NM NM - Guadalupe Co, WhtFem 17-25, UP17089, Killed on BD (11-Jul-78) by RLanphear, Jul'78

I don’t know if Lisa Sprague has been mentioned but I just came across her and she reminded me if this Jane Doe. Her stats are even similar. I don’t know when her birthday is and it says she went missing in the fall of 1978 but who really knows.

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP61421Lisa Rene Sprague, Female, White / Caucasian
Date of Last ContactSeptember 1, 1978
Missing FromVentura, California

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

And the Jane Does hair has that braided while wet and then let go of the braids when they are dry look. Girls were doing that around that time. I remember my hair was/is pin straight and I used to sleep w braids to get that look. I believe the Jane doe had done the same with her hair? Anyway that is just my personal thoughts I am attaching a photo of Barbra Streisand below from 1978 to give an example of what Iam talking about.

Attachments

• 79DCDAD6-C4CC-44EF-A455-04833C1B2789.jpeg
    79DCDAD6-C4CC-44EF-A455-04833C1B2789.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi all, just stumbled across this case. You've done some incredible work, AddysMom7610!

I did a quick NamUs check and there aren't are missing persons reports from Shrewsbury, MA. So, if she was reported missing, it wasn't in Shrewsbury or hasn't been uploaded.

I wish there was more information about what happened with the DNA testing!

The story the killers give contradicts the other. So let's say the unidentified female's has spent a bunch of money on this guitar.
She's got 3 ear piercings in one ear and 2 in the other.
No earrings? But she'll pay to get her hair done as it was done recently and perhaps dyed from all I've read.
I think when he shot her, he took her jewelry.
Bracelets, earrings and perhaps a necklace.
What was the make and model of the guitar? A pawn shop would remember that young lady coming in and purchasing it. If the rules were the same you'd have to show your identification to purchase it at a pawn shop.
It might have been purchased elsewhere also.
The fact that she's carrying that large guitar case across country hitchhiking says it meant a lot to her to lug it around. She may have had musical training.
Does anyone know the type of guitar? Was it right or left handed? Just curious.

The story the killers give contradicts the other. So let's say the unidentified female's has spent a bunch of money on this guitar.
She's got 3 ear piercings in one ear and 2 in the other.
No earrings? But she'll pay to get her hair done as it was done recently and perhaps dyed from all I've read.
I think when he shot her, he took her jewelry.
Bracelets, earrings and perhaps a necklace.
What was the make and model of the guitar? A pawn shop would remember that young lady coming in and purchasing it. If the rules were the same you'd have to show your identification to purchase it at a pawn shop.
It might have been purchased elsewhere also.
The fact that she's carrying that large guitar case across country hitchhiking says it meant a lot to her to lug it around. She may have had musical training.
Does anyone know the type of guitar? Was it right or left handed? Just curious.
She did have earrings as well as other jewelry. You can see some of it in the reconstruction, and this post has a list that describes everything she had on her. It's a little hard to read but it looks like she had a bracelet, two anklets, four earrings, a necklace, and three rings. She might have had more jewelry that was taken, but there's no way to confirm or debunk that as far as I know.
Here is the list of what she had on her

She did have earrings as well as other jewelry. You can see some of it in the reconstruction, and this post has a list that describes everything she had on her. It's a little hard to read but it looks like she had a bracelet, two anklets, four earrings, a necklace, and three rings. She might have had more jewelry that was taken, but there's no way to confirm or debunk that as far as I know.
Can you send me that link please.
Namus, Doe Network, Fandom, and Charley Project list NO jewelry.
I can't find any jewelry on this female listed online at all. The killers Diane Geisinger and Ronald Lamphear both tried to pawn the guitar. Before this incident Lanphear and Geisinger had went to Las Vegas and ended up needing money before. So I believe they stole EVERYTHING they could on that trip from whoever they killed.

Diana Geisinger and Ronald Eugene Lanphear were compulsive killers. After she picked up Ronald who escaped from jail in Elkpoint, SD the night of July 8th or 9th 1978 They went south and just shot, robbed and dumped everyone in their path while staying at Diana Geisinger's brother's home in Glendale, Arizona.
Robbing and killing gas station attendants. When money would get low Ronald and Diana would hatch a plan to get more.
Diana Geisinger was 7 months pregnant at the time. Over the course of the following months the arguing started between them. Eventually ending up with Diana Geisinger calling the police in Ronald Lanphear after an argument. She was worried that he was conspiring to get rid of her (Diana).
When arrested : "Defendant was arrested in Las Vegas on October 14, 1978. At the time of his arrest defendant had Robert Unger's watch and was wearing a pair of his shoes."

Read this link for info on these killers: People v. Lanphear

She did in fact have a lot of jewelry on. I have The actual autopsy photos that show the jewelry. And I have the autopsy that lists the jewelry. None of It was worth anything. Mostly leather strap anklets and bracelets and fake silver earrings and rings. Obviously they meant something to her, but as far as prices go, they were worthless.

She did in fact have a lot of jewelry on. I have The actual autopsy photos that show the jewelry. And I have the autopsy that lists the jewelry. None of It was worth anything. Mostly leather strap anklets and bracelets and fake silver earrings and rings. Obviously they meant something to her, but as far as prices go, they were worthless.
Can you send the link? Or post the photos , I'd be very interested in looking at the jewelry. Thanks

Can you send the link? Or post the photos , I'd be very interested in looking at the jewelry. Thanks
Here is the link to the post where AddysMom7610 shared a picture of the jewelry list. I also linked it in my first reply to you. You need to click the username in the quote to be taken to the relevant post.
Here is the list of what she had on her

Colleen Fitzpatrick and Gray Hughes talk about this case in this video from April, there is apparently a person that they are testing to see if they match, if not, they might pursue the FGG route with Identifinders with funds from the Youtube show.

Was this tip confirmed by law enforcement?
It's hearsay.
Shrewsbury huh? Seems odd to me that 48 years later someone chooses that name.
Simone Ridinger was from Sherborn, Massachusetts
48 years later nobody knows where Sherborn is. But they'll look at the map and go "Sh... what was it? Shh...*looks at map* Aha!!! It's gotta be Shrewsbury.
Sherborn/Shrewsbury both have the "Sh" beginning and a "B" middle.
I still think Simone Ridinger was the prime candidate for this Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back