NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea as long as it’s clarified I can say I agree, but let’s not start labeling all true crime fans into one category. It’s discriminating.

I agree but he did say "Of course not everyone is going to be like that", to be fair. Generalizing any large group of people is not good is all that really needs to be said i guess.

Most True Crime people are ok:) There are some strange people on fringes of cases sometimes and there are a few in this case. In the Maura Murray case I find James Renner's pleasure at the discomfort of the Murray family strange. Cheers.

I'm no fan of Renner as anyone who regularly reads this thread can attest but i wouldn't call it "pleasure at their discomfort". I'd more say he's very conspiracy minded and he's also got his own motives since he writes about true crime for a living. Agreed with how he's treated the family in general though. Think Scott Wahl, Bill Rausch and maybe Erin Larkin have done more damage than Renner considering they all had/have the support of her family.

It's interesting that he's so widely criticized for his work on Maura's case and yet there seems to be nothing but praise for how he's approached Amy Mihaljevic's case. Wonder what he's doing different? Not that familiar with Amy's case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea as long as it’s clarified I can say I agree, but let’s not start labeling all true crime fans into one category. It’s discriminating.

I think there is a difference between the vast majority of people interested in True Crime and stranger people who attach themselves to cases. I honestly feel a little bad when I 'look forward' to watching a new crime case thinking about the fact real people have had their lives destroyed. Of course you would want to live in a world where crimes like this and the disappearances of Maura Murray's did not exist. I hope this does not strange but if I could wipe the crimes away with a magic wand I would and this includes all the ones I think I have solved and would do it now. This is not the world we live in though. I think most True Crime fans are decent and honest people who just can help the fascination with a puzzle and the darker side of human behaviour. This interest is everywhere from Agatha Christie to real crimes and Agatha had to base her stories on real life. Many movies outside of comedies are about guns like Dirty Harry and James Bond and good non violent people watch these. Just to finish my monologue you will always get a small percentage of people who admire Serial Killers etc. Thanks.

I'm no fan of Renner as anyone who regularly reads this thread can attest but i wouldn't call it "pleasure at their discomfort". I'd more say he's very conspiracy minded and he's also got his own motives since he writes about true crime for a living. Agreed with how he's treated the family in general though. Think Scott Wahl, Bill Rausch and maybe Erin Larkin have done more damage than Renner considering they all had/have the support of her family.

It's interesting that he's so widely criticized for his work on Maura's case and yet there seems to be nothing but praise for how he's approached Amy Mihaljevic's case. Wonder what he's doing different? Not that familiar with Amy's case.

Good post Nadal. Sorry it always takes a lot to change my mind but I do think he seems to take some pleasure from the Murray family not getting answers such as in the search earlier year because like a few he has to be right but in my opinion like a few he does not know as much about the case he has chosen to study as he think he does. This does not mean you anyone on this thread or board but in my study of crime cases it appears that some people always have to be right. Go to a Keddie Murders message board and you will see what I mean. Cheers.

It was about Bill Rausch's case, apparently he called one of his victims Maura while strangling her. Also Erin Larkin is apparently a character witness for Bill in his case according to Renner but she's denying it on Twitter and we're waiting for the transcripts. Whole lotta drama, check the Reddit sub on Maura if you're interested as that's pretty much all they're talking about.

Personally i think it's all one big red herring. Bill is clearly a bad person and if Maura had went missing say at UMass while Bill was there he'd be my #1 suspect but under the circumstances i don't think he was involved, i think he was likely a major part of her going on the trip in the first place but i don't think he killed her. We have to assume she didn't contact anyone for 3 days after the crash until he got to NH then he snuck away and killed her and hid her body while everyone including him were searching for her.

Oh also that Scott Wahl guy who runs the Maura Murray Facebook page was charged with downloading massive amounts of child *advertiser censored* before he got involved with Maura's case. He said it was his son and got away with it. That just came out recently. Crazy how many shady people have involved themselves in this case.
I find it odd that in the Guy Paradee interview on Erinns podcast (who to some extent helped with the case/investigation/was working as and with LE at the time or whatever) said that as far as he knew it wasn’t even really investigated where billy was, that Fred said he was in OK so that’s what they took as fact. (Nothing at all against Fred, who would have no reason to believe otherwise and traveling can be done quickly). I don’t have any inkling of what happened to her, but a lot of people say well if he wasn’t in Ok, I’d think he’d have done it. Well, who knows, really.
The calls from Br to Kates phone don’t really make sense to me.

Different case so this thread is not the right place to discuss it and also a very nasty one the vile murder of a lovely child. James Renner does seem to do a good job in keeping interest in the Amy Milhaljevic case going and is concerned about it and wants to see it solved. What I will say is in my opinion the people he has implicated as possible suspects in the case are not likely to be the actual offender. Thanks

I find it odd that in the Guy Paradee interview on Erinns podcast (who to some extent helped with the case/investigation/was working as and with LE at the time or whatever) said that as far as he knew it wasn’t even really investigated where billy was, that Fred said he was in OK so that’s what they took as fact. (Nothing at all against Fred, who would have no reason to believe otherwise and traveling can be done quickly). I don’t have any inkling of what happened to her, but a lot of people say well if he wasn’t in Ok, I’d think he’d have done it. Well, who knows, really.
The calls from Br to Kates phone don’t really make sense to me.

Guy also said Rick Forcier said he had sex with Maura in his trailer, yet LE somehow couldn't get a warrant for his trailer? Not to mention he said Rick said that to police and media yet media didn't report that bombshell anywhere? Sorry, i don't find Guy credible at all. Phone and Flight Records show Bill was in Fort Sill Oklahoma at the time of the crash on 9th February, he flew out in the morning of the 11th arriving in Haverhill that night and started searching the next morning of the 12th. No one i've spoke to or read who believes he did this disputes that it's after he arrives 3 days later (well two days but i don't think he really had the opportunity until the next morning) they think he may have done it.

Anyway, like i said Bill is clearly a bad person who has given people every reason to suspect him so i don't blame anyone for doing so. Personally i just don't find it believable considering the circumstances. If i'm wrong then hopefully they get him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny