NJ NJ - Sharon Thor, 15, murdered, Franklin Township, 26 October 1982

I had posted pictures of the Oldsmobile Starfire and the Forinza version of the Starfire. The 1979 -1980 Oldsmobile Starfire looks a little different than the 1975-1978 version:

Rear End of 1979-1980 Oldsmobile Starfire Fiirenza:firenza-rear-630x390.jpg

Front End of 1979-1980 Oldsmobile Starfire Firenza:

firenza-front end 1979-1980 model.jpg

I know that there was a "potential suspect" and also there was a hearing concerning DNA etc. A judge didn't show to the hearing and I have found nothing about the suspect, DNA or hearing since. The suspect even had a lawyer. This leads me to believe that one of two things (or both) is happening. They know who did it and are working toward enough of a case to go to trial ( my problem with this is that the egos of some of these prosecutors get in the way and they won't go to trial unless the case is a slam dunk for fear of blemishing their record). Or, the potential suspect is someone with enough political connections that Judges are no showing hearings and investigations are being influenced. JMO. I Googled Sharon Ransavage, the lawyer for this "potential suspect". I wonder if anyone has asked her about the case or the suspects name in recent times? It is odd that in all these years a name hasn't surfaced.
I must agree , why has another hearing not been set up as of yet,, this judge must be holding out , This is a small town these two guys are known many people I am sure know who did this deed They should come forward instead of letting these crap of human pieces get away with her murder DNA is certainly on the 4x4 family needs to press that DA a lot . There is many people getting away with bad deeds due to our criminal system stand up to our DA’s n Judge’s n Police as all is NOT what it should be . Her rights are not being protected . The rights of her killers are at this point

I keep going back to post #1. What happened to the request for DNA from the individual in question? Was there another trial? It just seems weird that the police wanted to hold the suspect in investigative custody and go to court to get a DNA sample ( why not do it the clandestine way off a coffee cup etc.?). One would think that, whomever this suspect is, the police thought they were on the right trail. I guess one could surmise that they eventually did a DNA test and it came back as not a match, but why no follow up to the original article ( is it possible the results etc. could have been suppressed by the judge at the suspects request once the DNA was found to not be a match?).

I must agree , why has another hearing not been set up as of yet,, this judge must be holding out , This is a small town these two guys are known many people I am sure know who did this deed They should come forward instead of letting these crap of human pieces get away with her murder the DNA is certainly on the 4x4 family needs to press that DA a lot . There is many people getting away with bad deeds due to our criminal system stand up to our DA’s n Judge’s n Police as all is NOT what it should be . Her rights are not being protected . The rights of her killers are at this point
The thing is even if the suspects DNA law enforcement has to match the DNA to somebody in CODIS. A person has to be in CODIS if they have committed a crime before. If a person never committed a crime they probably won't be in CODIS. In this particular case the guy who killed Sharon maybe never committed a crime again therefore he is not in CODIS. This case won't be solved unless the suspect who killed Sharon is in CODIS currently. The only other way to solve it is to get somebody who knows who did the crime. Do I think there is a person out there who knows who killed Sharon? In my opinion the answer is yes.

Its hard to watch as Sharon's case goes unsolved day by day because I don't live that far from where Sharon was killed. Somebody in Somerset County or Middlesex County, NJ has to know who killed Sharon.

I want to say somebody had to see the car at some point the car that Sharon got into 55 minutes-1 hour before she died. I mean every car is parked in a driveway or on a street by a house at some point or an apartment parking lot maybe so it was parked in some neighborhood every day back in 1982 and maybe a few years after that.

I did hear on a random podcast that Sharon went to private school for awhile. I don't know if thats true or not but I would like to find out. Maybe the driver of the car went to private school with her at some point before she went to public school.

'Streamed live on Jul 20, 2023'

''Authorities have hinted at using DNA evidence to solve the case over the years, but nothing has as yet materialized.

''The Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office, which is investigating the case with the Franklin Township Police Department, was mum on the most recent revelation.

“(T)he investigation remains open as an on-going Homicide Investigation which is being conducted by the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office and Franklin Township Police Department,” Chief Francisco Roman Jr., the Prosecutor’s Office spokesman, wrote in an email. “With all on-going investigations we cannot comment further to maintain the integrity of the investigation.”

Resta is a local business owner who attended high school with Thor. His interest was piqued when he attended the FTPD’s Community Police Academy, during which the Thor case was discussed.

Resta started a reward fund – separate from the CrimeStoppers of Somerset County’s $5,000 reward established in 2019 – with $500.

A production at Villager’s Theatre of a play written by a friend of Thor’s family raised more money for the reward fund and that, combined with additional donations, helped it grow to $4,000.''

I just wanted to note that at least the driver of the car that Sharon was seen getting 1 hour before her death on Tuesday, October 26th, 1982 has to be in his late 50's/early 60's in terms of his age currently if he is still alive.

I wonder if the Franklin Twp PD discovered any shoeprints in the woods by where Sharon's body was found. Shoeprints is where you could find out what kind of shoe or sneaker for that matter that her killer or killer(s) wore. I have seen that on the show "Forensic Files" where the police or detectives take a mold of a shoe or sneaker to find the perp that way. I know it might be a little hard to find shoeprints in the woods.

Also, after Sharon was killed was her body put in the woods with the murder weapons later put by her body? The other option is that Sharon was hanging out with her killer or killer(s) in the woods before she was murdered.

Just some hypotheticals I wanted to put out on this case.

I am a little shocked after I put all those photos of cars on this thread over last summer that there was no hit on the car that Sharon was last seen in the day of her death. I thought somebody locally might see this thread and might remember the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back