NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The rocky terrain will not be searched again unless new information merits a return, the father said." (Referring to Rolf Koecher)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700023628/Search-for-missing-Utah-man-yields-clothing-bone-fragments.html

This concerns me. Especially since we have heard, from WS members, that more searches in this area might be warranted.

This is only speculation, but they may have found something later Sat or Sun when reviewing things that had been tagged earlier. Found larger bones when doing so., etc.

Someone should have seen something either way.

According to fasteddy4, it's extremely dark out there at night - pitch black I believe is how he put it. If a person or persons were burying something, they wouldn't do it in broad daylight - but they would need some light.

So let's say they're doing this at night. They could use the headlights from their own vehicle, but then they would be visible to passersby on the road. If they parked the vehicle to obstruct the view to what they were doing, they would have needed a flashlight, which would have caught people's attention. Maybe even cause a good samaritan or 2 to stop and ask if they needed help. Definitely NOT the goal.

Either way - that particular spot would be very risky, IMO.

If you had a couple vehicles pulled over, you could shield "the work" and have a lookout. Pretend that you're helping a stranded motorist, stopping to chat, etc.

Someone should have seen something either way.

According to fasteddy4, it's extremely dark out there at night - pitch black I believe is how he put it. If a person or persons were burying something, they wouldn't do it in broad daylight - but they would need some light.

So let's say they're doing this at night. They could use the headlights from their own vehicle, but then they would be visible to passersby on the road. If they parked the vehicle to obstruct the view to what they were doing, they would have needed a flashlight, which would have caught people's attention. Maybe even cause a good samaritan or 2 to stop and ask if they needed help. Definitely NOT the goal.

Either way - that particular spot would be very risky, IMO.

Just a few pics of the SW during a full moon. The next one is April 28. Just go take a look at how much you can see.

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?path=CSP/CSP181/k1813188.jpg

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?path=PAI/PAI001/85668.jpg

Full Moon dates:
2009 Dec 2 07:33 Wed
2009 Dec 31 19:15 Thu

Thank you. I just found it. So if someone did do this, they would have had to wait til later in month for atleast the waxing. So probably not, but "waiting" has been done in the past. Not too many people would be paying attention to the desert around the holidays. Just sayin..

The reason I say this, is because I had my vehicle all of sudden stop functioning on a back road in Jersey one night. I was scared to death, but was amazed at how much I could see (full moon) after I turned the lights off to save my battery.

I was taught to hike in the dark, and only need a flashlight when there's no moon. A quarter moon is very bright for me. I can't imagine hauling a deer or elk or anything like that any distance, but I know it's done.

Could someone have seen something from the observation tower? Would be interesting to know if you could see the tower from that area.

I was taught to hike in the dark, and only need a flashlight when there's no moon. A quarter moon is very bright for me. I can't imagine hauling a deer or elk or anything like that any distance, but I know it's done.

Could someone have seen something from the observation tower? Would be interesting to know if you could see the tower from that area.

Yeah, if you're used to being out in the dark, and your eyes have adjusted, it's amazing how much you can see even by starlight. I grew up in a rural area where walking around in the dark without a flashlight was just a normal part of moving around. It's not like digging a hole to hide a body requires a lot of detailed vision.

One way to haul a deer or elk is to put it on a tarp and drag it. It's still a bit of work, but surprising how easily and fast a heavy object like that can be pulled.

Yeah, if you're used to being out in the dark, and your eyes have adjusted, it's amazing how much you can see even by starlight. I grew up in a rural area where walking around in the dark without a flashlight was just a normal part of moving around. It's not like digging a hole to hide a body requires a lot of detailed vision.

One way to haul a deer or elk is to put it on a tarp and drag it. It's still a bit of work, but surprising how easily and fast a heavy object like that can be pulled.

LMAO...I do this with objects around my house. Have done it outside too. Neighbors thought I was bonko, I'm sure.

Maybe fasteddy4 can pass by there on a dark night and let us know how dark it really is along that road. There are occupied homes to the east and the west. IMOHO, the spot they were digging up in those pics was too close to the road to bury a body. I suppose for hiking or hunting, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

I live here, I'm well aware. I'm also aware that if I can see, others can see me!

But people just don't pay much attention.

If YOU were driving by, you'd look.
I'd look.
Most of US would look.

At night, you can see a car coming a lot further than they can see what you're doing - so you just stop and chat.

But people just don't pay much attention.

If YOU were driving by, you'd look.
I'd look.
Most of US would look.

At night, you can see a car coming a lot further than they can see what you're doing - so you just stop and chat.

I get it. But why risk it at all? There are plenty of much more remote areas, with relatively easy access and well away from people where a murderer could just dump a body and not even have to bury it.

Did anybody take a picture of the supposed pet grave that was found during the search?

I'm sure there was more than one site that appeared to be a grave. I found one and flagged it after getting fasteddy4's opinion.

I assume the "experts" went back out into the field after the search and checked out all of the flagged areas - as well as suspicious areas that were not flagged. That would explain how something of importance was found later. There were ATV's there, but we were asked not to use them during the search. I did see them go out later, so I figured that's what they were doing.

I'm sure there was more than one site that appeared to be a grave. I found one and flagged it after getting fasteddy4's opinion.

I assume the "experts" went back out into the field after the search and checked out all of the flagged areas - as well as suspicious areas that were not flagged. That would explain how something of importance was found later. There were ATV's there, but we were asked not to use them during the search. I did see them go out later, so I figured that's what they were doing.

Thanks. I meant the one that had the "Jazz" name on it. I was curious about what it looked like. Trying to get a perspective on the area...

I get it. But why risk it at all? There are plenty of much more remote areas, with relatively easy access and well away from people where a murderer could just dump a body and not even have to bury it.

Because you need to get it over quickly? I dunno. It just seems if he'd be put there, he'd be there. Unless he was moved.

ETA: Just catching up on various news about missing/found remains, and saw this, about the Sherry (Shae) Sellers disappearance.

Talk about a bad search.

Thanks. I meant the one that had the "Jazz" name on it. I was curious about what it looked like. Trying to get a perspective on the area...

Not sure - fasteddy4 found it, but I don't think he had a camera. That was one site that really didn't need to be flagged. It was pretty elaborate and would be easy to find again.

I would worry about things like that, too. But I suspect that the kind of person who would murder somebody and dump the body does not think the same way you and I do.

Not sure - fasteddy4 found it, but I don't think he had a camera. That was one site that really didn't need to be flagged. It was pretty elaborate and would be easy to find again.

It seems kind of odd that somebody would put an elaborate pet grave out there in the middle of nowhere.

Because you need to get it over quickly? I dunno. It just seems if he'd be put there, he'd be there. Unless he was moved.

ETA: Just catching up on various news about missing/found remains, and saw this, about the Sherry (Shae) Sellers disappearance.

Talk about a bad search.

That is unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members