NH NH - Missing young women in NH

Just Twenty minutes west of Maura Murrays accident in NH, in VT, ten years earlier, Audrey Groat
Disappeared 8/21/93 from Northfield VT Park and Ride.

Groat disappeared on 08-21-93 at 8: pm from the Northfield Park and Ride, off exit 7, off of I-89. After a day of shopping in Burlington VT, her friend had left her off at the Park and Ride where Groat had parked her car. In the following days her car was recovered and her purse found in nearby bushes. At the time she was a 41 years old, mother of six children. white female, five foot six inches tall, 120 pounds with dyed blond hair and blue eyes. She resided in Northfield at the time of her disappearance. Her disappearance was extremely suspicious. She has been missing for eleven years and is presumed deceased.

Jessica Ann Capille

Missing from Manchester or up north Bethlehem NH?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?

Some reports have Jessica missing from Manchester NH, some other have her missing from Bethlehem NH..which is it?..I mean, Bethlehem NH and Manchester NH are 60-70 miles apart, Manchester is Urban/Bethlehem is very Rural...if she is missing from Bethlehem, then that puts her in the same section of woods (Northeast Kingdom) as Brianna Maitland and Maura Murray right?

You guys are giving me the willies! My son attends school in New Hampshire, and I drive through the Manchester/Nashua/Concord corridor on a very regular basis! New England always seems so safe--I never associate it with this type of crime. Some years Vermont has no murders at all. This could be one guy operating over a 35 year period...like BTK.

pugsley said:
I have no clue where that purple face came from. It was suppose to be a parenthsis.

Good thing it was frowning and not smiling.
Lol! At least you interjected some humor for me into this gruesome topic!:)

more info and awareness that are posted here may possibly save someone in the future

You guys are giving me the willies! My son attends school in New Hampshire, and I drive through the Manchester/Nashua/Concord corridor on a very regular basis!

But what really gets me about all of these cases is that LE does NOT seem to realize that some of them bear eerie similarities-and have not apparently acted in a manner that seems reasonable(like creating a task force to deal with these crimes!)One of the reasons that serial killers are able to get away with their deeds for so long is that they count on different LE entities not to cooperate with each other(its that territorial mentality)and they act within a certain area but make their area wide enough that multiple jurisdictions are usually involved.

Morag, if this post makes you take even one extra precaution while you are driving in this area, I will feel that something has been accomplished.

Gate...exactly...it is actually safer here than many places, excercising simple precaution and awareness ANYWHERE is a good idea.

And remember-Panic can act like a rollercoaster on the psyche, look at NYC when Son of sam was on the loose, or the Hillside Strangler in CA...some of our worse fears snowball and are of our own making or imagining.

We all have inner "alarm bells", some hear and amplify them, it is not bad, its simple human survival instinct at work.

The danger around here is this northern VT/NH....if, emphasis on IF....if something happens to you, it is indeed rural, less possible witnesses.

In an city or urban seting there are usually more people around, thats why cases in urban areas are resolved.

Boxerz said:
Gate...exactly...it is actually safer here than many places, excercising simple precaution and awareness ANYWHERE is a good idea.

And remember-Panic can act like a rollercoaster on the psyche, look at NYC when Son of sam was on the loose, or the Hillside Strangler in CA...some of our worse fears snowball and are of our own making or imagining.

We all have inner "alarm bells", some hear and amplify them, it is not bad, its simple human survival instinct at work.

The danger around here is this northern VT/NH....if, emphasis on IF....if something happens to you, it is indeed rural, less possible witnesses.

In an city or urban seting there are usually more people around, thats why cases in urban areas are resolved.
I agree Boxerz, it is safer here than most places. And you hit the nail right on the head about witnesses too.
If something happens to you here, there are just not a lot of people around to witness or to help....your on your own.
I just drove the 18 miles to work, through two towns.....and I didn't see a single soul or sign of one. It's prime ground for someone who's inclined to do bad things.

Finding a legacy for one victim
http://unionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=53785

[font=times, serif]Manchester Deputy Police Chief Richard O’Leary on Friday told the Sunday News that Amie Riley’s murder remains very much an open, active case. And he said the investigators working on it have stayed in touch with her family. [/font] [font=times, serif]“Quite simply, their daughter is a human being, and as far as our investigators, she’s not going to disappear.” [/font]

[font=times, serif]“She will not be forgotten,” he said. “And it’s progressing slowly, but I can assure you slow progress is better than no progress.” [/font]

[font=times, serif]“Is this impossible to solve? Absolutely not. Are we hopeful? Absolutely,” O’Leary said. [/font]

[font=times, serif]And Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the homicide unit for the Attorney General’s office, said two prosecutors from that office are assigned to the Riley investigation, which he said is ongoing. [/font]

[font=times, serif]“With this type of case, the public doesn’t see the work that’s being done, but Manchester is doing a lot of work on this case and they have done a lot of work,” Strelzin said. “They’re moving forward on the case, but we’re not at the stage to make an arrest.” [/font]
[...]
[font=times, serif]State Sen. Jack Barnes, R-Raymond, agreed to sponsor Senate Bill 46, which calls for police to file a missing persons report in the NCIC computerized database immediately under certain conditions. Among them: [/font]

[font=times, serif]¤ the person missing is disabled or senile and thus could be a danger to himself or others;
¤
[/font][font=times, serif]circumstances indicate the disappearance may not be voluntary;
¤
[/font][font=times, serif]after a catastrophe; or,
¤
[/font][font=times, serif]when there is “reasonable concern” for the person’s safety.

[/font][font=times, serif]The bill passed the Senate last month. After a hearing on April 12 before the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee, the measure was sent to a subcommittee, which began working on it last week.[/font]

gatetrekker44 said:
Morag, if this post makes you take even one extra precaution while you are driving in this area, I will feel that something has been accomplished.

Thanks for your concern--I am probably in more danger from my bat out of hell driving style than I am from a serial killer!
The (seemingly) similar cases over a 25 year period would be an interesting case for a journalist to pursue--would anyone mind if I sent these summaries to a New Hampshire newsperson?

That would be great Morag, but i have tried numerous times..i have found that some news agencies in VT and NH do not like to talk about the missing and unsolved too much...

And why? You might wonder.

Because one news guy came out and told me this "we have to consider our sponsors first". In other words....Many of the major money sponsors of newspapers, etc, in VT and NH are tourism based, ski areas, lakes region attractions, Fall foliage tours, real estate agencies that specialize in seasonal homes and rental properties. The kinds of businesses that are easily effected by such publicity.

So i went higher, went to Fox, CNN...but the missing and unsolved cases are so long, to detail even half of them might take more than an hour program.

At one time, Lifetime TV and NBC considered doing a TV movie, based on Ginsburgs Book, "The Shadow Of Death" but it was too long and complicated to fit into 2 hours, minus commercials.

Morag said:
--would anyone mind if I sent these summaries to a New Hampshire newsperson?
Morag, how sweet of you to ask if anyone would mind.....but none of us should mind because we all need to choose the "right" course of action, not the "pleasing" course of action........

If this situation concerns us, until we are convinced of positive action on behalf of LE, we should all contact the NH LE and news media on a regular basis.

I know of two newspapers in NH who carried the Maura Murray story that were concerned about taking a stand *against* the action of NH SP because NH LE would not continue to call them with news tips and updates about other crimes.......news is their business.....if they don't get it first, they are out of business........

This brings one back to choosing the "right" action, not the "pleasing" action. It takes courage to do the "right" thing.

Boxerz,

Your map is very helpful to get a sense of where these people have disappeared or been murdered. You must have spent a long time researching this information. Thank you for sharing this with the forum.

boxerz, what a dedicated job you are doing. looking at those maps makes one begin to wonder about the person that caused so many heartaches for families. somewhere out there and maybe even within view of your map the perps. are there. I don't know a lot of the vermont and new hampshire police depts. but have read a lot of post for maury, and makes me wonder if the mickey mouse club could do a better job on these missing persons cases. someone knows something about maury, I have a strong insite that the person responsible for maurys disappearence, that the police has talked to him not knowing of his involvement. maybe they will come back across it.

Thanks...i kind of had to get the 35,000 feet, overhead perspective myself....of the problem here in NH, especialy of unsolved homicides...as well as missing persons, missing under ususual circumstances.

As you can see from the unsolved homicides..its more than what i had originally thought, say a year ago...BTW...that's not all of them either, i missed quite a few, ten or so...i realize now as i have reviewed notes.

And yeah its exhausting too to think of all of this heartache, too, for other people, the dozens and dozens of families have been turned upside down and disrupted...I thought quite a lot about that as i was making the maps.

Hello...

I have been reading your posts about missing NH women.

The family and friends of Tina and Bethany Sinclair, missing from West Chesterfield, NH for four years, have created a new website, you may already have visited.

But, we would like to extend the invitation for you to visit the site.

New information/details have been released that the public has not been aware of until now.

Thank you for allowing me to post here at your site....I try not to spam any sites just for the advertising purposes.

Sincerely,
Leneonme48@msn.com (Admin./friend of Sharon Garry's-Tina's sister/Bethany's aunt)

Our site URL is:
http://p066.ezboard.com/bstartingwithsinclair

*You don't have to be a member to post.

Hi Lene,
I've been to your website before & had familiarized myself with Tina & Bethany's case. You seem to *know* what happened to them, yes?

Do you think V may have something to do with these mysterious disappearances/murders of other young women in NH/VT?

Boxerz said:
With some frustration of the lack of press coverage and followup on unsolved homicides and missing persons in VT and NH, i decided to start a site.....its still well under construction, but published and accessible, when i am not working on it....

http://community.webtv.net/SilkyBoxerz/MissingPersons/
Great, thank you! Mapping them out is important, and I think some people need to see that sometimes before it dawns on them that something's up.

I know you said it's under construction, but don't forget Amie Lynn Riley- she'd go on your unsolved homicide list between #52 Louise Chaput and #53 Christina Lunceford. :)

What dedication and determination you have! Being fairly new at tracking info of this type, I am awed by the methodical approach you have shown towards getting this info out there in a format that even LE agencies should be able to understand! I hope some of them out there are taking a good, hard look at your work-then maybe some real live detective work will be forthcoming! Bless you Boxerz, for all your hard work-I hope it pays off in BIG dividends!

Bring Maura home!

Is there any forensic evidence, or any evidence at all conecting any of these crimes to each other?

Are all of the "missing women" victims of a "serial killer"?

Are they all victims of a crime?

Anything ?????

Same fibres, M.O. weapon, cause of death, evidence, location, anything at all??????

i don't see how any of these cases are related except that they happened in the Vermont/New Hamsphire area over the last 20-30 years and that they are unsolved.

You have to look at facts that are the same, and I don't see it.

Different location, different ages, different methods of death, different circumstances, extremely different years, different weapons.

What is the same about these unsolved murders that lead people to the conclusion that a specific serial killer(s) is/are responsible for all of this crime over these many years.

So a women was murdered in 1993, 20 minutes away from where Maura had her "accident".

So?????????

Serial Killers tend to kill very similar type of people, that fulfills the "fantasy" they have.

They also don't usually vary in the method of killing because it is linked to the "fantasy".

It is ritualized fantasy.

I don't see how these are related except for the fact that they were murders in the New Hampshire and Vermont Area spanning a time frame of many, many years.

Which in the States (any state) is not unusual.

Tell me what is the same about these murders, all of the victims and I will analyze it.

You can enter information into VICAP to see if the circumstances and evidence of murders are somehow connected. This would be nationwide.

It would be very unusual for them to change methology of their crimes and the victimology of their "victims".

The reason the Hillside Strangler(s) was identified as such (serial killers) was because of all of the similiarities in various seemingly unconnected murders.

Tell me what is the same about all of the unsolved murders in New Hampshire and Vermont. Tell me what is the same about the "missing women" and I will take a look at that also.

In the City where I live, which has a population of 4-5 million, we had 56 murders last year.

Please.....were all of those related to each other also because all of the people were murdered in the same City.

That would be No.

The movie the Vanishing is a work of fiction the writer of this movie is Tom Krabbe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back