NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by Naegle on 1/13/10

Interesting! I've wondered if there were mental disorders that might have happened. Steven isn't clinically bipolar and aside from being mildly depressed about the job situ he hasn't been diagnosed with anything. BUT Steven is almost famous for talking and walking/acting in his sleep. I remember a story from family legend where Steven challenged a big burly guy (who was a guest of Steven's roommate) to a fight while he was asleep. He remembered nothing about it when he woke up. Could this be a warning sign of something more serious?
BBM

Thank you, hollyblue, for hunting down this post made by Naegle. While it be impossible to determine if Steven's sleepwalking was a symptom of an underlying/undiagnosed condition.....it is certainly relevant to his case for the reason you previously posted:

"Who's to say, if he did stay somewhere with someone, that this might have happened again; and things got out of hand. Maybe the person(s) was not aware that he had done this before."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV-Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson MSG 13 Dec 09 thread #4

I thought Sun City's HOAs prohibited door-to-door solicitation (?)

He *could* have (perhaps) posted his business card on various community bulletin boards, like in grocery stores or the community center.

It'd be interesting to know what kind of calls are now coming IN to his cell phone.

I'm quite sure they do - most of the HOA's I've dealt with prohibit just about everything short of breathing!

Maybe he was putting them on mailboxes. I don't know about SCA, but in my development we have large mail lock boxes that contain several resident boxes. I often see signs and advertisements for various services, lost pets, etc.

I'm calm and zen-like. Really. Do I need to use more smileys? :angel:

We can't browbeat information out of anyone...and every time we re-ask an unanswered question, that just means a longer list of questions. And the longer the list of questions, the more we pile on, the fewer responses we get.

And to be perfect honest: I don't understand the importance of knowing Steven's favorite color. I really believe that cluttering the question list with that kind of things, means we won't get answers to the pithier issues.
But I'm an analytic, rather than a romanticist. ;)

We're dealing with fragile people who are stuck halfway between hope and grief.

I haven't seen an update of exactly what took place in LV this past week end with the family. Could we be brought up-to-date on that or is it privy?

Posted by Naegle on 1/13/10

Interesting! I've wondered if there were mental disorders that might have happened. Steven isn't clinically bipolar and aside from being mildly depressed about the job situ he hasn't been diagnosed with anything. BUT Steven is almost famous for talking and walking/acting in his sleep. I remember a story from family legend where Steven challenged a big burly guy (who was a guest of Steven's roommate) to a fight while he was asleep. He remembered nothing about it when he woke up. Could this be a warning sign of something more serious?
[BBM]

Interesting wording.....will have to go back through that thread to see if Naegle elaborated on her wondering. Also, imo, the "Steven isn't clinically bipolar...." gives pause for thought.

Hmmm....you just made me think of something. There's an easy way, particularly in Utah, to "hide" your debts....and they're on nearly every corner: payday lenders.

If someone started out by cashing little checks, and couldn't make the payment due in two weeks, the debt rolls over, the interest rate gets higher, and it's an avalanche of debt. They could end up owing someone a lot of money -- and it's not going to show on his bank records. Neither are the payments, if they're being made with cash.

I've been trying to figure out how Steven could have supported himself in St George, for seven months, by washing windows. Maybe the answer is: he didn't.

This is going to be one of the more outrageous theories - but what the heck:

WHAT IF: Steven parked the car, so someone else could come along and steal it (with Steven getting some money from the "transaction"). Whether there was insurance or not, he could (in his own mind) be "free" of the car. BUT....the person who was to come along and drive the car away, was savvy enough to notice the security cameras. So the car (with apparently NONE of his valuables in it!) didn't disappear, and he's even in deeper.

I have to weigh in here-I know someone whose sketchy brother could not continue to make his car payments so he paid some dude to take the car and torch it in another state.

Really.

And o/t, the only reason I know is because I live in an apartment building and I am the only one foolish enough to pick up my phone during the day-sketchy brother has my address as LKO address because this is a multi unit building. And continuing to go O/T I found myself speaking to a state police officer with whom I had worked a missing person case in his state....quite by coincidence. Which is why I got the full story behind what the officer was looking for....:angel:

Sorry to derail us for a moment-just so you all know that this is not impossible, lol!!!

A recap, maybe a whole new theory/direction :

No one in Anthem saw Steven there on that Sunday afternoon.

The scenthounds did not pick up a trace of his scent.

The only evidence of his presence is a grainy,brief video. If he was present on other videos,and his image was more clear, I am sure that the family would have produced those videos. I have wanted to know from the family exactly what it is, based on the videos, that tells them that this is Steven ?

We have no receipts to tell us that Steven was in Vegas either Saturday night, or into Sunday.

We never did find out what Mr. Wells was doing in Vegas.

I think someone dumped Steven's car there in Anthem. I do not believe that Steven was murdered. This seems to be a situation where different people know different things, especially with reference to the family.

There would be no reason for Steven or other people not familiar with the neighbors to know that Mr. Security had camera's to catch him walking away. Because it's in the area his car was found and the man walking so closely resembles Steven, I'm pretty convinced it was him. It would be pretty elaborate to try to put it all together. JMO.

Hmmm....you just made me think of something. There's an easy way, particularly in Utah, to "hide" your debts....and they're on nearly every corner: payday lenders.

If someone started out by cashing little checks, and couldn't make the payment due in two weeks, the debt rolls over, the interest rate gets higher, and it's an avalanche of debt. They could end up owing someone a lot of money -- and it's not going to show on his bank records. Neither are the payments, if they're being made with cash.

I've been trying to figure out how Steven could have supported himself in St George, for seven months, by washing windows. Maybe the answer is: he didn't.

This is going to be one of the more outrageous theories - but what the heck:

WHAT IF: Steven parked the car, so someone else could come along and steal it (with Steven getting some money from the "transaction"). Whether there was insurance or not, he could (in his own mind) be "free" of the car. BUT....the person who was to come along and drive the car away, was savvy enough to notice the security cameras. So the car (with apparently NONE of his valuables in it!) didn't disappear, and he's even in deeper.

Both thoughts are "doable". The interest rates on those check cashing places can be astronomical. Not a good thing. If he was planning insurance fraud, he would of had to stick around for the payment and would have left the keys in the car. We don't have any answers to how many hours/wk he worked or the payment activity. There are many seedy "ways" for a young man to make extra money--same as young women. Human trafficing is on the rise...more people disappearing all the time, but they usually pick kids/teen more than young adults.

Heck, maybe he hit the jackpot or won the lottery and just bugged out to go party for awhile or start a new life. I'd rather believe that than the obvious we have been left with.

I just hope that LE has the info we are seeking. I think the reason LE all of a sudden got "on" the case, may be his sleep walking or prior mishaps in trouble of some kind.
Did the family ever get in touch with someone regarding the hard drive? They inquired about it. Why not let the police do it. Why not contact the State Dept regarding the PP? Too many unknowns and strange going ons for someone with his background as we know it. The guy is travelling all over the place, not paying his bills, and two officials in the church end up in Vegas on the same day--one not knowing what the other was doing there. Yeah, right.

That's a great point. I notice there is a Sun City community in Mesquite and many other retirement communities in the Vegas area. I wonder if it was Steven's sort of personal marketing strategy - to hit these communities to broaden their customer base. St. George is not a very large community - maybe he thought it would be a good idea to branch out but wasn't ready to let his boss know until he had a feeling for how successful he would be.

Sorry, but if I was behind 3 mos rent, I wouldn't be driving around 150 miles away speculating on a new test market for a window washing business. Apparently he wasn't making any money in it, or if he was, he wasn't paying his bills. He either did not have money coming in or did and was placing his priorities elsewhere.

If I were aiming my services at seniors, I'd want a paper flyer. The older the person, the less likely they are to be comfortable shopping via computer, but they're more likely to need an agile young person to do the chores that require climbing on a tall ladder.

Also, with home services like that, you want something that will stick around, so that people who don't need their windows washed right now will keep it and have it six months from now when they do need your service.

This made me think of something….
I don’t think he was going in the neighborhood to pass out flyers
because he went past houses.
IMO if he was going to pass out flyers he would have started by the house
with the camera on it and back tracked to his car. But he went
past houses.

Brings me back to… he went there for a reason and went to one of the
houses for a reason or went to meet someone for a ride.

Another thought…
anyone could have used this neighborhood as a lure.
Example….
“I live at …..”
“park your car in the cul-de-sac and meet me in front of my house, I’ll drive”
Doesn’t necessarily have to be someone who lived there…..

There has to be some type of a trail! A phone call… an email…
you don’t just show up in a neighborhood like that without a reason….

I’m frustrated!

Marcyjoy,
I think the car was dumped there. The cameras have nothing at all to do with anything.The cameras are happenstance. IMHO. Respectfully, in what respects does the person seen fleetingly on those videos closely resemble Steven Koecher ?

Marcyjoy,
I think the car was dumped there. The cameras have nothing at all to do with anything.The cameras are happenstance. IMHO. Respectfully, in what respects does the person seen fleetingly on those videos closely resemble Steven Koecher ?

Since I don't know Steven K at all, I went with the fact that family feels strongly it is Steven.
They would know the cadence of his walk, etc.

Marcyjoy,

Liz B - I think the car was dumped there as well....but I think it was by Steven. I believe early on (and in articles written by his father) the family does believe that was Steven.

Maybe someone else knows?

I posted what Naegle said, in thread 3 and also here when the thread moved -- and also logged it here:
http://sites.google.com/site/parallelcooler/home/koecher-html/qa-100123-24

That's all I know. Anyone else?

That's answering questions, not an update of what happened in Vegas. I'm sure Naegle knows and she was communicating thru you per her post. OK, for what it's worth. If I happen to see Steven, I'll call the numbers on the poster. Carry on.

That's answering questions, not an update of what happened in Vegas. I'm sure Naegle knows and she was communicating thru you per her post. OK, for what it's worth. If I happen to see Steven, I'll call the numbers on the poster. Carry on.

...and everything that's been communicated to me, has been posted here.

This made me think of something….

Another thought…
anyone could have used this neighborhood as a lure.
Example….
“I live at …..”
“park your car in the cul-de-sac and meet me in front of my house, I’ll drive”
Doesn’t necessarily have to be someone who lived there…..

There has to be some type of a trail! A phone call… an email…
you don’t just show up in a neighborhood like that without a reason….

I’m frustrated!

Ya know....we all are.

Maybe we need to look at this, from the other side: motive.
Why would someone lure Steven there?

Money?
Could this have been an appointment to pay him, for doing something (8/9-10 Ruby Valley trip)? Or at least an appointment, where he *thought* he'd be paid?

New life?
Ran away with someone? Is anyone else missing?

Window washing, blinds, Christmas lights?
No evidence of that.

Other appointment that turned ugly?
Apparently, no one saw him walking down the street.

What are we missing?

Ya know....we all are.

Maybe we need to look at this, from the other side: motive.
Why would someone lure Steven there?

Money?
Could this have been an appointment to pay him, for doing something (8/9-10 Ruby Valley trip)? Or at least an appointment, where he *thought* he'd be paid?

New life?
Ran away with someone? Is anyone else missing?

Window washing, blinds, Christmas lights?
No evidence of that.

Other appointment that turned ugly?
Apparently, no one saw him walking down the street.

What are we missing?

I still think someone saw something, they just do not realize it. Perhaps just visiting and do not know about this.
You are doing a great job Laytonian, hopefully we will figure out what is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
copella