Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thoight somewhere it was mentioned that they.thoight the doe was actually older than stated. However I could have my does mixed up. I have a love for the unidentified becaise I personaly cant imagine not knowing. I want to open a lab and all that is done is compare Dna of unknowns to possibles. *sigh* just let me dream a minute.

Your DNA lab would be very welcomed & busy!!!

The age was most likely determined by x-rays of the hand's growth plates; bones and teeth are both reliable ways to predict age range.

This is a good reference site for lay people (like me).
http://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/young_old.html

And Lins, I sent a e-mail to Rick about Beverly. I'll let all know what he decides.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/england_beverly.html

Ok age is off and no mention of tattoo, but height weight and hair color match, also timeline would work.

Hey Rick,

I have a long shot possible for AGJD that a Websleuth's volunteer friend has ask me to send to you. Beverly England (age 32; outside the age range) disappeared in April of 1980 from Salida, CO (not too far away, right?). She has red hair and blue eyes; 5'2" height; listed at 125lbs (although another site lists her weight at 145). Beverly had children (again not consistent with what I know about Arroyo Grande Jane Doe, but...).
The good thing is that Beverly England's NamUs case indicates that she has fingerprints charted. If you think that this is worth your time, can you compare fingerprints of these two?

Rick is so awesome...here is his reply:

Hi,

Reference the long shot, I kinda think so too but ruling out by scientific means is ALWAYS the best way rather than, "I don't think so". Her DNA is in the "Initial inquiry underway" not sure what that means, but as soon as it gets completed and entered into CODIS, there may be some possible hits. I have requested the fingerprint charting (Information) and will let you know as soon as I get it.

Thank you, I am off on the forth and gonna try to stay cool.
You take care.
Rick

There is something about Janet Kramer, who was recently listed on NamUs, that made me think about the young woman found in Arroyo Grande, yet she went missing at 14 in 1971, this would have made her about 24 in 1980. Her nose looks different than the UID, but I wonder if it was swollen for some reason or another in the photo because the rest of her face really looks like this woman's (IMO).

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21165/150

There is something about Janet Kramer, who was recently listed on NamUs, that made me think about the young woman found in Arroyo Grande, yet she went missing at 14 in 1971, this would have made her about 24 in 1980. Her nose looks different than the UID, but I wonder if it was swollen for some reason or another in the photo because the rest of her face really looks like this woman's (IMO).

Her nose looks much broader than AGJD's nose, IMO.

I heard back from Clark County about Cynthia and Nadine.

Our friend says, "I came across two that you submitted and I never got the results back. Cynthia Gastelle who was LSA in April 1980 in Takoma Park Maryland has been found, I never found out if that meant dead or alive. Hope for the best. I re-submitted Nadine O'Dell from Inkster MI from Aug 1974 to check on her. I'll let you know."

As soon as I hear about Nadine, I will share the response.

I am adding this update that I just saw on line about Cynthia Gastelle. Not the news that we had hoped for...Cynthia Joan Gastelle, Doe Network Case File # 3010DFMD, has been identified as being Haymarket Jane Doe found on February 12, 1982 on Bull Run Mountain in Haymarket, Virginia, Doe Network Case File # 468UFVA (A WS match!)

R.I.P. Cindy 30 years later you are going home.
[/I]
I hope they can do a match to Nadine O'Dell. She looks like the best match to this Jane Doe. https://identifyus.org/en/cases/46 http://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2489/139/

Hey Nola, did you ever hear back from Rick about Beverly? TIA

Carl said he thought this was a good match back in 2010. Was she excluded?

Carl said he thought this was a good match back in 2010. Was she excluded?

I did?

I'm looking back at all the 2010 posts, and the only possibles I had said might be good possibles were Sherilyn Mitchell and maybe Nadine O'Dell. (And now, I very much doubt now that Nadine is AGJD. I think it is more likely that Nadine was an early victim of serial killer Coral Watts, who lived in Inkster Michigan in 1974).

:blushing:im sorry carl!! i was referencing nadine, apparently my phone decided to omit that somehow. sorry for the confusion! :blushing:

Hey Nola, did you ever hear back from Rick about Beverly? TIA

Hi Lins,
I have not heard anything back, which is not typical-- I will contact him this week and see if he has had a chance to look at this possible.

ETA:
Just got a reply back from my e-mail tonight, nothing yet as far as results on any recent submissions (Nadine or Beverly). As soon as he gets anything, he will let me know.

Hey Ambercat,
I really like this as a possible for AGJD. I also, did a little photo overlay work and think that the facial bone structure lines up very well.
Here a breakdown of why I like the match:
Height: 5 fl compared to 5'2"
Weight: 110-130 compared to 105
Hair: brown compared to red/blonde
Eye color: hazel compared to blue/green or hazel
Broken arm at elbow age 6 -- no broken bones reported for AGJD

One prevailing theory has been that AGJD was a runaway from an orphanage or home that wasn't reported timely, or ever. Janet's NamUs was only just entered this summer.

When I asked about Beverly's finger prints tonight I included your possible match of Janet Kramer.
I'll let all know what I hear back from Clark County.

On a very sad note, when blowing up this photo of Janet, I noticed an abrasion on her right cheek and swelling around her left eye -- which has a petechial hemorrhage visible. Can't tell if her nose was also swollen in the picture, but she def has some other noticeable injuries. Geezz...what in the world was happening to this child???

ETA: Rick thinks this submission looks very interesting. He will watch for the DNA.
-nola

I heard back from Rick Jones today and wanted to share the update...

"I had a message from Det. Bauman stating that they have obtained DNA from the mother and sister and have submitted it to their state crime lab. He will check on the status and call me back. He stated the family had been estranged and the sister just recently came forward wanting to find out what happened to her sister. He checked all data bases and he could not find any information on the existence of Janet Kramer.

As soon as I hear, we will let you know.

I am still trying to get Englands fingerprints, I'll let you know. Have a great weekend."

On the eve of All Souls Day, I'm praying that this young girl's wait for her name to be known will end.

I know that there was a killer (or killers) at the time who might have been a trucker and who targeted redheaded women. There are quite a few redheaded Jane Does found on the highways in the 1970's and 1980's.

But other than that both victims had red hair and were found in the proximity of Las Vegas (Nipton is about an hour from Las Vegas), I don't see much in common.

The crimes took place five years apart. Arroyo Grande was a petite teenaged girl. Nipton JD was a moderately overweight 20-something. Arroyo Grande was bludgeoned and stabbed. Nipton JD was killed with a shotgun. AGJD was left naked out in the open obviously with the intent that she be found. Nipton JD's body was dumped in a mineshaft - obviously with the intent that she not be found.

The Nipton Jane Doe was wearing a swimsuit, which would suggest to me that she was lounging near a swimming pool (either at home or at a Nevada hotel) around the time of her death. That would seem to suggest that she was a victim of a significant other, or someone she knew well.

Arroyo Grande's circumstances don't look like she was the victim of a domestic incident. She seems to have been either a hitchhiker-victim or a prostitute whose killer was either a john or a pimp.

Carl,
Do you have a listing of these "Red/Auburn Haired" road side victims or is there a thread with similar crimes linked? I just recently saw the Houston (Baytown), TX thread and it reminded me of your correlation of these crimes and prompts my question. Thanks!!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138870

This is an article in the Friday, November 29, 2013 Las Vegas Review Journal:
reviewjournal.com/news/resolving-cold-cases-important-clark-county-coroner.

The article is about Namus.gov and unsolved UIDs in Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada. I am posting this because the article shows facial reconstructions of 6 still UID victims who have been found in Las Vegas and Clark County over the years. The article also mentions a 1980 Jane Doe who is still UID.

I am not sure how to create a hyperlink to the article-maybe a tech savvy WS member can fix. Go to reviewjournal.com, click on "Crime and Courts" tab to view article.

Is this the link?

I am haunted by Arroyo Grande Jane Doe, my heart would sing if she got her name back

OOOh, just read this at the link

"As for the first unidentified girl entered into the cold case online program, the coroner’s office might finally have a lead.

The sister of an out-of-state runaway who went missing in 1971 thinks Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe is her sister.

“She was the one that really sparked my interest in unidentified folks,” Jones said. “She’s somebody’s child out there, and that’s what we look at. Hopefully some day we can get this little girl identified.”

Here is a link mentioning AGJD.
From link "As for the first unidentified girl entered into the cold case online program, the coroner’s office might finally have a lead.

The sister of an out-of-state runaway who went missing in 1971 thinks Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe is her sister.

“She was the one that really sparked my interest in unidentified folks,” Jones said. “She’s somebody’s child out there, and that’s what we look at. Hopefully some day we can get this little girl identified.”

Here is a link mentioning AGJD.
From link "As for the first unidentified girl entered into the cold case online program, the coroner’s office might finally have a lead.

He's probably talking about Janet Kramer

kramer_janet.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kramer_janet.html

She is listed as missing since 1971, and she is listed as a runaway. She was only recently put into the system, so her DNA probably would not yet be ready.

There is also Debra Pscholka or Mary Ann Wesolowski.

pscholka_debra.jpg
wesolowski_mary.jpg

They both went missing in 1971, and they both look somewhat plausible as younger versions of AGJD.

But for both, their DNA has been in the system for quite a while now. One would think there would have already been a hit Mary or Debra were AGJD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675