Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering Warren County's 'Princess Doe' 39 Years Later

princess-doe-grave-2019-blairstown-museum-67402842-2366775210256495-7127734867525107712-n___14112622561.jpg

It will be closing in on four decades on July 15, 2022, as the anniversary of the day an unidentified young woman's dead body with a badly bludgeoned and decomposing face mysteriously appeared in Blairstown's Cedar Ridge Cemetery.
---
"Next year will be 40 years since her body was discovered," said Jeanette Iurato, one of the founders of the Blairstown Museum, who helps to maintain Doe's gravesite. "I continue to hope and pray that one day her headstone will bear her real name."
---
As time marched on in 1982 and her body remained unclaimed in the morgue for six months into early 1983, the people of Blairstown pulled together their financial resources for a proper burial for the girl who they believed was possibly between the ages of 15 to 20. Today, she lays in eternal rest in the Cedar Ridge Cemetery, steps away from where her half-clothed body was found down a wooded embankment on that muggy, summer day.
---
In 2020, the police department received a tip from Iurato and other Blairstown Museum volunteers who found odd items in a box left behind at the grave, which were passed as well to the prosecutor's office for an investigation, Johnsen said.

"It's a high profile case and strange things can happen with it," Johnsen added. "We do follow every lead because you never know."
---
It was on Jan. 22, 1983 that a hearse slowly drove through the snow-covered Cedar Ridge Cemetery, carrying a grey-toned casket covered with a generous floral arrangement. Kranz was one of Doe's pallbearers.

"Dear God our heavenly Father, we gather here before you this afternoon to commit to your care a girl whose birth, life and death remain a mystery to all of us, though they are well known to you,"
---
In 2020, she also found in an online auction the identical skirt that Doe was found in. Though in the past programs with the Blairstown Museum Speirs said the skirt had been traced to a store in Long Island, the one Iurato purchased, which the seller had sold a number of them in the 1980s, was for sale at a flea market in the Poconos, not far from Blairstown.

It's from there that Iurato hopes perhaps Doe purchased it or it's where someone bought it for her.
---
At one of the museum's past memorial events, actress and director Kansas Bowling, who Iurato said has taken an interest in Doe's case and attended, told Iurato that she and director Quentin Tarantino offered to financially help with DNA testing. Obtaining usable DNA from Doe, as well as with the processes as they are now, has remained a difficulty.

Link - Remembering Warren County's 'Princess Doe' 39 Years Later

Edit to add: Anyone know what they are talking about in last paragraph? Is there some difficulty with her DNA? Or? (Edit to add: No need to answer, I have just seen that yes, there are issues with new extractions of hers and Tiger lady DNA as per posts on previous 2 pages)

Would someone be kind to also post here her full rule outs list please?
I am finally posting something that has been lurking in the shadows of my mind ever since I started following the case of Princess Doe. This post about her skirt, has finally nudged me to mention this here. I was 17 y/o when Princess Doe died, so this case has always had a special meaning to me since I would have been about her age. My godmother lived in New Hope, PA and occasionally my friends and I would go up to walk around the shops there. At the time, they had a lot of shops that catered toward the "weed smoker-types" - black-light posters, feather roach clips, pipes, moccasins, etc - and skirts like the one worn by Princess Doe. I cannot say that this particular skirt (or even the same pattern) was sold in New Hope, but I can say that these types of skirts were sold there and that I have had this "almost-memory" flittering around the edges of mind since the day (many years ago) that I first read about Princess Doe and saw a picture of the skirt. I have been hesitant to say anything because it's not a truly solid memory and I wouldn't want to send someone on a path that has no basis. But it has been haunting me for years so I am just going to put it out here. I hope you all understand what I mean about this type of "shadow memory".

I am finally posting something that has been lurking in the shadows of my mind ever since I started following the case of Princess Doe. This post about her skirt, has finally nudged me to mention this here. I was 17 y/o when Princess Doe died, so this case has always had a special meaning to me since I would have been about her age. My godmother lived in New Hope, PA and occasionally my friends and I would go up to walk around the shops there. At the time, they had a lot of shops that catered toward the "weed smoker-types" - black-light posters, feather roach clips, pipes, moccasins, etc - and skirts like the one worn by Princess Doe. I cannot say that this particular skirt (or even the same pattern) was sold in New Hope, but I can say that these types of skirts were sold there and that I have had this "almost-memory" flittering around the edges of mind since the day (many years ago) that I first read about Princess Doe and saw a picture of the skirt. I have been hesitant to say anything because it's not a truly solid memory and I wouldn't want to send someone on a path that has no basis. But it has been haunting me for years so I am just going to put it out here. I hope you all understand what I mean about this type of "shadow memory".

The design with the white geese has a very "country cute" vibe to it, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti