NJ NJ - Charlotte Loomis, 14, Eatontown, 1 Sept 1972

Nothing seems straightforward about this case. It has to have been someone in the family, because there seems to have been a lack of concern on their part when Charlotte actually went missing. Did they actually file a missing persons report, or push the police to investigate, I wonder? It's heartbreaking to think this little girl disappeared and no one seemed overly concerned about it, well, other than that sister who was still wondering years later what had happened. The fact that none of her friends realized until recently that she was missing and hadn't just moved, speaks volumes about how this was dealt with both by the parents and LE. Very strange and disturbing case.

How are they acting shady? I know them personally and a lot of the information I've read isn't correct at all. There was DNA submitted by charlottes mother and I do know charlotte was known to run away a lot. Maybe someone should reach out to family members instead of guessing at what you think happened. It's sickens me to know people are making her mother and stepfather out to be horrible parents!!!

Unfortunately Larry Loomis has passed away. I knew him growing up as a kid, he was a great guy and I know he will be greatly missed.

Larry L. Loomis, age 68, of Green Bay, Wis., formally of Oscoda, passed away on Sunday, March 5, 2017, surrounded by his family.He was born on Dec. 5, 1948 in Saginaw to Burton and Rose Loomis.Larry grew up working on the family farm, prior to moving to Oscoda, where he worked at horse stables. In 1984, he started driving semi trucks, driving through all 48 continental states, Canada and five years in Iraq.He enjoyed hunting and spending time outdoors, walking through the woods. He loved having a garden at home and being in nature.Larry married Diane Giffin in 1978.He is survived by his wife, Diane; children, Larry Jr., Shanna (Wali) and Wesley; grandson, Dylan; siblings, David (Diane) Loomis, Cathy McCarty, Charlotte Loomis, Carlton Loomis, Sheridan (Beth) Dinnan, Edward (Ness) Dinnan and Laurie (David) McCord; stepbrother, Dennis Dinnan; sister-in-laws, Francis Winfree and Dawn Hissong; brother-in-laws, Douglas (Sue) Giffin and Miles Smith; and nieces, nephews and cousins.He is preceded in death by his parents, Burton Loomis and Rose (Louis) Dinnan; siblings, Carol (Bud) Flemming, Dwaine Loomis, LaNette Smith; brother-in-laws, "Big Don" Giffin, Dennis Giffin, Dick Winfree and Clyde Hissong.Visitation will be held from 5 until 7 p.m. today, Wednesday, March 8, at Newcomer Funeral Home, 340 S. Monroe Ave., Green Bay, Wis. Visitation will continue on Thursday, March 9, 2017 from 9:30 am until time of funeral service at 11:00 am at Newcomer Funeral Home.In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established.To leave a condolence or special memory for the family please visit www.NewcomerGreenBay.com.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/iosconews/obituary.aspx?n=larry-l-loomis&pid=184371172&fhid=15059

Also, I found on Ancestry that Carole was not married to Alvin Fleming at the time Charlotte went missing. She married Alvin in California on 11/17/1975. She got married to Thomas Eugene Fryday on 4/19/1971 in Norfolk VA and divorced him in May of 1975 in CA. I will post an ancestry link but I don't know if it will work or not.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...gsln_x=XO&MSAV=1&cp=0&catbucket=rstp&uidh=bg9

For some reason I think in this case it is a real possibility that she did in fact runaway. It has been noted that she was having problems at home and that is why she spent the summer with her sister. Maybe when it was time for her to go back to Michigan she decided she would rather take off on her own. Her brother in law may have took her to the airport and checked her in and she just left.

Charlotte Jean Loomis – The Charley Project
Charlotte Jean Loomis

• charlotte_jean_loomis_1.jpg
  • charlotte_jean_loomis_2.jpg
Charlotte, circa 1972; Age-progression to age 54 (circa 2012)

• Missing Since 09/01/1972
  • Missing From Eatontown, New Jersey
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 03/24/1958 (60)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Charlotte has a scar on her forehead. She has previously fractured her forearm.

Also, I found on Ancestry that Carole was not married to Alvin Fleming at the time Charlotte went missing. She married Alvin in California on 11/17/1975. She got married to Thomas Eugene Fryday on 4/19/1971 in Norfolk VA and divorced him in May of 1975 in CA. I will post an ancestry link but I don't know if it will work or not.

Carole Loomis - Virginia, Marriage Records, 1936-2014 - Ancestry.com

A little more about Thomas:

Thomas Eugene Fryday (1926-1990) - Find A Grave...

Question re: Eatontown, NJ & Fort Monmouth. We know so little, did someone (Carole?) take Charlotte to some kind of bus or train depot, planning for Charlotte to ride a bus or train to the airport?

Charlotte is listed on the NJ State Police website. Not sure if this has been mentioned in this forum. (I skimmed some of the posts, so I apologize if the link is here and I missed it.)

NamUs UID #UP1458, found about 10 miles from Fort Monmouth on 12/10/88, skeletonized, but the artist's rendition looks similar (I think someone may have mentioned this possible match on the forum already.)

Does anyone know how to find out whether NamUs has DNA on file? The site used to say whether there was DNA, but I can't find it since they updated NamUs.

Charlotte is listed on the NJ State Police website. Not sure if this has been mentioned in this forum. (I skimmed some of the posts, so I apologize if the link is here and I missed it.)

NamUs UID #UP1458, found about 10 miles from Fort Monmouth on 12/10/88, skeletonized, but the artist's rendition looks similar (I think someone may have mentioned this possible match on the forum already.)

Does anyone know how to find out whether NamUs has DNA on file? The site used to say whether there was DNA, but I can't find it since they updated NamUs.
Earlier in thread it was stated that this uid was a ruleout, iirc, but can certainly see why she might be considered as a match for CL, imo.Have to try and find a thread for this one..
New Jersey State Police - Unidentified Persons - Monmouth County
Biological Profile
Estimated Year of Birth 1950 - 1963
Sex Female
Race Caucasian
Height 5'0" - 5'3"
Weight 100 - 115 lbs.
Hair Unknown
Eyes Unknown
Scars, Marks and Tattoos Unknown
Clothing Platform Sandals (Size 8.5)
Dental Full x-rays and dental records are available for comparison.
Photo

Additional Photos

Yes this doe has been excluded. When I asked Namus to please list the exclusion this is the response that I received: I cannot enter an exclusion for the MP because it is NCMEC controlled. But the DNA profiles are searching against each other without association.

I just saw this UID suggested & submitted as a match for Gail Joiner, which seems a very strong possibility,but it struck me Charlotte is possible too. I can see a resemblance. She's the right height, weight and age.

I'm case the UID is not a match with Gail, I wanted to share so I don't forget.

https://www.theunidentified.org/product-page/16314

Yes this doe has been excluded. When I asked Namus to please list the exclusion this is the response that I received: I cannot enter an exclusion for the MP because it is NCMEC controlled. But the DNA profiles are searching against each other without association.

I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but I saw something that said Charlotte had no DNA available, so I didn't think NamUs had it. Thanks!

@mtrooper Does NamUs say somewhere on the listings whether there is DNA on file? I can't find that since they changed the format of the site. Also, where are the exclusions listed now?

My name is Dallas Dinnan I’m the daughter of charlottes brother Sheridan Dinnan. I just found this. I new she has been missing but didn’t know the details and was told they did a nationwide search but I’m starting to think that that may have been a lie. My aunts and uncles talk so badly about her and just say that she was too good and left them. They won’t give any more details to me other then she got on a plane but only her luggage got off.. my family gets really upset and irritated when she is brought up.

My name is Dallas Dinnan I’m the daughter of charlottes brother Sheridan Dinnan. I just found this. I new she has been missing but didn’t know the details and was told they did a nationwide search but I’m starting to think that that may have been a lie. My aunts and uncles talk so badly about her and just say that she was too good and left them. They won’t give any more details to me other then she got on a plane but only her luggage got off.. my family gets really upset and irritated when she is brought up.

Welcome Dallas! Have you thought about contacting the Eatontown, NJ police department? Perhaps you could talk with their cold case detective and learn more details about what happened.

Here's the contact information from the Charley Project web site

Eatontown Police Department 732-389-7649. See who they interviewed and what they learned. JMO, it seems unlikely she would have put her suitcases on the plane to MI, then stayed in NJ. A young girl without a lot of financial resources wouldn't choose that way of staging a disappearance. She would want to keep her clothes and personal belongings. Lots of easier ways to disappear in NJ if she didn't want to return home.

Also suggest contacting LE where her mom and other family lived in Michigan at the time. It's possible she did arrive, but was killed before she got home. Someone from local LE (city, county or state police) must have interviewed Charlotte's mom and other family members. They would have been the ones to report her missing, etc. Maybe bringing Michigan LE into the picture might help answer some questions or get this case moving again.

I checked Newspapers.com from 1972 onward and found no news articles about Charlotte's disappearance, so it seems unlikely there was any kind of nationwide search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back