NY – Ex POTUS Donald Trump, sued by E. Jean Carroll for defamation, Trial 15 Jan 2024

That's all he ever does is appeal all rulings he does not like and so far it has worked for him all these years
I think it might work in this case because not for a second do I believe E. Jean Carroll wasn't a consenting adult to his advances. There are two lawsuits against Trump that I do not support because I believe they are politically motivated, and this is one of them.

JMO

I think it might work in this case because not for a second do I believe E. Jean Carroll wasn't a consenting adult to his advances. There are two lawsuits against Trump that I do not support because I believe they are politically motivated, and this is one of them.

JMO
Fortunately, the jurors disagreed with you.
She's a SA victim. There was no consent on her part.
IMO.

Fortunately, the jurors disagreed with you.
She's a SA victim. There was no consent on her part.
IMO.
She’s a total hero. I can’t imagine the bravery is takes for these women to face him and his more dedicated followers in the public forum. They quite literally are putting their lives at risk. MOO

She’s a total hero. I can’t imagine the bravery is takes for these women to face him and his more dedicated followers in the public forum. They quite literally are putting their lives at risk. MOO
<modsnip: inflammatory>

I think this case may go all the way to the Supreme Court. The problem is that the plaintiff authored a book with the claim that Trump raped her. Trump publicly said it is a lie and she sued him for defamation. But the trial jury did not convict him of rape and the defendant does have Freedom of Speech. Adding to the problem is the fact that on the witness stand the Plaintiff did admit she owns an unlicensed firearm. LE seized it.

JMO

Under New York state law, a person can be found guilty of criminal possession if they possess a firearm, such as a pistol, that has not been registered. The felony carries a maximum sentence of four years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Owning an unregistered weapon, for which she has never been charged, doesn't negate her status as a crime victim. Call it whatever name you like, the jury found him liable for a crime against her and subsequent defamation. You may think her a liar, that's your prerogative. But a jury didn't.

Owning an unregistered weapon, for which she has never been charged, doesn't negate her status as a crime victim. Call it whatever name you like, the jury found him liable for a crime against her and subsequent defamation. You may think her a liar, that's your prerogative. But a jury didn't.
It was a civil trial, not a criminal trial.

JMO

And the OP said that a jury found him liable for a crime against her and defamation. It was a civil trial, but the jury still ruled.
The civil jury of 9 people found him liable. They were a civil jury, not a criminal jury and I do believe Trump will win on appeal because of the Judge's rulings.

JMO

Right. I think the appeal will be over the excessive amount of damages.

JMO
Judge did the right thing. He went instructed the jury to fine the former president an amount that will stop the defamation. The jury went from the $30 millions to the $80 millions. He caused that himself by continuing the defamation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back