NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

I wonder if a DNA test can be done with Judith and a woman interviewed for Youtube, going by Trixie, who bears a strong resemblance to how Laureen might look today.

From what I understand, in 80s America anyone could charge a call to any number. It was a low-level form of identity theft. They didn’t introduce passwords and PINs until a little later. If that’s the case, I think the motel phonecalls were likely a red herring.

It’s difficult to imagine a scenario where Laureen runs away in the middle of the night, intoxicated and without her purse, money or shoes.

It’s possible that someone caught wind that Laureen was going to be home alone that night. They might have overheard it when Laureen was hanging around downtown. Laureen answered the door thinking it was her mother and her boyfriend, someone quickly forces their way in and rushes her out the back door (hence why it was left open). There might not have been much of a struggle to wake Laureen’s blacked out friend.

I think that you hit it right on the head. Who the individuals are that either took or led her shoeless out of the apartment and what happened next---well that is another story all together.

I’m writing a book on Laureen’s case, I’ve interviewed ~30 sources at this point and look forward to sharing it all in time.

In the meantime I’ve sourced more images of Laureen and had them enhanced with the help of a professional (u/mimblad on Reddit). Laureen’s friends had input in the enhancement process to provide a greater deal of accuracy of hair color etc.

Laureen Rahn

Note the unique birthmark on the top of her nose and the gap in her teeth.

Also note blue eyes and freckles. Her friends say her hair colour was said to be quite unique. Auburn/a light sandy brown. Something of a redhead which she would get teased in school for.

If you yourself knew Laureen, or are close with someone who did feel free to DM me. Always keen to hear from new leads.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I just submitted this doe 2 weeks ago as a possible match for Laureen. I think she looks like her and the mom, too. I've done a composite (attached). The doe was a Canadian doe who committed suicide. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 275142
220px-Laureen_Rahn.jpg
Did you ever hear back if this was a match?

The Jane Doe and Laureen pose for photos in a very similar way. I was trying to check the noses--but I am not sure.

I’m writing a book on Laureen’s case, I’ve interviewed ~30 sources at this point and look forward to sharing it all in time.

In the meantime I’ve sourced more images of Laureen and had them enhanced with the help of a professional (u/mimblad on Reddit). Laureen’s friends had input in the enhancement process to provide a greater deal of accuracy of hair color etc.

Laureen Rahn

Note the unique birthmark on the top of her nose and the gap in her teeth.

Also note blue eyes and freckles. Her friends say her hair colour was said to be quite unique. Auburn/a light sandy brown. Something of a redhead which she would get teased in school for.

If you yourself knew Laureen, or are close with someone who did feel free to DM me. Always keen to hear from new leads.

Those photos are beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. Especially the mother daughter photos. This case is so---odd, I know that someone or something is out there who is the missing puzzle piece. Whether they know what happened or where she went etc.

Is it possible Laureen was tricked out of the apartment shoeless by someone pretending to fall/get hurt and yelling?

Is it possible Laureen was tricked out of the apartment shoeless by someone pretending to fall/get hurt and yelling?

That's very specific, what makes you think that?
I guess it's no more or less possible than most other theories, depends what kind of person she was.
If I heard a thump outside my house at night and someone started yelling I'd probably make sure all windows and doors were locked, even when I was her age (or especially when I was her age).

But what if she was called out by name? I apologize. I forgot to include that part.
That's very specific, what makes you think that?
I guess it's no more or less possible than most other theories, depends what kind of person she was.
If I heard a thump outside my house at night and someone started yelling I'd probably make sure all windows and doors were locked, even when I was her age (or especially when I was

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back