NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know -- and I agree 100% with what you were saying. I was answering more generically.

It's just that there have been questions that the family "couldn't" answer, and we've seen some here later redefine it as "wouldn't". I know that's been hurtful to the family.

Yes, it would have to be hurtful. It's terrible for them to have everything dragged out in public, most of it irrelevant, and then having people put the worst possible construction on it. It's unfair, unkind, and not helpful. When we find Steven, I hope they slap him upside the head with a fish for putting them through that -- though if he felt like he was in such a corner that he had to go, I suppose he's putting himself through it too.

I just wish we could find him and get everything back the way it should be.

Yes, it would have to be hurtful. It's terrible for them to have everything dragged out in public, most of it irrelevant, and then having people put the worst possible construction on it. It's unfair, unkind, and not helpful. When we find Steven, I hope they slap him upside the head with a fish for putting them through that -- though if he felt like he was in such a corner that he had to go, I suppose he's putting himself through it too.

With all due respect, we don't know yet what's been irrelevant. And it's entirely possible that the way things were for Steven is exactly what made him walk away.

I still have hope he is alive and well.

I have looked into his Mother's eyes and met many members of his loving family. I want him to be okay for them.

I hate to go O/T here, but have ya'll looked at this case? The answers are yet to come, but it's intriguing:

Tortured and emaciated man dropped off at Canadian hospital - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ewww. Now *I* need to go look at pictures of kittens, too.

While we're on the subject of cases that could be similar to Steven's, last week I remembered a similar case from Utah, a few years ago (2006). It had much less news coverage than Steven's case, and in fact I didn't even know he'd been found, until right now.

The person is younger than Steven, but it also involved a car found in another state for no explained reason.

Like Steven, extensive desert searches were conducted: Diego Acevedo.

With all due respect, we don't know yet what's been irrelevant. And it's entirely possible that the way things were for Steven is exactly what made him walk away.

I still have hope he is alive and well.

I have looked into his Mother's eyes and met many members of his loving family. I want him to be okay for them.

Yes, we don't know *which* details are irrelevant, but it's nearly certain that most of what we've talked about, isn't. Not all.

Yes, we don't know *which* details are irrelevant, but it's nearly certain that most of what we've talked about, isn't. Not all.

You're right - not all. Only one. Which one is it?

Ewww. Now *I* need to go look at pictures of kittens, too.

While we're on the subject of cases that could be similar to Steven's, last week I remembered a similar case from Utah, a few years ago (2006). It had much less news coverage than Steven's case, and in fact I didn't even know he'd been found, until right now.

The person is younger than Steven, but it also involved a car found in another state for no explained reason.

Like Steven, extensive desert searches were conducted: Diego Acevedo.

That is interesting. His car in WY and other items still missing and his family believes they even walked within a few hundred feet of his body without spotting him.

The pieces of the puzzle may finally come together, but no one will ever be the same. I just hope they're all together again, OR at least have an answer to what happened.

The vacancy. Hopeless.

If SK's found safely, maybe we should suggest a "spank for charity" line-up?

That is interesting. His car in WY and other items still missing and his family believes they even walked within a few hundred feet of his body without spotting him.

Yup.

I remember following it locally when it happened in 2006, then we started travelling. He was found while we on a three-day road trip from Pennsylvania to Utah, and I wasn't checking the online news.

But the similarities are striking. It just goes to show that despite good searches, things can be missed. The wallet? I wonder if the sheepherder found it first, or someone else came by. Or if he was with someone, who robbed him.

Sometimes, there's no answers.

Yup.

I remember following it locally when it happened in 2006, then we started travelling. He was found while we on a three-day road trip from Pennsylvania to Utah, and I wasn't checking the online news.

But the similarities are striking. It just goes to show that despite good searches, things can be missed. The wallet? I wonder if the sheepherder found it first, or someone else came by. Or if he was with someone, who robbed him.

Sometimes, there's no answers.

And once again they say he had no reason to go there.

The one line from the Canada case that strikes home in Steven's case is the description of the victim as "not a streetwise kind of person."

(from the first news report on the link)

And once again they say he had no reason to go there.

Acevedo had been apparently been depressed before he disappeared -- but still, there were several searches. (I tend to think that places more urgency on a search, not less, because it's a clear case of endangerment.)

He drove "30 minutes" down a dirt road, apparently at random. The car's battery was dead, and the CD player was in the "on" position. It almost sounds like he went out there to do something, and changed his mind -- but died trying to walk back to Little America.

There is NOTHING around Little America. It's a huge travel oasis about 20 miles west of Green River, Wyoming. Upscale motels, two restautants, gift shop, travel center, truck stop -- all in that wonderful, traditional Wyoming style called "Colonial". ;)

The West is big.

When you travel down a deserted road and then leave your vehicle on foot, ill-prepared for the April 28th weather in Wyoming (wearing flip flops), you're not going to survive.

The weather on Dec 13th 2009 in Henderson NV was likely about the same as in Green River/Little America WY in late April 2006.

So it originates out of St. George then? LOL

She mentions that the link in this twitter feed is broken.
http://twitter.com/srpConsultancy/status/14725965426

Yes, the link is broken and the story was removed from the KCSG (St George TV station) website - for legitimate reasons.

Last week, it was posted here and many of us (including the original author of the story, swjaxon) recognized it as an uncredited "borrowing" of jaxon's work for KLAS-TV/8newsnow in Las Vegas .

It was odd that the story was posted, because jaxon wrote it last January.

And it was REALLY odd because the St George media really hasn't done much at all with Steven's case....

Yes, the link is broken and the story was removed from the KCSG (St George TV station) website - for legitimate reasons.

Last week, it was posted here and many of us (including the original author of the story, swjaxon) recognized it as an uncredited "borrowing" of jaxon's work for KLAS-TV/8newsnow in Las Vegas .

It was odd that the story was posted, because jaxon wrote it last January.

And it was REALLY odd because the St George media really hasn't done much at all with Steven's case....

That was really bold of them to do that. Out right stealing, really.

That was really bold of them to do that. Out right stealing, really.

Had to be; otherwise, wouldn't they have credited the original source?

If someone at KCSG was trying to give the story a little "life", they could have easily written their own, updated story.

Had to be; otherwise, wouldn't they have credited the original source?

If someone at KCSG was trying to give the story a little "life", they could have easily written their own, updated story.

I wish they would write their own story to get SK back in the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria_Falc