Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they kick a 17 year old girl out of the house and then don't report her missing for 40 years?
They had a timeline on a screen that simply said she was asked to leave in 1982, I never heard any details on it or if she was reported missing.

Anecdotally though, I was told to leave as a 17 year old too by my mother and she didn't contact me for 2 weeks to find out where I was. I was in a dingy homeless flat. At that age I thought I was mature enough to care for myself but now I see how vulnerable I was.

So they kick a 17 year old girl out of the house and then don't report her missing for 40 years?

I think this is backstory for many of us on here -- the world was a different place back then. Mine was the if-you-don't-want-to-follow-our-rules-you-can-leave experience, so 3 days before I graduated from high school I packed my stuff and went. In some families, hard feelings last a lifetime.

Can't believe this day came! RIP Dawn. I always strongly felt Kinlaw was the perp. So glad they finally charged this sick, worthless monster. Any info on how Arthur met her and how long she lived after being forced to leave home? Still catching up. TIA

Can't believe this day came! RIP Dawn. I always strongly felt Kinlaw was the perp. So glad they finally charged this sick, worthless monster. Any info on how Arthur met her and how long she lived after being forced to leave home? Still catching up. TIA
She was asked to leave home in 1982 and found in July of that same year. I'm guessing it was at least springtime when she was asked to leave... so imo she didn't live long after leaving home. I am curious as to why she was "asked to leave". I really don't have any right to know, but curious nonetheless. I wish things had worked out differently for her.

Rest peacefully now, Dawn.
Could anybody please tell me who the picture of is, in the photo of Dawn's grave a couple of pages back? I really recognise it, but can't place it.

She was Dawn Olanick, a 17-year-old from the Long Island town of West Babylon, New York.

They also announced charges against her alleged killer, Arthur Kinlaw, a 68-year-old man currently incarcerated in Sullivan County, New York, on two other first-degree murder convictions from 2000. Investigators now allege that Kinlaw tried to lure Olanick — Princess Doe — into prostitution, then, when she refused, drove here to New Jersey and killed her. The spot she was found was apparently random, though authorities are still trying to piece together parts of her last year alive.

State police said Kinlaw is serving a term of 20 years to life on his previous convictions. He could face another life sentence in New Jersey if convicted of first-degree murder in the Princess Doe case.

Kinlaw confessed to the Princess Doe slaying in written statements dating back to 2005, authorities revealed Friday. But the prosecutor said that determining the victim’s identity was crucial to assembling a solid case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay90