Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80*GRAPHIC* - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Jackie Boyer? She went missing in May 1980 and seems to be just slightly out of the range of the estimates:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

It also has a mention of her having a scar on the inside of her right forearm which I found interesting because this was the location of the tattoo on Arroyo Grande!

It looks like they say that the height and weight for Jackie are estimations and it doesn't look like she is listed in Namus. I can't find any information on her...

CarlK - do you think there may be a way to find a better photo of Jackie at all? The only one I can find is a black and white one that is on DoeNetwork....

Does anyone know how we could find a better picture of Jackie?

I find it sad that she disappeared at 12 and this is all the information we have for her.. she was still a child!!!

CarlK - do you think there may be a way to find a better photo of Jackie at all? The only one I can find is a black and white one that is on DoeNetwork....

I doubt it. She wasn't even in high school, so Classmates wouldn't have any of her school pics.

On her possible match to Arroyo Grande, I would say she is too young. Very rarely do they make that big of a screw-up estimating the age of a child. Arroyo Grande had impacted wisdom teeth. You would never see that on a 12-year old.

Good point on the wisdom teeth. It didn't see much resemblance but thought maybe if we had more information on her we could for sure get a better idea. So sad that no one seems to be looking for her...

Thinking of Arroyo Jane today and tomorrow. Hopefully a year from now she will have been identified.

So are many other people. Rick has spent years on finding her true identity. Thank you Roselvr and Carl, for all your help this weekend.

So are many other people. Rick has spent years on finding her true identity. Thank you Roselvr and Carl, for all your help this weekend.

Yes I Know others are too; but you're local & this is personal for you. I Know how hard you've been working to find her since finding her thread.

You're very welcome. Sorry I was in the middle of stuff & couldn't help more

NorthSouth Productions Sometimes what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... forever. Catch our new show Postmortem in Vegas premiering next Wednesday, October 15th at 10pm on LMN

The premiere of Postmortem in Vegas will air on Lifetime Movie Network which features Michael Murphy, the Coroner for Clark County, NV on October 15th at 7pm PST. Please check your TV guide to confirm time.

What about Cindy May Brown, missing from MN in July 1980 under unknown circumstances? Height matches, Cindy's eyes are blue, hair listed as curly. Cindy appears to have the same shape of nose as Arroyo Grande. Some sites spell her middle name as "Mae".
http://www.missingin.org/reg8670/cindy_mae_brown.htm.
Cindy is in NAMUS with DNA. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20955/0/

Although Cindy's hair is listed as brown, there was a very popular product called "Sun-In" for hair in 1980 . Meant to give blond "sun" highlights, it would give brown hair a reddish cast instead.(Trust me on that.) Here's a link to Sun-In.
http://www.liketotally80s.com/2011/04/sun-in/

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/feb/10/cold-cases-go-online-respect-victims/
Lengthy article.
Feb 10/ 2008

"An unsolved case, 27 years cold, sits on Clark County death investigator Rick Jones’ desk. He flips through it every day, and sometimes on the weekend, because he can’t shake two simple facts: Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe makes him think of his own daughter, just as someone out there must still be thinking of Jane “Arroyo Grande” Doe.

The popular estimate is that there are 40,000 unidentified human remains in the United States. Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy, like many experts, will tell you this number is conservative.

Buried or laid out in a coroner’s industrial cooler like unclaimed luggage, Clark County’s 162 unidentified dead are lost in a slow slipping from the earth, followed by the haunting of families that have no idea — the gnawing of not knowing."

This MP is fairly new in Namus; she was just added at the beginning of Feb. 2015 : Her name is Star Joy Dodson, missing from PA in July 1976 at age 21. Her age in 1980 would put her at the very upper end of Arroyo's estimated age range. Height is 1 inch off from Arroyo. Star's hair is listed as blond/strawberry and Star has blue eyes. Unfortunately, there is no photo of Star on NAMUS (yet). Star was last seen with her boyfriend in Hollidaysburg Memorial Park in Cambria County, PA. I could not find her on charleyproject or doenetwork yet. Searching the Cambria County official site under parks, there is no mention of Hollidaysburg Memorial Park.

Putting her name out there so we can hopefully locate a picture of Star to compare with Arroyo.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27610/15/

Googling: do they mean the American Legion Memorial Park in Hollidaysburg? Not finding much about it except its existence. There's a Discovery Garden in it, and it's popular for weddings and events. Don't know if it was then, though.

Not sure what the park's name is. Nothing comes up under "Hollidaysburg Memorial Park" in internet searches.

I had another thought about Arroyo-in life could she had been wearing eyeglasses and people were used to seeing her in glasses and that 's why she has been unidentified so long that people (her friends) don't recognize her without glasses? I found an MP that resembles Arroyo's recon, but the MP was wearing eyeglasses. I am going to take another look at the MP and try to imagine Arroyo wearing eyeglasses.

Now that I can see this clearer, this girl looks like my sister Mary Anne Wesolowski. How do I submit this to GFPD for comparison?

Paul, please look at post # 262 on this thread-Carl has designed and posted a much better and more beautiful recon of Arroyo Grande Jane than what is shown on the doenetwork link.

Please check your PMs- I sent you a message. If you did not get the message, let me know and I will resend it. Rick Jones is very, very determined to give Arroyo back her real name. He has spent years searching.

Bumping. Just looked at NAMUS for MPs recently entered that might match Arroyo. Did not see anyone from that time frame.......most of the newly entered MPs are from 2012-2015......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391