NH NH - Eddy Segall, 28, Nashua, 15 June 1977

Huh. That's weird.

It does sound like there was some larger-scale cleanup of old cases, but since they mention the possibility of criminal charges, it doesn't seem like there's any possibility of an accident.

It seems that Eddy's father has only just died, at the age of 93 on 21st February. See Obituary of Seymour Mermelstein | Joseph A. Scarano Pines Memorial Chapel . The obituary has an error where it gives his dob as 1944 (this should read 1924). Eddy's mother, Anita, died in 2012. As Eddy was an only child (I believe from various genealogy sources) this means there are no longer any close relatives alive.

One thing which has puzzled me about this case is the question of why Eddy moved to New Hampshire. She was originally from New Jersey, her family were in Florida and, as far as I ca find out, she had no connection with Nashua (or New Hampshire). It may be irrelevant, but I do wonder if her reason for moving introduces any information of interest.[/QUOTE]

Hi Alb1on,

Your question of the reason Eddy chose to move to this area intrigues me. Great question!

I wondered whether Eddy was teaching the exercise class ? The article states that she borrowed the car to attend the class every day. It also says "she took exercise classes", no mention of teaching any.

What else did she do every day other than the exercise class? Did I miss that she was attending school or working somewhere? I could have missed it.

I found this quote from the news article (below) interesting. My question is why would the case "stall" if she wasn't from there? Cases with tourists missing don't "stall"? I don't understand this.

Hollis Police hope cold case warms up | News, Sports, Jobs - The Cabinet Press

"The police investigation stalled fairly quickly initially because Segall had moved to Nashua from Tampa, Fla., didn’t know many people in New Hampshire and didn’t “have a lot of family, no social network,” Sartell said."

Last edited:
The exercise class was at the Women's World Gym at Pennichuck Square in Merrimack.

How Eddy ended up in NH is a questionable, quite possible she wanted a change her life.

I got pulled away from Eddy's case after looking into Kathleen Randall--I found out she was linked to a series of kidnappings/murders perpetrated in the Cambridge area in MA in 1972. Anthony J. Jackson was arrested and convicted for three of the at least seven murders attributed to him. He had a box of photographs containing pictures of his victims, but I couldn't find anything anywhere indicating he was in possession of a picture of Kathleen...

To tie back to what's been said above, I also don't know, should such a picture exist, if it was part of the evidence destroyed over thirty years ago. :/ I'd hope not, but I'm looking into it. I may set up a page for Kathleen since there doesn't seem to be anything.

As for Eddy, I'm beginning to think her body is not near her car. It could very well have been dumped in a separate location, off another unbeaten path from the route her kidnappers took after nabbing her. (If that makes sense??) The trick is finding out where she must have stopped between leaving home and the gym class she was going to. Did she meet up with someone for a brief chat? Did she get gas, or pick something up at a convenience store? (I recognize nobody here has the answers to these questions, but they are worthwhile questions to be asked. Sound-boarding again!)

Suggested to Cold Case Unit to, if at all possible or if they haven't already, utilize the same method they used to located the body of Elizabeth Lamotte to maybe locate the bodies of other missing persons--including Eddy.

Given recent kick up in media for this case, I directly contacted the Hollis police dept to suggest the possibility that Eddy is not near where the Oldsmobile was found (may not even be in NH), and that--if there is not DNA readily available from her parents (now deceased), that other relatives could perhaps be contacted. I really think getting beyond the focus on that swamp could help further this investigation.

Digging through NamUs and Jane Doe Network to look for possible matches.

This one caught my eye:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Also known as "The Cheerleader in a Trunk," she was believed to have been an active young woman, killed at least a couple years before being found. Maybe nothing, maybe something. Just pulled my attention.

Trying to watch for the scar Eddy had on her lower navel, her approximate weight & height, her clothing, pocketbook, etc.

Last edited:
Where is Eddy?

She divorced her husband in 1973. She had a child. What happened?

Married in 1968, to Leonard Michael Segall, <she was 18 yrs at the time> Divorced 24 sept. 1973

Leonard Michael Segall

Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001

Name:

Leonard Michael Segall

Event Type:

Divorce

Event Date:

24 Sep 1973

Event Place:

Miami-Dade, Florida

Male

Spouse's Name:

Eddy

Certificate Number:

Volume:

Review and Attach Record

Eddy Milta Mermelstein

Eddy Milta Mermelstein

Birthdate:

February 20, 1950

Birthplace:

NJ, United States

Death:

June 1977 (27)

Immediate Family:

Daughter of Seymour E Mermelstein and Anita L Mermelstein
Wife of Private
Mother of Private

She had a child...

What was she doing in Venezuela?

Mon, 20 Aug 1973 CPAS EDDY MILTA SEGALL Caracas, Venezuela Department of State | Secretary of State 467

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1973CARACA07208_b.html
upload_2019-8-28_16-30-52.png

upload_2019-8-28_16-29-43.png

It looks like she was troubled, and decided to go living far away. She was born in NJ so she knew the approx. environment.

The Venezuela piece of info is...interesting.

I would like to know more about the husband/divorce. And about the child--are either the ex-husband or the child interested in knowing what happened to her?

She was also dating up in NH, would like to know more about who she was seeing. Of course, everything seems to be at a dead stop or dead end with her case :/ Not giving up hope but it's hard to determine any leads, especially when there doesn't seem to be any movement on the police end.

The Venezuela piece of info is...interesting.

I would like to know more about the husband/divorce. And about the child--are either the ex-husband or the child interested in knowing what happened to her?

She was also dating up in NH, would like to know more about who she was seeing. Of course, everything seems to be at a dead stop or dead end with her case :/ Not giving up hope but it's hard to determine any leads, especially when there doesn't seem to be any movement on the police end.

Maybe her child is diseased. Don't want to dig in her family more at this time. Never say anything about a family member reaching out to media from the Segall side. Unless it's in this article, which I can't seem to open anymore. Hollis Police hope cold case warms up | News, Sports, Jobs - The Cabinet Press

And there is this Eddy Segall | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice Nothing new.

Last edited:
She was leaving from Burritt street, Nashua NH to Pennichuck Square in Merrimack, but never arrived there. Her car was found in Hollis, NH....what happened on the road to Merrimack, what made her stop, did she even ever leave? Who said she borrowed the car to go to the gym...the male part of the couple she was staying with wasn't reachable for comments, according to the press....why? Where is the female part of the couple? Why don't they step up to tell the story after all these years, telling how they met her, what kind of person she was, why they took her in? Hollis isn't on route to Merrimack.....so what happened...is Eddy somewhere else, the car/keys just a decoy? Why is this couple not coming forward? Her husband (you can be very angry, but when the mother of your child went missing......) If you don't have anything to do with it, why not come in the open. And also disturbing, in 1977, the ********alias Bob Evans was only miles away.

https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2017/documents/20170126-allenstown-suspect-timeline.pdf

Eddy Milta Segall – The Charley Project

Not sure about those who could have commented but didn't, but I took another look at google maps for reference and determined another route the kidnapper(s) could have taken--there are a series of gas stations right off Rt 3 (some may not have been there in '77, but surely there was still one or two). She may have gotten in the car and noticed it was short on fuel just as she was getting on her way. From the gas stations you just need to hop onto Blue Hill Ave/Pine Hill Rd, take another turn and then there's Wheeler. From there you get the paths leading to Parker Pond, where the car was roughly located. Still wish we knew a more exact location for the vehicle, but alas.

upload_2019-9-2_23-18-39.png

Whether she was taken from Pennichuck Square or a gas station, it still really bothers me that she seems to most likely have been nabbed in what one would expect to be fairly populated locations, in broad daylight.

Not sure about those who could have commented but didn't, but I took another look at google maps for reference and determined another route the kidnapper(s) could have taken--there are a series of gas stations right off Rt 3 (some may not have been there in '77, but surely there was still one or two). She may have gotten in the car and noticed it was short on fuel just as she was getting on her way. From the gas stations you just need to hop onto Blue Hill Ave/Pine Hill Rd, take another turn and then there's Wheeler. From there you get the paths leading to Parker Pond, where the car was roughly located. Still wish we knew a more exact location for the vehicle, but alas.

View attachment 201992

Whether she was taken from Pennichuck Square or a gas station, it still really bothers me that she seems to most likely have been nabbed in what one would expect to be fairly populated locations, in broad daylight.

That would be plausible if she was accosted at the gas station. Route 3 is a four-lane divided limited access highway, so all the gas stations now and at the time would be on the connecting streets, mostly near the exits. From where Eddy lived, she would have passed the stations on Rte 111 before she got on Rte 3. There are/were several gas stations on Rte 101A (Amherst Street) after getting off Rte 3 that she might have stopped at as well. Any of them would fit with your scenario.

It would also be distantly possible that she drove there herself, thinking there was a shortcut on the back roads from Nashua and not realizing the road was a dead end.

I forgot to mention due to being distracted by COVID and ongoing current events (everything's gone nuts!)

I was recently in touch with Eddy's remaining family. The purpose of reaching out was to let them know about the new developments with DNA testing and tracking if they were not currently aware, and to understand their perspectives and desires regarding the case.

For confidentiality purposes, and due to the desire for privacy from her family, I will not issue names - but for the sake of stating facts so all who look into this case are aware, Eddy's child is alive and well - naturally, now an adult - and was involved in the investigation periodically along with Eddy's ex-husband (with the details I was given, I think it is safe to conclude he had no involvement in her disappearance). They were not apprised of the new developments with DNA testing, but considering how much time has passed there was precaution on whether to further pursue the case and open old wounds in fear of again hitting a dead end.

One family member, who is still keeping an eye on the case's progression, is caught between the perspectives that either Eddy ran away (again), or was murdered and the body never located. They encouraged any sleuths to continue searching nonetheless and if any progress is made on our part or LE, there of course still lies a curiosity in where Eddy's path ultimately concluded and a willingness to assist as necessary. Otherwise they have understandably taken steps away to carry on with their lives.

Overall, a very informative (and unexpected!) discussion and one I thought was very important to disclose here. Here's hoping we can still find Eddy someday if only to know where her story led.

It will be 44 years in six days.

“The car was abandoned near a stolen Ford that had been left years ago after being driven into Parker Pond.”

The Nashua Telegraph article also mentions the Oldsmobile being found near the Ford.

https://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/local-news/2010/12/20/father-wants-no-pain/

So there’s two, actually three abandoned vehicles in the vicinity of Parker Pond today. There’s what looks like a Jeep halfway down Break Neck Hill (a path which connects Parker Pond to Baxter Rd). There’s an early sixties Dodge on the South End of Parker Pond, and on the North End of Parker a mid sixties Ford Galaxie. The Dodge is on the shore partially in the water. The Galaxie is near the shore.

My question is the following. Was the Oldsmobile ditched near the Dodge (in the South end) or the Ford (in the North end)? Alternatively, the Dodge isn’t clearly distinguishable a Dodge. Was it mistakenly called a Ford?

Also, what was the motive for this attack?

Carjack and rape? A revenge murder from a spurned lover? I'm really finding it hard to come up with much else....

It will be 44 years in six days.

“The car was abandoned near a stolen Ford that had been left years ago after being driven into Parker Pond.”

The Nashua Telegraph article also mentions the Oldsmobile being found near the Ford.

Father wants no pain

So there’s two, actually three abandoned vehicles in the vicinity of Parker Pond today. There’s what looks like a Jeep halfway down Break Neck Hill (a path which connects Parker Pond to Baxter Rd). There’s an early sixties Dodge on the South End of Parker Pond, and on the North End of Parker a mid sixties Ford Galaxie. The Dodge is on the shore partially in the water. The Galaxie is near the shore.

My question is the following. Was the Oldsmobile ditched near the Dodge (in the South end) or the Ford (in the North end)? Alternatively, the Dodge isn’t clearly distinguishable a Dodge. Was it mistakenly called a Ford?

Interesting observation. Did you actually go there or was it a virtual trip?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoegazergirl
Back