NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was already posted - and also sorry to bother you all because I'm almost 100% sure this has nothing to do with this case, BUT just in case(!) - I just read an article showing a human skull has been found in Blandford, Massachusetts:

State police investigating after human skull found in woods

The ONLY reason I am even bringing this up here is according to her Wikipedia entry "3 months prior to her disappearance Maura admitted to using a stolen credit card to order food from several restaurants, including one in Hadley, Mass". When checking google maps Hadley is only about 45 minutes from Blandford. Was she familiar with that area?

Just one of those things that make me go "hmmmm".

Disappearance of Maura Murray - Wikipedia

Sorry if this was already posted - and also sorry to bother you all because I'm almost 100% sure this has nothing to do with this case, BUT just in case(!) - I just read an article showing a human skull has been found in Blandford, Massachusetts:

State police investigating after human skull found in woods

The ONLY reason I am even bringing this up here is according to her Wikipedia entry "3 months prior to her disappearance Maura admitted to using a stolen credit card to order food from several restaurants, including one in Hadley, Mass". When checking google maps Hadley is only about 45 minutes from Blandford. Was she familiar with that area?

Just one of those things that make me go "hmmmm".

Disappearance of Maura Murray - Wikipedia

Seems a lot more likely to be Milton Eldredge, who lived on the road where the skull was found.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

A few weeks ago people were hinting at some big news coming out about this case was that all just a big false alarm ?
Where did you hear it at? If it was from one of the random podcasts they have out there good chance it was just people fabricating things. Unless it comes out of official news channels take what you hear with a huge grain of salt.

I’m curious now too if there was new news. I never heard or seen anything though.

I'm sure since no one seems to know anything about this it wasn't anything significant. Probably just something that some random youtuber said. Infact they might just be bringing up the news leading up to the dig that they did many months back.

A few weeks ago people were hinting at some big news coming out about this case was that all just a big false alarm ?

It was about Bill Rausch's case, apparently he called one of his victims Maura while strangling her. Also Erin Larkin is apparently a character witness for Bill in his case according to Renner but she's denying it on Twitter and we're waiting for the transcripts. Whole lotta drama, check the Reddit sub on Maura if you're interested as that's pretty much all they're talking about.

Personally i think it's all one big red herring. Bill is clearly a bad person and if Maura had went missing say at UMass while Bill was there he'd be my #1 suspect but under the circumstances i don't think he was involved, i think he was likely a major part of her going on the trip in the first place but i don't think he killed her. We have to assume she didn't contact anyone for 3 days after the crash until he got to NH then he snuck away and killed her and hid her body while everyone including him were searching for her.

Oh also that Scott Wahl guy who runs the Maura Murray Facebook page was charged with downloading massive amounts of child *advertiser censored* before he got involved with Maura's case. He said it was his son and got away with it. That just came out recently. Crazy how many shady people have involved themselves in this case.

Shouldn't be that surprising considering it is 'True Crime'. Of course not everyone is going to be like that but True Crime definitely will attract people who are only a couple steps away from committing crimes themselves (or have committed crimes themselves already).

Shouldn't be that surprising considering it is 'True Crime'. Of course not everyone is going to be like that but True Crime definitely will attract people who are only a couple steps away from committing crimes themselves (or have committed crimes themselves already).

Sure in regards to Scott Wahl since he has zero connection to the case or anyone in it. But i was also referring to Erin who went to school with Maura (although i don't think she knew her that well), was friends with Maura's friend Kate and worked the same security job, and Bill Rausch who was Maura's boyfriend. Both of them have reasons to be involved with this case outside of an interest in true crime so it is interesting that they are shady. To be fair to Erin "shady" is probably harsh waiting for the transcripts to see if Renner or her is telling the truth but it is troubling that she's defending both Bill and Scott considering what they are accused of and there's also rumours that i won't go into since it's against the rules here about her. Of course i don't just believe rumours but there seems to be some credence to them.

Anyway i didn't say i was baffled by it, "crazy" was just another way of saying interesting.

Sure in regards to Scott Wahl since he has zero connection to the case or anyone in it. But i was also referring to Erin who went to school with Maura (although i don't think she knew her that well), was friends with Maura's friend Kate and worked the same security job, and Bill Rausch who was Maura's boyfriend. Both of them have reasons to be involved with this case outside of an interest in true crime so it is interesting that they are shady. To be fair to Erin "shady" is probably harsh waiting for the transcripts to see if Renner or her is telling the truth but it is troubling that she's defending both Bill and Scott considering what they are accused of and there's also rumours that i won't go into since it's against the rules here about her. Of course i don't just believe rumours but there seems to be some credence to them.

Anyway i didn't say i was baffled by it, "crazy" was just another way of saying interesting.

People tend to run around with similar types of individuals. If there was one shady character in Maura's circle of friends (Bill Rausch) chances would be good there would be others as well. Some of them grow up and get out of those types of circles while others stay in those circles and walk the line of being in trouble their entire lives. We are talking about something that happened though when all these people were in their early twenties though.

People tend to run around with similar types of individuals. If there was one shady character in Maura's circle of friends (Bill Rausch) chances would be good there would be others as well. Some of them grow up and get out of those types of circles while others stay in those circles and walk the line of being in trouble their entire lives. We are talking about something that happened though when all these people were in their early twenties though.

Yeah, Erin was apparently not part of that group of friends though she was close to Kate but not Maura and she didn't know Bill. Maura wasn't that close to Kate from what i've read, they more ran in the same circles so ended up at parties together and stuff, they only knew each other for like a semester. Obviously Erin knows Bill now though and there's rumours about them knowing each other beforehand, rumours are all they are at this point though.

To nitpick i think Erin was 18-19 at the time, iirc she was a freshman, may be misremembering though.

Yeah, Erin was apparently not part of that group of friends though she was close to Kate but not Maura and she didn't know Bill. Maura wasn't that close to Kate from what i've read, they more ran in the same circles so ended up at parties together and stuff, they only knew each other for like a semester. Obviously Erin knows Bill now though and there's rumours about them knowing each other beforehand, rumours are all they are at this point though.

To nitpick i think Erin was 18-19 at the time, iirc she was a freshman, may be misremembering though.

Sounds a lot like my circle of friends when I was in college. I didn't necessarily consider all of them that good of friends but we had a common interest in going out and partying so we ended up being involved in the same circles. A lot of it was in order to get rides to places. I tended to stay away though from the people who towed so close to the line that they got in trouble with the cops from time to time.

Sounds a lot like my circle of friends when I was in college. I didn't necessarily consider all of them that good of friends but we had a common interest in going out and partying so we ended up being involved in the same circles. A lot of it was in order to get rides to places. I tended to stay away though from the people who towed so close to the line that they got in trouble with the cops from time to time.

Yeah, sounds like that's what the situation was. At somewhere like college with large amounts of people and a party culture you usually end up associating with a lot of people, through this you gain your core group of friends i think that woman Liz (don't remember her last name) would fit into this for Maura, while you have "side friends" who you associate with because you end up at the same places and your friends are their friends, the sort of people you won't stay in touch with after college i believe that's what Kate and Sara were to Maura. In fact iirc she only first met Sara at that party the night of the first crash, think she already knew Kate though. Erin wasn't even in that scene she was friends with Kate but was younger and hung out with her own crowd. That's what i've got from what i've read anyway, obviously i have no idea how their group dynamic was.

Really? MOO

Really? MOO

Honestly, i have to agree with him after following so many cases and reading true crime forums, there's quite a few unsavoury and unstable people with an interest in true crime. I mean it's not notable there's unsavoury and unstable people in every community there just may be more with True Crime considering the subject. There's plenty of great people too who are mainly concerned with justice for the victims and their families.

Yeah, sounds like that's what the situation was. At somewhere like college with large amounts of people and a party culture you usually end up associating with a lot of people, through this you gain your core group of friends i think that woman Liz (don't remember her last name) would fit into this for Maura, while you have "side friends" who you associate with because you end up at the same places and your friends are their friends, the sort of people you won't stay in touch with after college i believe that's what Kate and Sara were to Maura. In fact iirc she only first met Sara at that party the night of the first crash, think she already knew Kate though. Erin wasn't even in that scene she was friends with Kate but was younger and hung out with her own crowd. That's what i've got from what i've read anyway, obviously i have no idea how their group dynamic was.

Yeah college is a very crazy time and a social circle tends to be a very broad term. It's kind of like a real life version of facebook. For most people probably 90-95% of the 'friends' they have on facebook aren't really legit friends. They are really just people that they know or knew at one time. There are many people that I just went to a party with on two or three different occasions that I in no way could even tell you what their name is these days. All I could do was give a description of their face and that I hung out with them once. It gets really crazy when you start dealing with male/female friendships because sometimes they start becoming attracted to eachother (nothing at all wrong with it as long as you make sure it is a 100% consensual). There was this one situation when one of my friends knocked on my door when I was just getting up and asked if I would hang out with this one girl today (who lived off campus) so she would stop bugging him and he could hang out with someone else. I did and all I could tell you about her now was that she had red hair and we messed around a bit that day. That was the only day I was ever around her and that is all I could tell you about her now. But officially or unofficially she would be in my circle of friends.

Last edited:
Honestly, i have to agree with him after following so many cases and reading true crime forums, there's quite a few unsavoury and unstable people with an interest in true crime. I mean it's not notable there's unsavoury and unstable people in every community there just may be more with True Crime considering the subject. There's plenty of great people too who are mainly concerned with justice for the victims and their families.
Yea as long as it’s clarified I can say I agree, but let’s not start labeling all true crime fans into one category. It’s discriminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member