NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how relevant, but JB's partner in the landscaping business, MAY own a Mexican restaurant also.

What's IWB?

On #8. It is one of the names--three initials. I brought this up ages ago, but there was no real response to it. I'm wondering if possible family connection to GW. ????

ETA: There may have been a change in the name of the landscaping business just as his employer had changed also.

The PI talked about upcoming searches on the FB page; you've read that - right?

....and if it was, aren't we absolutely destroying whatever the intention was, through such public speculation?

I don't thing so. Public speculation is just that...speculation.

I'm not seeing anything on future searches on the FB. Where is that info?

....and if it was, aren't we absolutely destroying whatever the intention was, through such public speculation?

How so? If the search was legit, it sounds as though it was not handled properly. If it was designed to accomplish something else, maybe it wasn't really the best way to do it, or maybe it worked and we just don't know it yet!

Speculating is what we do here. Has been all along.

Just a little info:

http://www.people-finders.ws/Summary.asp?vw=people&input=name&fn=jeff&mn=&ln=bradshaw&city=&state=nv

Numbers 6,7 & 8 on the list.

Also found foreclosure and bank sale on JB. Sept/Dec if you'd like to see it, let me know. I don't know if linking that here would be appropriate.

ETA: I found the one of the names IWB interesting.

I saw the name, why is it interesting? Is it because of who built the homes in SCA?

ETA: nevermind i just saw your other post.

That was Mr Koecher, Steven's father, with a valid POV. We don't get that kind of input very often, and I think it should at least be respected.

I don't understand why a distraught father's comments would be met with skepticism (ie, as if he had a sinister intent).

I never said anything about sinister intent- right?

Is debate about the intention of the search now off the list of things that can be discussed? This cat is long out of the bag I think.

Sure, if the dogs are trained working trails that age no problem. 4 days is not old at all. 24 hours aged is what is required for most testing, just an fyi.

Thanks, Sarx. How about 17+ days after the person had been known to pass an area, at least once anyway? Would it have been tough for the trail to be picked up?

JB is Steven's cousin (2nd) and his only relative in the Vegas area, IIRC. The rest of Steven's family lives in northern Utah, so it just makes sense for JB to be the boots on the ground here. There is no reason to believe Steven was here to visit him.

Thanks, Sarx. How about 17+ days after the person had been known to pass an area, at least once anyway? Would it have been tough for the trail to be picked up?

sarx's answer to this question earlier today:

As for the scent dogs. If I understood correctly they were not brought out until 2 weeks after the car was left there correct? This is pushing the limits for most. The majority of groups do not train for trails this old, and a dog from the Vegas desert would be even less likely to have this training because the climate generally is not favorable for being able to run a trail this old. Another dog could have been brought out, but I would not have been surprised that it came to the same conclusion.

I never said anything about sinister intent- right?

Is debate about the intention of the search now off the list of things that can be discussed? This cat is long out of the bag I think.

No disrespect meant.
I'm just sayin' that if the was an ulterior motive for the search, that cat warned any lurkers days ago - even before the search began.

They don't search, and we're unhappy here.
They search, and we're unhappy here.

I guess we'll just be happy when this is solved.

JB is Steven's cousin (2nd) and his only relative in the Vegas area, IIRC. The rest of Steven's family lives in northern Utah, so it just makes sense for JB to be the boots on the ground here. There is no reason to believe Steven was here to visit him.

There is "no reason" to believe anything we have Fairy.
Just throwing out ideas of possibilites.

We have been trying to find a connection between Steven being in the LV area. The only people in that connection, that we know of, are GW and JB.

No disrespect meant.
I'm just sayin' that if the was an ulterior motive for the search, that cat warned any lurkers days ago - even before the search began.

I'm just sayin' - if the purpose was to draw out a perp, announcing the search was a good idea - as long as they were watching the search area.

If it was meant to be a real search for Steven's remains, perhaps it wasn't structured in the best possible way. Of course, it seems LE isn't fully engaged, and I think that would be helpful.

No disrespect meant.

Not sure, but I think your missing the point she is making.
The search may have been put together to smoke out someone. So publicizing the search, could have done it's job. No one will ever know unless the PI tells it.

I'm just sayin' - if the purpose was to draw out a perp, announcing the search was a good idea - as long as they were watching the search area.

If it was meant to be a real search for Steven's remains, perhaps it wasn't structured in the best possible way. Of course, it seems LE isn't fully engaged, and I think that would be helpful.

Certainly. I just hate to think of anyone involved in the last search, being demotivated from helping again (including the organizers).

I think it was a heroic effort, and totally agree that LE hasn't been totally engaged from the start.

Example of a Florida HOA car parking rules....

No cars on the street
No cars on the grass
No cars extending over sidewalk
Cars in garage okay
Cars in driveway okay

If you park in a person's driveway, the car in the garage may be blocked.

Needless to say, I no longer live in an HOA...or in Florida!!

In Nevada, unless the streets are privately owned (meaning gated by most standards), even an HOA cannot prohibit on-street parking. When I called the HOA and talked to them about this, they "might have" been involved since the car was not parked in front of anyone's house...so their enforecement "would have" been the ones that called the police, parents, etc. Anymore information had to be requested from LE or the family...so I am sure the family and LE would know by now if there were other cars in the area parked in that same spot for "long" periods of time.

There is "no reason" to believe anything we have Fairy.
Just throwing out ideas of possibilites.

We have been trying to find a connection between Steven being in the LV area. The only people in that connection, that we know of, are GW and JB.

True. But JB has stepped up big time, IMO. I'm sure any possible connection would have been ruled out long ago.

BBM
No, not on the surface anyways, if he wasn't familiar with the area I could see him calling it all Las Vegas. I do that with Southern California and tend to call it all L.A. (and boy does the family down there get miffed).

I think it's great that alot of sleuthers don't find it weird...that means he didn't go out of his way to lie (about where he was) or try to make it sound less un-sabbath (not really sure how to put this to non-members). That would say that he had nothing to hide in his mind...right?

Certainly. I just hate to think of anyone involved in the last search, being demotivated from helping again (including the organizers).

I think it was a heroic effort, and totally agree that LE hasn't been totally engaged from the start.

snipped: your post #620---Are we going in circles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe09
If it was to smoke someone or something out, wow...it was an interesting approach.

I'm not demotivated (can't speak for my thighs and *advertiser censored**!). But it's going to be very hot here very soon, so they better get on it.

IMO, if there is a reliable tip that Steven's remains are out there somewhere, the search needs to be done professionally.

Did any of us mention there were young children on the search?

I'm not demotivated (can't speak for my thighs and *advertiser censored**!). But it's going to be very hot here very soon, so they better get on it.

IMO, if there is a reliable tip that Steven's remains are out there somewhere, the search needs to be done professionally.

Did any of us mention there were young children on the search?

I saw some in the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member