Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Marie Ellinwood' s link is here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2522dfor.html
I didn't see her discussed as a possible AGJD. There are a number of things about her case that caught my attention: Not the least of which her face resembles AGJD.

Ann went missing at age 12, in 1978, from Oregon. She would have been 14-15 years old in 1980 (AGJD age range). Hair is listed as auburn, eyes as "brown",which could be hazel. I just spent 10 minutes staring at her teeth in the color photo. It appears she has a gap in her teeth on her right side of her mouth, but I can't tell for sure. The "suspect and known sexual offender" who was questioned in her disappearance committed suicide a week after being questioned. The " pickup truck pulling a trailer" near where she was last seen. "Freckles on face and nose". Height within range. "Chin length hair" could easily grow shoulder length or longer in 2 years.
Ann is not on the AGJD ruleout list. Opinions welcome, TIA.
I am not sure how to do a thumbnail comparison posting of Ann side by side with Karl's beautiful reconstruction from Post 227 in this thread.

Could a sex predator have held AGJD as a prisoner, and then decided to dispose of her when she became too "old" or old enough to try escaping?

For all of us following this case I wanted to update you with information that I received today from Clark County Investigator Rick Jones. His e-mail regarding Janet Kramer's DNA comparison to this Arroyo Grande Jane Doe...

Hi, sorry it has taken a while, we just got notified that missing person Janet Kramer from the All Girls Home in Willmar MN in 1971 is not our Jane Doe based on mtDNA comparison against the family reference samples. As always, thank you for watching. We are still waiting on the results that our Jane Doe may be another missing person.

Rick's email goes on to include information about Kerry Ann Graham, so she is likely the comaprison that is still pending results.

Thanks AmberCat for this suggestion -- one day we will get the hit that solves her identity.

Take care all,
Nola

Searching for more details about Kerry Ann Graham...

Seems it is thought that she left on her on accord with a female friend. But no information is available about the friend - except to say that neither of the two girls have been seen since. Wonder who this other girl is -- can't find any other female reported missing from Forestville, CA. hmmmm....

Both girls had ties to New Jersey and Halifax, Nova Scotia.

In her M&EC Prolife it states...
Kerry was last seen on December 24, 1979. She may be with a female companion. They may have traveled to New Jersey. When Kerry was last seen she had blonde highlights in her hair. She has freckles, pierced ears, and a scar on her left arm from the removal of a cancerous growth. It also states that Kerry was a smoker in 1979.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1225186/1
Hair color is listed as auburn and eyes are listed as green. It would be great to see Kerry with her natural hair color, auburn. I have to admit that there are quite a few similarities, IMO.

What if they have her missing date wrong where she was actually last seen Christmas eve 1978? We have no clue who the friend is; but the case below is 2 girls. I do not follow either case; but am throwing out for you guys. Added was listed as boy and girl; they did recent DNA testing; they're both girls. Profiles have not been updated yet

CA - Mendocino County, TWO WhtFem's (111UMCA & 131UFCA), Teens, July'79

New NCMEC links. Not sure what they did but none of the previous URLs have been working on any case I follow
NCMEC Girl
NCMEC Boy

Girl NamUs UP #10447
"Boy" NamUs UP #10450

I am still trying to figure out how "girl" can be mistaken for 'boy". On Doenetwork, they just flipped a bunch of AZ UIDs from male to "female". a couple of weeks ago.

Skeletal findings can be ambiguous especially in teenagers, but if they don't have full DNA, that's all they can go by. The AZ cases sound more like a data entry mistake though.

I am still trying to figure out how "girl" can be mistaken for 'boy". On Doenetwork, they just flipped a bunch of AZ UIDs from male to "female". a couple of weeks ago.
Prior to DNA testing, girls that hadn't matured yet could be confused with boys. See Elizabeth Ernstein. Her skeletal remains were found the year after she went missing in 1968 but weren't tested as being potentially hers until 2011! They were a match. She was 14 and slim.

Nola,

Have you heard anything yet regarding Kerry Graham as AGJD?

While looking for possible match for another UID, I came across this MP and immediately thought of Arroyo Jane-the hairs on my neck were standing up.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/anderson_katherine.html

There are 2 photos of Katherine and you cannot really see the right side of her teeth-it looks like the color photo may be slightly damaged between the nose and chin. I can't tell if she has a slight gap in her teeth or not. Her nose seems to match Arroyo from what I can see. In the below chart: Katherine's stats are on the left, Arroyo Jane is on the right.

Katherine: Blue eyes Arroyo: blue or hazel eyes
Height 63 inches tall Arroyo: 62 inches tall
Hair blond/brown Arroyo: blond/brown
Weight: between 100-110 lbs Arroyo Weight: 103 lbs

Katherine disappeared in April 1979- plenty of time to go west/ be taken west. Her vehicle was freshly repaired, as she disappeared after picking it up from car dealer after having repair work done

Katherine has dentals only on file, according to NAMUS. No DNA, no FP. Opinions,please. Is this close enough to Arroyo Jane to submit? Am I totally off-base in thinking Katherine might be a match based on comparing her photos with Arroyo post-mortem?

Side by side. I used the black and white photo because it's a lot clearer, and flipped it so it's facing the same way as Carl's recon. Note that means the teeth and other blemishes won't match. (I think you're right about the color photo having damage.) Was her car ever recovered?

eta: second view with the photo facing the other way. Click to enlarge.

Attachments

• 6579c7d8-5eaa-4dc9-b8e7-2a93a8c129d2[1].jpg
    6579c7d8-5eaa-4dc9-b8e7-2a93a8c129d2[1].jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
  • anderson_katherine.jpg
    anderson_katherine.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 10
I could not find any mention of the car ever being recovered. Surprisingly, Barbara is not listed in Doe network.

I could not find any mention of the car ever being recovered. Surprisingly, Barbara is not listed in Doe network.

So she had a newly repaired car and it's possible she just took off for wherever. Maybe she wanted to see some of the country.

She looks very likely to me.

OK , I looked this morning and did not see Barbara Anderson on Doe. Looked just now and found her-I must have spelled something wrong. According to Doe, the car was recovered in a shopping center parking lot and it had been driven 45 miles from the mileage the dealership logged in. Here's her Doe link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/930dfmd.html

Deepest apologies, I posted Katherine's name as "Barbara"- no idea why. I did submit Katherine as a possible match. Rick Jones emailed me last night and he is going to start by pulling the NAMUS dentals and have them compared to Arroyo's dentals by a forensic dental expert in Clark County. If dentals do not rule Katherine out, they will contact LE to try to get a DNA sample for Katherine. Mr. Jones mentioned the records they have for Arroyo Jane "are conflicting" and variously list her hair color as " sandy blond, light brown, and strawberry blond. " Her eyes are listed as" hazel or blue "on different records. All of the records are from 1980.

Carbuff, please check your PMs. I sent you a message re the thumbnail sketches. :)

Deepest apologies, I posted Katherine's name as "Barbara"- no idea why. I did submit Katherine as a possible match. Rick Jones emailed me last night and he is going to start by pulling the NAMUS dentals and have them compared to Arroyo's dentals by a forensic dental expert in Clark County. If dentals do not rule Katherine out, they will contact LE to try to get a DNA sample for Katherine. Mr. Jones mentioned the records they have for Arroyo Jane "are conflicting" and variously list her hair color as " sandy blond, light brown, and strawberry blond. " Her eyes are listed as" hazel or blue "on different records. All of the records are from 1980.

Carbuff, please check your PMs. I sent you a message re the thumbnail sketches. :)

Keep us posted

She's mentioned in a book called The Last Place You'd Look: True Stories of Missing Persons and the People Who Search for Them
Amazon link

Gail Dahl's page lists her as being 6 feet tall. (??!!) I wonder if they meant 60 inches instead.

Guess she is out then. I must have read 60 inches by mistake.

Rick Jones emailed me that he received Katherine's dentals. There was nothing at first look that would immediately be a ruleout, so the dentals are being passed to a forensic dentist for a closer comparison with AGJD dentals. He will let me know as soon as he knows-it may be a week or so. As soon as I hear, I will let everyone know.

Heard from Rick Jones-Katherine Anderson has been ruled out as Arroyo Grande Jane based on dental comparisons by the forensic odontologist. He is going to look into Simone Ridinger as well., as he sees a resemblance to AGJD also. Simone has DNA in the system.
http://www.nampn.org/cases/ridinger_simone.htm

Carbuff, Rick said to tell you "Thank you for the thumbnails".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675