NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish there was something new to lead us to Steven.

It's going to be 105 degees here before this time next week. Not exactly ideal searching weather....

Wish there was something new to lead us to Steven.

It's going to be 105 degees here before this time next week. Not exactly ideal searching weather....

Is that a busier, or less busy, hiking season?

In our red rock country, the hottest months attract the most explorers.

Is that a busier, or less busy, hiking season?

In our red rock country, the hottest months attract the most explorers.

Probably busy at Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston - for heartier souls than I. It's cooler in both of those locations than in the city. For me, it's from home garage to work garage in the summer.

Probably busy at Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston - for heartier souls than I. It's cooler in both of those locations than in the city. For me, it's from home garage to work garage in the summer.

Don't blame you there.

I was just wondering if maybe the folks from SCA would walk about the hills a bit more, but I guess the snowbirds are vacating SCA about now. I would.

Don't blame you there.

I was just wondering if maybe the folks from SCA would walk about the hills a bit more, but I guess the snowbirds are vacating SCA about now. I would.

It's possible. I know lots of folks who LOVE the heat. I'm just not one of them!

I'm just a lurker, but I had some thoughts to add about SK. It has been stated that his roommate was into drugs (possibly dealing) and that SK didn't say much about this or complain. It has also been stated that SK couldn't pay the rent. Could it be that SK was buying some drugs and developed a problem? Money runs out quickly when that happens. Depression and despair happens as well. Drastic steps are taken by people when addiction grabs a hold. Could he have been suicidal?

I'm just a lurker, but I had some thoughts to add about SK. It has been stated that his roommate was into drugs (possibly dealing) and that SK didn't say much about this or complain. It has also been stated that SK couldn't pay the rent. Could it be that SK was buying some drugs and developed a problem? Money runs out quickly when that happens. Depression and despair happens as well. Drastic steps are taken by people when addiction grabs a hold. Could he have been suicidal?

Nice to have you weigh in, Hambone!

I doubt the roommate was dealing drugs - only because he should have been able to pay his rent if that was the case. I get the feeling he was just a loser-user.

That doesn't mean Steven wasn't on something through other means. We really don't know.

Hope you'll stick around!

Drugs. That has definitely been a theory. Running drugs, using them. He didn't have anything to show for being thirty years old. He couldn't pay rent or hold a job. Depression and despair could have set in. Suicide is definitely a possibility.

Drugs. That has definitely been a theory. Running drugs, using them. He didn't have anything to show for being thirty years old. He couldn't pay rent or hold a job. Depression and despair could have set in. Suicide is definitely a possibility.

You are right, RR. But I just cannot believe he wouldn't have been found by now - if it was a suicide. I also can't understand why he would have come here for that.

Still, nothing can really be ruled out. Still.

You are right, RR. But I just cannot believe he wouldn't have been found by now - if it was a suicide. I also can't understand why he would have come here for that.

Still, nothing can really be ruled out. Still.

It is a possibility, though not my theory. Doesn't LDS frown upon suicide? That could definitely make him not want to be found if he did commit suicide.

It is a possibility, though not my theory. Doesn't LDS frown upon suicide? That could definitely make him not want to be found if he did commit suicide.

It's not my theory either. But, someone (sbakker, I think) recently posted about the LDS church's position on suicide. It doesn't seem to be as damning as within certain other religions. It also appears to be somewhat common - relatively speaking.

http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/basic/doctrines/suicide_eom.htm

http://exposingmormonism.blogspot.com/2007/10/mormon-suicide-list.html

"....just a lurker...."? We can use lurkers and contributors here, because there's obviously something we're missing.

Suicide is the simplest explanation. If he walked into the hills for a few hours, he'd have been far beyond the areas searched.
If he's a crime victim or suicide, he likely won't be found until someone stumbles across his remains.

If he's walked away, he's had to hide money and communications - and committed nearly the perfect disappearance. He should come back and write a book on how to do it "for real". It'd be a best-seller.

With respect to the "perfect disappearance" theory, I beg to differ.

IMO, Steven could easily have gone off the grid. We have been told his desires are simple and there are plenty of folks in Vegas (or anywhere for that matter) that would employ him "under the table." I just don't believe he would have to be a mastermind to pull it off.

No, that was not me that posted about the LDS church's theory on suicide.

Sorry! I can't remember who posted it and now I can't find it! It was recently, though.

With respect to the "perfect disappearance" theory, I beg to differ.

IMO, Steven could easily have gone off the grid. We have been told his desires are simple and there are plenty of folks in Vegas (or anywhere for that matter) that would employ him "under the table." I just don't believe he would have to be a mastermind to pull it off.

I totally agree with you on this. I'm not sure I think that's what happened, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

Especially if he's moving around -- drifters can go years without leaving a trace.

Did anyone figure out the "rocket" tower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter