NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually said i personally have ruled out the A-Frame haha, i understand that others haven't though that's fine, it's just my opinion. I think the fact that they did a search of the grounds when she went missing and turned up nothing is part of the reason he didn't expect to find anything, also possibly that there's some other suspect or scenario completely unrelated to the A-Frame where they have evidence but not enough to bring charges or at least very strong reason to suspect it. Didn't they search the grounds of all of the houses in the immediate area? Was likely to corroborate the witness testimonies that Maura didn't go to their houses as they were obviously all questioned and said she didn't come to their home.

Sorry I miss read that. Isn't the A frame where they found blood in the closet?

As I recall I don't think Rick would let them search his property. I remember when he moved his trailer they ended up stopping it on the road and searched it then because it was considered some type of vehicle and was not on his property.

I think knowing what we know about Bill now gives a different perspective of their relationship. It also adds a reason she needed to get away. Someone can be emotionally abusive from a distance. She could have gotten into a car thinking she already is dealing with one awful man, what are the chances of meeting another? They are probably higher than people realize.

Drunk, shaken up from the crash, emotional and mental instablity, desperate to get away from the area quickly to avoid a DUI are all things Maura could have been at the time of her disappearance and yeah in that state of mind she could have made a bad decision and entered a car. I personally lean to that most with exposure second. It's a baffling case though and i've changed my mind on a lot of things.

Drunk, shaken up from the crash, emotional and mental instablity, desperate to get away from the area quickly to avoid a DUI are all things Maura could have been at the time of her disappearance and yeah in that state of mind she could have made a bad decision and entered a car. I personally lean to that most with exposure second. It's a baffling case though and i've changed my mind on a lot of things.

People that get lost in wilderness or die of exposure often get farther than anyone predicts.

Here's as far a I can tell a coincidence. There is a guy who lives in Amhurst who went to UMASS with the same exact name of one of the residents of that house.

When I first came across this info I was thinking holy s$%t did Maura actually make it to the place she wanted to go all along? I thought maybe she overshot the house and in an attempt to stop too quick she spun around and wrecked.

Last edited:
Sorry I miss read that. Isn't the A frame where they found blood in the closet?

As I recall I don't think Rick would let them search his property. I remember when he moved his trailer they ended up stopping it on the road and searched it then because it was considered some type of vehicle and was not on his property.

Rick didn't own the A-Frame and isn't the suspect tied to it unless i'm mixed up. Claude Moulton who was renting the house at the time and whose brother gave Fred the knife is the suspect tied to the A-Frame.

Rick didn't own the A-Frame and isn't the suspect tied to it unless i'm mixed up. Claude Moulton who was renting the house at the time and whose brother gave Fred the knife is the suspect tied to the A-Frame.

Yes that is my understanding too. Rick lived right across the street from Butch about exactly where the dog stopped.

People that get lost in wilderness or die of exposure often get farther than anyone predicts.

And often people who died of exposure not far from where they went missing aren't found for very long times. It's difficult to find someone in the woods, there's good arguments against that theory though that makes me lean towards her getting into a car and being harmed more.

Here's as far a I can tell a coincidence. There is a guy who lives in Amhurst who went to UMASS with the same exact name of one of the residents of that house.

When I first came across this info I was thinking holy s$%t did Maura actually make it to the place she wanted to go all along? I thought maybe she overshot the house and in an attempt to stop too quick she spun around and wrecked.

That's weird. Is it an uncommon name? Surely his name is not Claude Moulton? I'm guessing you mean the actual owners or the later owners of the house. I'm sure it's a coincidence anyway but it's definitely weird.

Yes that is my understanding too. Rick lived right across the street from Butch about exactly where the dog stopped.

Yeah early on i suspected Rick. He was the one who said he saw her jogging and LE didn't believe him, plus he apparently was telling people around the area that he saw her before telling LE. Think his statements were inconsistent too. Now i think he was just a local weirdo and probably made up seeing her for attention. Have always found the way LE searched his trailer interesting though.

Not sure about cold, but I know that it definitely applies in the desert. I've read accounts of what happens to people in the desert, it sucks and it's sad.

Usually they get terribly disoriented, and eventually die after walking in circles.

Here is another page with some useful information about the case:

What Her Family Thinks Happened
Maura’s older sister Julie was very close to Maura. Julie told Oxygen News that her last conversation with her sister, 2 days prior, was about her upcoming trip to Myrtle Beach during spring break. When asked why Maura would leave school and potentially drive to the White Mountains, Julie's response was, “My guess would be to take a couple of days and clear her head but it doesn’t make sense to go up there alone.”

Maura’s father Fred thinks something bad happened to his daughter. He emotionally told investigative journalist Maggie Freleng his theory. “A guy grabbed her walking down the road and killed her. Probably that night.” He said his one wish is that he could just see her one last time. “I think she was really upset about something and drove there. I don’t know why she went,” said Fred.

Fred went on to describe his daughter as pleasant and funny. She was determined even as a little girl and a straight-A student. Now, over 15 years later, her father remains most determined to find her.

Whereabouts Unknown: The Disappearance of Maura Murray

When I saw this on Disappeared it seemed she disappeared from a desolated road. But there were houses around?

Yeah looking at that entire area and seeing how dense the forest is if someone tried to go in there (especially at night) and got a little disoriented they may never be found.

It really makes me wonder how thorough these searches are. I can't believe there are so many missing people. Seems the world is completely inhabited and covered with human traffic anymore. Where are all the bodies?

It really makes me wonder how thorough these searches are. I can't believe there are so many missing people. Seems the world is completely inhabited and covered with human traffic anymore. Where are all the bodies?

Oh there are still far far more widespread areas of unpopulated areas in the world than there are populated areas. People generally just stick with the populated areas and don't venture too far out into these countrysides. That's how so many hikers go missing. Sure on rare occasions there may be people that get kidnapped or taken by someone out in those areas but more times than not the hikers disappear because they decided to explore out into areas they weren't supposed to explore and wind up getting lost and/or hurt.

In this day and age, with social media, cameras and cell phones everywhere, I can’t believe she is still alive. Someone would have outed her.

I still believe she met with foul play. She wrecked the car, she was scared and ran down the road. It was cold and she got exhausted. Finally she stopped running and a car pulled up...

“Can I give you a lift?” Tired, scared, exhausted, drunk, I think she made a terrible choice. She was murdered and buried. IMHO.
Some time ago a drunk driver crashed near to where I live , he couldn't negotiate the hard turn and crashed into a utility pole. After the crash I as well as neighbors saw him running away from the crash and frantically asking people to give him a ride out of there. No one wanted to intervene and he kept running out of the neighborhood. It's plausible Maura panicked and ran out of there and asked a passing car for a ride. But what I don't understand if that is the case why hasn't that person/party come forward, besides Maura has the kind of face that you don't forget.

Some time ago a drunk driver crashed near to where I live , he couldn't negotiate the hard turn and crashed into a utility pole. After the crash I as well as neighbors saw him running away from the crash and frantically asking people to give him a ride out of there. No one wanted to intervene and he kept running out of the neighborhood. It's plausible Maura panicked and ran out of there and asked a passing car for a ride. But what I don't understand if that is the case why hasn't that person/party come forward, besides Maura has the kind of face that you don't forget.

Being the person admitting that they were the last person to see someone alive is a very good way to draw a lot of attention to yourself, attention that may be unwanted even if you are innocent of anything involving Ms. Murray.

Yeah just think of it like this. Say someone picked her up without any nefarious intentions at all and either took her to where she wanted to go or took her back to their place to give her a place to sleep that night. Next morning she goes on her merry way and whatever happened to her happened after she left the person. If you were that person in that type of scenario would you want to say anything about it knowing full well you would become a key person of interest no matter if you had anything to do with it or not?

Many years ago when I was living in some apartments I came home from a night out with some friends and there was this teenage girl lying passed out on the porch I shared with my neighbor. She was my neighbors daughter and my neighbor was gone for the night so she didn't have anywhere to go but fall asleep drunk on the porch in front of her moms door. I let her in my place and just gave her a place to sleep that night and she left the next morning. Later on though when I told my dad about it he said although it may seem mean to do it in those type of situations it really is best just to leave the person there and don't get yourself involved. As all it would take would be something to happen to her or her to lie about something and you'll potentially find yourself in a bunch of crap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members