NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ella's mom ---thanks for adding my questions -
all the new post have my mind spinning again - I think my hubby is feeling neglected b/c I can't get this off my mind.
Oh sometimes in the LDS church the "confessional" I don't think is as secretive or as strict as the catholic church, of course if things are said in confidence they are kept in confidence - there have been times that I have known bishops go to parents when kids have come to them to confess though.

What would cause a bishop to go to the parents? Also, Steven is a 30-year-old man; would that still apply - especially if they belonged to different wards in different cities with different bishops? Would the bishop reveal anything confidential to LE under the circumstances?

What would cause a bishop to go to the parents? Also, Steven is a 30-year-old man; would that still apply - especially if they belonged to different wards in different cities with different bishops? Would the bishop reveal anything confidential to LE under the circumstances?

ummm well without going into detail - sometimes the bishop & the parents are personel friends & think that by bringing in the parents they may help...I don't think this is the case in SK case because of the age but hey you never know - I was basically answering a question if the confession process is similar to other religions. :)

Snipped for space:

I remember that too though I don't know if it's "common." But why would they just leave his car there waiting to be found?

I wonder if Steven's family has determined whether he had a Craigslist account? Don't you have to join to answer ads there? Another question for Naegle, I think.

I'm not familiar with C/L. Seems everything that I've heard about it is bad news.
As far as them leaving his car there, if they wanted Steven for some reason, and they got him, why should they worry about his car? If it was someone on EL or close proximity, they could just lie. If someone was wanting Steven for a nefarious reason, I doubt they would tell anyone. KWIM.

Where did you see a reference about sleep-walking? I don't recall that!?!?!?

Waaaay back in the beginning. I don't recall if it was Naegle, Tom or who was recalling the story or if it was on here or the FB a/c, but I thought it was pretty funny at the time. Apparently, the guy he took on during that episode was quite a bit larger than him.

I remember that-too-about the sleepwalking.

If I'm not mistaken-Naeagle talked about it in one of her first posts to the board.

Prayers for the family of Morgan Harrington. They are fairly sure they found her body today. Charlottesville, VA.:(

Laytonian,

Can you ask if the AT&T number that was called on the 13th, was called before? I realize it was for AT&T VM, but if he normally just dialed his own number like I do, that information would lead toward something more sinister taking place...in my mind.

Yes he would.
A bishop would work with LE.

I wonder if Steven's family has determined whether he had a Craigslist account? Don't you have to join to answer ads there? Another question for Naegle, I think.

You don't need an account to answer ads, or even to post them. I use Craigslist a lot.

With regards to the segment of followers of this thread who believe Steven was looking for a job. Sure it is possible but what I find odd about the employment theory is that he left NO discernable paper or e-trail behind him if he was just going for an interview. No visit to mapquest, no unidentified calls on his cell phone, no indication that he emailed out a resume, etc.

It looks like (and maybe one day we will know for sure) that Steven deleted recent history from his computer. Whether he wiped the hard drive clean is another story, we don't have that information. Some people who share a computer regularly delete history of usage. I am for the most part the only person who uses my laptop and I will clean out the history every few months. Steven seemed like a bit of a loner who would not be sharing his laptop with others. So to me, it seems beyond coincidence that Steven just happened to delete his usage history before going out to Vegas.

I don't think the family has said that the usage had been deleted. I think what they said was there was nothing that they found that related to his disappearance. Putting 2 and 2 together, that would mean there was nothing on there that would explain why he was going to Vegas that weekend. In this day and age, the internet is where many people find jobs, especially if the job is in another city.

I wonder if there is a library near his house and if he was a frequent visitor. If he couldn't get internet at home, he may have went there.

I wonder if there is a library near his house and if he was a frequent visitor. If he couldn't get internet at home, he may have went there.

that is very true. and at the same time, he could have been doing just about any other communications from a public computer.

why go through all that trouble unless the computer user is trying to conceal what he is doing?

it is my understanding that he owned his own laptop and that the house had wireless internet access so he did not have to pay for his own service provider.

I don't know that I believe 100% that Steven's presence was due to seeking employment in a traditional sense, IE he was starting a job in the development that would require his ID. I think it is a possibility for sure.

If he were scoping out the neighborhood looking for business or if he had been sent to the area because of a prior contact with someone who might have wanted their house decorated or windows washed, I am not sure he would have been carrying documents for employment deliberately-but I do not know. Do people who hire contractors in this sense require some kind of citizenship based ID?? Maybe he had lost his drivers license or sold it for money....

I agree with those who think that whatever led to this moment did not start in Vegas, but some time before.

that is very true. and at the same time, he could have been doing just about any other communications from a public computer.

why go through all that trouble unless the computer user is trying to conceal what he is doing?

it is my understanding that he owned his own laptop and that the house had wireless internet access so he did not have to pay for his own service provider.

Did Steven connect to the internet through his phone?

I have a hard time figuring out why he left the car there. But, if one or both of his parents co signed on his car note Steven could not have sold the car without all parties on the note being in agreement.
I think Steven's outlook changed following his last conversation with his father ; we know that his father was questioning Steven about money, and being in arrears on his rent.We know that Steven hung up on his father. This may well have led Steven into doing things in the way of employment that he had perhaps never have considered before.
I believe that there was a lot more to Steven than we might think ; many facets to his personality that we are not aware of. I'm beginning to think he might have been good at deception.
* I do remember a woman being killed after she answered a craigslist ad ; but, I think she was in the sex trade, which,sadly, by its very nature is high risk work.*

I was in thread two looking for something and re-read that Steven did not have internet access at home. Bigtexas was posting about Steven being quick to respond to text messages but not so much being involved in facebook....you all may have covered this.

I have been following this thread and I think it could be possible he was having an affair,
Possibly not paying rent so he could spend money on someone else. Parking his car so it would not be visible to others. Often, people do not want to draw attention to themselves,
if they are having an affair. This could also explain why no one saw him. Admitting it would
bring their own life crashing down. Sill hard to believe that on a Sunday afternoon, when
more people would be off work,that he was not seen.

Thanks Ruby!!! I appreciate your perspective and was just pondering why on a Sunday at noon, he did not draw more attention in that area....in my mom's over 55 community, the folks can relate to the minute what strangers have passed through, what they were doing and how long they were there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member