NH - Pamela Smart, Billy Flynn, in the murder of Greg Smart, 1990 *Guilty*

I think he should be released, if his prison record is clean. He was full of remorse from the time of the trial, whereas she has done nothing but lie, deny and minimize. I hope she never gets out. This guy has served over twenty years, hasn't he? More like twenty-five?

I think he should be released, if his prison record is clean. He was full of remorse from the time of the trial, whereas she has done nothing but lie, deny and minimize. I hope she never gets out. This guy has served over twenty years, hasn't he? More like twenty-five?

I agree with you! Having watched the HBO show recently, I'm still sickened by her. She takes no responsibility at all. If not for her, the boys wouldn't have killed Mr. Smart. Of course, they deserved very harsh punishments, but I believe it's time.

I just read that this Thurs. is Billy Flynn's first attempt at parole. It will take place with him in the prison and the parole board wherever they are. It will be on the phone? If it is granted it would not be before June 5. The board has to approve any post-release plan.

Brother of Pamela Smart's victim: Killer ‘did his time’

<snip> The older brother of Gregory Smart &#8212; the young Derry, N.H., husband murdered by his wife Pamela&#8217;s teenage lover 25 years ago &#8212; tells the Herald the convicted killer has paid for his crime and deserves a chance at parole to redeem himself.

<snip> &#8220;She took it really hard, as my father did,&#8221; Rick Smart said of his late mother&#8217;s loss. Despite his grief, his father also thought Flynn should be released after turning 40, Rick Smart said.

https://www.bostonherald.com/news_o...r_of_pamela_smarts_victim_killer_did_his_time

Brother of Pamela Smart's victim: Killer &#8216;did his time&#8217;

<snip> The older brother of Gregory Smart &#8212; the young Derry, N.H., husband murdered by his wife Pamela&#8217;s teenage lover 25 years ago &#8212; tells the Herald the convicted killer has paid for his crime and deserves a chance at parole to redeem himself.

<snip> &#8220;She took it really hard, as my father did,&#8221; Rick Smart said of his late mother&#8217;s loss. Despite his grief, his father also thought Flynn should be released after turning 40, Rick Smart said.

https://www.bostonherald.com/news_o...r_of_pamela_smarts_victim_killer_did_his_time

thank you for this link...........this speaks volumes to me, i always look to the victim's family for guidance in these matters.......i too believe he deserves a chance at a life outside prison......

as for pamela............may she rot.......:jail:

Pamela Smart Murder Case Gunman Granted Parole

A New Hampshire man has been granted parole nearly 25 years after he gunned down the husband of his instructor and lover, Pamela Smart, in a case that attracted global attention.

William Flynn was 16-year-old "Billy" in 1990 when he and three friends carried out what prosecutors said was Pamela Smart's plot to murder Gregg Smart. He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to 28 years to life in prison, minus time served before trial.

http://www.necn.com/news/new-englan...ase-Gunman-Facing-Parole-Board-296031351.html

Can't believe its been 25 years. :eek:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-29...-parole-25-years-encouraged-kill-husband.html

William 'Billy' Flynn was granted parole by a three-person board in New Hampshire on Thursday - his 41st birthday

I will say this... the surviving members of the Smart family are more forgiving than I could ever be.
Greg was murdered while on his knees, begging for his life.
Even at 15, B. Flynn should have known right from wrong.

However there are probably more dangerous criminals out there and letting Flynn out is the lesser of two evils. I doubt he will be a danger to society any more. And he will have to live with this hanging over his head until he dies ; not to mention it will have an effect on his future employment.

Trying to find the tiniest thread of compassion. Also recall the phrase, "There, but for the grace of God, go I..."
:moo:

Rest in peace, Gregory. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/12/pamela-smart-billy-flynn-parole/70200658/

Flynn has married, earned a GED and studied to become an electrician while in prison. He was moved in recent months to a minimum security prison in Maine as part of a work-release program. He spoke at his hearing via phone from that prison.

Jeffrey Lyons, spokesman for the New Hampshire Department of Corrections, said two members of Greg Smart's family attended the hearing, reading a statement discussing how much they missed their brother. Lyons said the family appeared to accept the decision.

Flynn has been working at an undisclosed job and plans on living in Maine upon his release.

(more at link)

It was probably time. He was not even done growing up when Pam ruined his life.

I'm in NH. The murder took place in a town 20 minutes from me. The trial was quite the sensation here at the time, and the majority of the population was talking about it or watching it as it was held.

I am all for the parole. He was just a kid, who didn't think about the future, only the present, and unfortunately let his hormones think for him instead of his brain. He is now 41, and honestly feels remorse for his actions. I imagine he just wants to blend in and live a quiet life. I wish him luck.

Now that you mention it, 41-year-old men are pretty famous for thinking with their hormones, too.

But I pray and expect that won't be the case with Flynn.

Wow cannot believe it has been 25 yrs!! Holy Moly!! What a classy family they are to wish him the best, and to do something w his life.

We are getting old. lol 25 yrs ago :thinking:

From an article about his release:

A spokeswoman for Pamela Smart, who was transferred in March 1993 to the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for women, told the AP that Smart took no position on Flynn's parole bid but hopes she ultimately gets the same chance at freedom.

I'm not understanding why she would think she could be released when she was sentenced to life without possibility of parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/12/teen-killer-pamela-smart-lover-is-granted-parole/

She isnt going to see freedom unless she gets a commutation of her sentence or pardon from the Governor. I don't see that happening. I would agree with some of the posts above about how classy and strong the victim's family is. I hope Flynn can do something constructive with his life still.

She isnt going to see freedom unless she gets a commutation of her sentence or pardon from the Governor. I don't see that happening. I would agree with some of the posts above about how classy and strong the victim's family is. I hope Flynn can do something constructive with his life still.

Yeah, I just did some googling and found that her attorneys have tried to get around the sentence. There is a web site in support of her. Of course, Mom and Dad completely believe in her innocence and bemoan the travesty of justice which put an innocent woman in jail. I guess she has a fair amount of supporters who believe a 16 year old boy murdered his teacher's husband without her support or knowledge.

Bet Ms. Pamela is not happy about the parole! May jealousy consume her!

From an article about his release:

I'm not understanding why she would think she could be released when she was sentenced to life without possibility of parole.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/12/teen-killer-pamela-smart-lover-is-granted-parole/

Because she's a narcissistic, vengeful woman? She'll never step up and take responsibility and Flynn did so. I have to wonder how many young men landed in prison decades ago because they were manipulated by a woman. Our corrections philosophy needs to be equal opportunity.

JMO

Because she's a narcissistic, vengeful woman? She'll never step up and take responsibility and Flynn did so. I have to wonder how many young men landed in prison decades ago because they were manipulated by a woman. Our corrections philosophy needs to be equal opportunity.

JMO

Narcissist or sociopath are both possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
She-Ra
Back