NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you heard from the owners? Or because the family told you that? The dates are very odd to me regardless.

I heard from someone who knows what his real eBay ID, verified through his email account, is.

The dates were intriguing, but leaving feedback in the middle of driving to Ruby Valley, and then again 8 days after the last call to VM, didn't fit either.
Also, Steven was on his mission in 1999 when the accounts were registered.

I heard from someone who knows what his real eBay ID, verified through his email account, is.

The dates were intriguing, but leaving feedback in the middle of driving to Ruby Valley, and then again 8 days after the last call to VM, didn't fit either.
Also, Steven was on his mission in 1999 when the accounts were registered.

Good work.

Just want to mention, I'm fairly certain the Henderson PD has more peeps and more resources than Metro. That fact has been a bit of a stickler for me all along in Steven's case.

Honestly....

Henderson PD has 23 unsolved murders dating back to 1976; that's 34 years ago. If I had had to guess how many, I'd probably have guessed much higher. That's like 2/3 of a case, each year.

Here's their cold case website.

I wish they'd list ALL the cases that are being considered. It might generate some tips for a case they're not looking at right now.

Henderson PD has 23 unsolved murders dating back to 1976; that's 34 years ago. If I had had to guess how many, I'd probably have guessed much higher. That's like 2/3 of a case, each year.

Here's their cold case website.

I wish they'd list ALL the cases that are being considered. It might generate some tips for a case they're not looking at right now.

Maybe they will? It would be helpful.

34 years ago, Henderson was not even remotely like it is now. I think I've mentioned before there is "Henderson" and then there is "Green Valley Henderson." Truly apples and oranges. I would be very interested to know the numbers by year. I would bet that the majority of the unsolved cases are from long ago. The population in that area has grown immensely in recent years and the demographics are much different than they were back in the day.

Still - even if Steven's case isn't one they'll be looking at, maybe they'll find some kind of lead.

Oh Steven, where are you?

Maybe they will? It would be helpful.

34 years ago, Henderson was not even remotely like it is now. I think I've mentioned before there is "Henderson" and then there is "Green Valley Henderson." Truly apples and oranges. I would be very interested to know the numbers by year. I would bet that the majority of the unsolved cases are from long ago. The population in that area has grown immensely in recent years and the demographics are much different than they were back in the day.

Still - even if Steven's case isn't one they'll be looking at, maybe they'll find some kind of lead.

Oh Steven, where are you?

It's like when you were all out searching for Steven on April 10th, and Mahoney was searching for that woman at the other end of town. What if the two searches were purposely planned that way?

Just because you're looking for one person, doesn't mean you can't find something else.

It's like when you were all out searching for Steven on April 10th, and Mahoney was searching for that woman at the other end of town. What if the two searches were purposely planned that way?

Just because you're looking for one person, doesn't mean you can't find something else.

Indeed!

I don't know if the searches were purposely planned on the same day. Mahoney didn't know about Steven's search until right before - sort of an afterthought, sadly. Opal has been missing longer than Steven and she is from the Northeast side of town. I think that last search for her was mostly a courtesy to her family. Poor little thing. I live very close to her last search area and it's all I can do nearly every day to keep from looking for her. I do believe she's up there, somewhere.

Cannot say the same for our Steven...

Indeed!

I don't know if the searches were purposely planned on the same day. Mahoney didn't know about Steven's search until right before - sort of an afterthought, sadly. Opal has been missing longer than Steven and she is from the Northeast side of town. I think that last search for her was mostly a courtesy to her family. Poor little thing. I live very close to her last search area and it's all I can do nearly every day to keep from looking for her. I do believe she's up there, somewhere.

Cannot say the same for our Steven...

I don't think Opal's up there; I think she's more likely disposed of....in a disposal system.

(That's why I always wonder if the trash pick-up in SCA was on Mondays.)at's

I don't think Opal's up there; I think she's more likely disposed of....in a disposal system.

(That's why I always wonder if the trash pick-up in SCA was on Mondays.)at's

That is a valid thought, for sure. But, I do think Opal may be up here, somewhere.

Hubby and I went hiking up there recently. He was looking for wildflowers, I was looking for bones. Isn't that sad?

That is a valid thought, for sure. But, I do think Opal may be up here, somewhere.

Hubby and I went hiking up there recently. He was looking for wildflowers, I was looking for bones. Isn't that sad?

bbm

I know it isn't funny but I laughed. You know you are on WS too much when you look for bones or talk to someone and almost
say " moo " at the end of the sentence. LOL

bbm

I know it isn't funny but I laughed. You know you are on WS too much when you look for bones or talk to someone and almost

Or drive along noticing all the places where there could be a body in the ditch and have to resist the temptation to stop to look...

bbm

Yes Ma'am! It is sad. But I've been looking for bones for years and my Hubby and Kids have NO idea!

bbm

I discussed the Yosemite Murders elsewhere. When my neighbor bought a 1999 red Pontiac, I mentioned "that's just like Carole Sund's rental car!"....and then immediately was greeted with many strange looks.

Yes Ma'am! It is sad. But I've been looking for bones for years and my Hubby and Kids have NO idea!

We need to hire THIS DOG to help!

(Kayenta AZ is in the north-eastern area of Arizona, about 375 miles from Henderson NV....on the reservation)

ETA:
I'm not saying I believe this has anything to do with Steven's case.

We need to hire THIS DOG to help!

(Kayenta AZ is in the north-eastern area of Arizona, about 375 miles from Henderson NV....on the reservation)

ETA:
I'm not saying I believe this has anything to do with Steven's case.

Jeez - almost fell outta my chair when I saw that! There's a fellow missing from Kayenta who came up in one of my UID searches ages ago. Could be him!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tsosie_kelvin.html

Sorry to go O/T. But then again, it could happen.

bbm

Hahaha! I resist saying or typing "moo" outside of here. Though I do believe I say "in my opinion" a lot more these days!

But I'll tell you what, I sure wish I had :waitasec: :sick: and especially :rolleyes: at work!

Any searches planned for inside some of the ping areas?? My heart goes out to the Koechers...

Steven - tell us how to find you!!!

I see so many lost souls in my travels every day and I hope he is not among them - but then again, I hope he is. At least he would still be living and can be saved!

Nothing and mine too.

Where to search?

The pings encompass nearly the entire Las Vegas valley, as well as I-15 south from St George. AND from what the experts say, those pings could bounce all over your huge valley .... of a million + people.

There's no way to search, absent a specific tip.

Where to search?

The pings encompass nearly the entire Las Vegas valley, as well as I-15 south from St George. AND from what the experts say, those pings could bounce all over your huge valley .... of a million + people.

There's no way to search, absent a specific tip.

Yep - nowhere to search. :(

Stupid pings! The answer will come from elsewhere, I think - IMO, MOO, IMOHO.

But WHERE??? What are we missing? I'm thinking it's something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA