Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was exchanging some e-mails with my friend at Clark County and I ask him about the John Smith photos of unknowns. He was pulling a grave yard shift last night, so once he recovers (LOL) he will take a look at this information. He thought the photo looked interesting.

I'm not exactly sure why LE believes that Patricia Gomez jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge on December 26, 1979, but I really see a resemblance between her and the young woman found near Arroyo Grande. Her photo is sort of grainy, though.
image.aspx

http://doenetwork.org/cases/981dfca.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gomez_patricia.html
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=3170013100301

bumping for this girl. I literally think of her every time I pass Arroyo Grande.

Sorry, my friends that it has taken me a while to post. I haven't heard anything back from Clark County. In the next several weeks I'll have some time to reach back out to my contacts there and see what's up.
I too, think about AGJD everyday and just can't for the life of me understand how this child could have ended up dead and with no one (who knows her name) looking for her.
God Bless those of you who don't know her name and search for her. One day we will have the answer, I just know it.

Carl,
I stumbled across Tina Fay Kemp and although eye color is not a match (blue vs. green), her photo on Charley Project seems to me to show the same diastema as the UID.

I also noted she wasn't listed as a rule out on NAMUS or on a previous thread where all folks being considered were also included as well as the rule outs.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

Thoughts?

I see the resemblance with Tina and the gap matches, time matches. It might be worth submitting. No telling when the picture was taken- looks like it might have been a year or two before 1979 and GTina was younger than when she disappeared and younger than the AGJD when found

I've done numerous revisions of AGJD, and although each one got a little bit closer, I was not completely satisfied. But I did one more revision today, and now, I finally think I have her dialed in.

6579c7d8-5eaa-4dc9-b8e7-2a93a8c129d2.jpg

So while I have watched this thread for months, I only just now saw AGJD's entry on NAMUS, and I am totally confused how they could list this:

Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue
Eye description Hazel or Blue

??

Carl I'm sure you know the answer to this one. It may have already been answered in the myriad pages on this thread, which I read ages ago but don't remember.

Thx in advance.

Eye color discrepancy: Based on the information that has been shared with me from Clark County, my understanding is that the initial police report indicated green eyes, a second detective report listed the eye color as blue. Both green and blue were written on the line for eye color on the report I read. Since eye color changes post mortem (eyes darken or cloud) this, or just personal opinion may be the reason that AGJD's eyes are listed as blue, green or hazel.
Hair Color: AGJD's body hair was more blonde than red - her hair in the morgue photo may have still been wet, giving it a possibly darker appearance than it would have appeared in life.

Carl,
I stumbled across Tina Fay Kemp and although eye color is not a match (blue vs. green), her photo on Charley Project seems to me to show the same diastema as the UID.

I also noted she wasn't listed as a rule out on NAMUS or on a previous thread where all folks being considered were also included as well as the rule outs.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kemp_tina.html

Thoughts?

The gap in the teeth makes me look really close at Tina Fay Kemp. That, plus she is within the age range (14-24) and the timing is just 20 months off (Feb 1979 vs Oct 1980). Both are classified as fair skinned; just not sure about the complexion - TFK appears to have some signs of acne or maybe dark freckles? Tina's description does include freckles and the mole on her right triceps. Neither were documented on our AGJD, only the "S" tattoo.
Wonder if Tina still had her 3rd molars?

The first thing that I thought about the "s" tattoo was that it was some kind of brand. It makes me think she might have been a young prostitute who was killed by a pimp.

The first thing that I thought about the "s" tattoo was that it was some kind of brand. It makes me think she might have been a young prostitute who was killed by a pimp.

I tend to think the same thing. This might have been a situation very similar to what happened to Jessica Foster. Jessica had a boyfriend, an older man, who initially showered her with gifts and affection, and took her on vacations to the Caribbean. At some point, he steered her into a life of prostitution, and moved her to Las Vegas.

From what it appears, she wanted to return to her hometown of Calgary, and disappeared shortly thereafter.

I saw this new NamUs entry (May 2013) and have requested dental details.

Diane Gilchrist
14 years old; run away
Strawberry/blonde; blue eyes
58 inches; 100 pounds
May 1974
Vancouver, Washington

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20347/2?current_page=contacts

Update:
CODIS checked and they got a no match on the DNA of Diane Gilchrist and our Jane "Arroyo Grande" Doe. Someday, we will get her identified. Hope you are having a great weekend. Little hot out here 105+ degrees. Take care and be safe.

Rick

I know that there was a killer (or killers) at the time who might have been a trucker and who targeted redheaded women. There are quite a few redheaded Jane Does found on the highways in the 1970's and 1980's.

But other than that both victims had red hair and were found in the proximity of Las Vegas (Nipton is about an hour from Las Vegas), I don't see much in common.

The crimes took place five years apart. Arroyo Grande was a petite teenaged girl. Nipton JD was a moderately overweight 20-something. Arroyo Grande was bludgeoned and stabbed. Nipton JD was killed with a shotgun. AGJD was left naked out in the open obviously with the intent that she be found. Nipton JD's body was dumped in a mineshaft - obviously with the intent that she not be found.

The Nipton Jane Doe was wearing a swimsuit, which would suggest to me that she was lounging near a swimming pool (either at home or at a Nevada hotel) around the time of her death. That would seem to suggest that she was a victim of a significant other, or someone she knew well.

Arroyo Grande's circumstances don't look like she was the victim of a domestic incident. She seems to have been either a hitchhiker-victim or a prostitute whose killer was either a john or a pimp.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/england_beverly.html

Ok age is off and no mention of tattoo, but height weight and hair color match, also timeline would work.

Just because they didn't mention it doesn't mean it isn't there. The person who filed the report might not have been aware of it, or as somebody else mentioned her killer might have intended it as a "brand."

There's a pretty strong facial resemblance. Henderson is directly down main highways from Salida, CO.

Doesn't someone in this thread have a contact to send possible matches in? If not I will just figure one person is easier to keep it steaight. KWIM?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/england_beverly.html

Ok age is off and no mention of tattoo, but height weight and hair color match, also timeline would work.

Hey Lins,
I'm not sure about this one...Here's what I'm thinking:

Beverly was 32 in June 1980 (time period matches) when she left her children with the babysitter and headed to a doctor's appointment....hmmm...wonder if Beverly was pregnant? I'm now imagining a botched medical procedure-- and wondering if Beverly's doctor was ever identified and questioned? ---sorry, my ADD is really showing.

England's weight is listed at 125 or 145 lbs compared to 103 for Arroyo Could BE have lost 20-40 pounds in 3 months? possible, I guess. I couldn't do it; but sure, why not. Maybe if I were kidnaped and starved?
Height is within an inch of our AGJD (63 inches for Beverly compared to 62 measured).
BE's hair color is described as red/auburn; AGJD is described as light brown/blonde or ginger/strawberry blonde.
Some facial similarities: face shape, nose may be close, larger bottom lip and large wide eyes, maybe a widow's peak. Beverly carries weight in her cheeks and neck, so this is not similar. And Beverly's cheeks appear to be high, a feature that would be more pronounced if she were thinner. Sure wish that Beverly had one clear, colored photo available. Dental description fails to mention spacing between 7&8 (like AGJD) or if she still had her wisdom teeth.
Big age difference is the problem -- age is usually determined by bone growth plates, so while a few years outside of a range might be easy to understand, 8-12 years is probably too much of a stretch. Medical documents say that AGJD wasn't much older than 16; the top age listed for her is 24.
Another question for me has to do with lack of evidence that AGJD ever had given birth to a child (cervix appearance is like a slit); England obviously did have children.
Not concerned about the lack of a tat; AGJD's tat may have been self inked (def not professional) and was on the inside of her right forearm - not necessarily noticeable.
A good thing is that Beverly's NamUs page indicates that she has fingerprints available -- & my Clark County friend is a fingerprint expert. So if he thinks this is a solid possible, he could compare based on prints pretty quickly.

That's my take. If you all want me to submit Beverly England to Rick, I am glad to do so.
You never know, AGJD's initial investigation and autopsy was conducted during the high tech time of polaroids, and with the common belief that she would be identified very quickly. She seemed to be well cared for and was found within 24 hours of death. There was no reason to think that her family wouldn't recognize her. What one might consider a long shot could be the answer to giving this girl back her name. :twocents:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/medical/xray_bone_age.html

I thoight somewhere it was mentioned that they.thoight the doe was actually older than stated. However I could have my does mixed up. I have a love for the unidentified becaise I personaly cant imagine not knowing. I want to open a lab and all that is done is compare Dna of unknowns to possibles. *sigh* just let me dream a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391