Acres) is across the bridge and on the west side of Manchester. It is not 1:30 am walking distance from the club and it is considered to be the 'high crime' area of the city.
I believe the police know who Denise left the club with, or who's party she attended because they are not searching anywhere near where she lived.
Her Ex Husband was a bad dude, he was arrested for a large Heroin trafficking operation and the police answered numerous domestic violence calls during their marriage, per the local Union Leader newspaper.

I do not believe the cases are connected in any way other than the Hayward St addresses. Had the cops not treated Laureen Rahn and every other missing kid in the 70's and 80's as runaways back then, decent detective work would have probably would have found out what happened to her within a few days.
I agree, I think that Denisse’s case isn’t connected to Rachel Garden’s and Laureen Rahn’s cases.

Denise has been ruled out as being either of these two unidentified remains:

UP6249 11/14/1980 Rockingham VA

UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member