NH NH - Eddy Segall, 28, Nashua, 15 June 1977

I took a bushwhack in the vicinity where I think the borrowed Oldsmobile was found. I understand it was not very far from a vehicle that currently resides there today (second photo). I’ve visited this place multiple times before. The area immediately adjacent to the abandoned vehicle is currently being logged. I walked the shoreline of both Dunklee and Parker ponds. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0682.jpeg
    IMG_0682.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 20
The white vehicle I posted yesterday appears to be 1965-1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. It’s unclear when it was ditched in the woods, yet let’s assume mid sixties to early/mid 70s. That’s ten or so years of car ditching opportunity. The 69 Oldsmobile borrowed by Eddy was ditched in July 1977. So if someone were to ditch a vehicle in that area they’d need to have some knowledge of the geography, favorable weather conditions, and precise knowledge of the off-the-beaten-path location of the final destination. Most of the trails in that area (present day) are compact soil and peat gravel. If you have an especially wet season you would conceivably get stuck very easily. It looks like prime times for dry trails were 1963-1969, 1971, 1975, and a small sliver of 1977 based on drought conditions in NH. Neither an Oldsmobile nor Galaxie are off-road vehicles. They’re low to the ground and heavy (a Galaxie is 3500-3700lbs). Most of the terrain is downhill, yet the initial sections and between miles 1 and 2, you’d have to climb. Another observation (from current day) is that people do visit this area. I found a red solo cup and empty bottle of wine in the vicinity of the Galaxie. Perhaps this may have been a well known spot in 60s and 70s too among those who partake in libations in the woods.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
At one point LE thought that Eddy was buried in the vicinity of the Oldsmobile, but they didn't find anything at the time. Perhaps ground penetrating radar (GPR) might help. She could be buried elsewhere, of course. There was said to be a suspect at one point, but not enough evidence for an arrest.

I recently stumbled upon this podcast that also covers another missing person across the border in Massachusetts, a month prior. Deborah Ann Quimby disappeared in May 1977 in Townsend. She was 13 at the time. Townsend is 10 miles from Hollis. There’s some interesting theories about the relationships among a cluster of cases in this podcast. I haven’t listened to it yet.

The unsolved homicide case that seems to have the most public awareness in this area is Kathleen Randall at Yudicky Farm in 1972. Yudicky is just 5 miles from Hollis.

The white vehicle I posted yesterday appears to be 1965-1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL. It’s unclear when it was ditched in the woods, yet let’s assume mid sixties to early/mid 70s. That’s ten or so years of car ditching opportunity. The 69 Oldsmobile borrowed by Eddy was ditched in July 1977. So if someone were to ditch a vehicle in that area they’d need to have some knowledge of the geography, favorable weather conditions, and precise knowledge of the off-the-beaten-path location of the final destination. Most of the trails in that area (present day) are compact soil and peat gravel. If you have an especially wet season you would conceivably get stuck very easily. It looks like prime times for dry trails were 1963-1969, 1971, 1975, and a small sliver of 1977 based on drought conditions in NH. Neither an Oldsmobile nor Galaxie are off-road vehicles. They’re low to the ground and heavy (a Galaxie is 3500-3700lbs). Most of the terrain is downhill, yet the initial sections and between miles 1 and 2, you’d have to climb. Another observation (from current day) is that people do visit this area. I found a red solo cup and empty bottle of wine in the vicinity of the Galaxie. Perhaps this may have been a well known spot in 60s and 70s too among those who partake in libations in the woods.
Unrelated but does the ford galaxie have a license plate still? NamUs #MP2057 and NamUs #MP2058 went missing in 1971 in a white 1967 ford galxie out of kentucky en route to a truck stop.

Unrelated but does the ford galaxie have a license plate still? NamUs #MP2057 and NamUs #MP2058 went missing in 1971 in a white 1967 ford galxie out of kentucky en route to a truck stop.
No plates, however, I was able to definitively confirm it’s a 1965 model recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|
Back