Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yvonne Reglar and Denise Sheehy are both now on the rule out list for Cali. Roselvr and I have included Cali on our FB page, and we have been sharing her image and story in the many MP groups we are in. We share several of the girls from here, Her story seems to really grab at people's hearts so she is getting lots of shares all over. Hopefully somebody will recognize her. We have our fingers crossed.

Here is the link FB page Never Foregt Me; we're going to focus on these older cases.

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

New rule-outs names, FIRST and LAST, are bolded for emphasis

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Linda Adams 1963 Washington

Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida

Lisa Borden 1960 Texas

Mary Bostwick 1956 New York

Mary Bostwick 1956 Pennsylvania

Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana

Teresa Davis 1955 Washington

Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida

Judith Elwell 1962 Oklahoma

Teresa Fitin 1957 Florida

Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey

Eileen Hynson 1957 California

Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland

Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland

Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware

Cynthia Kinney 1960 Oklahoma

Sandra Landrum 1957 Georgia

Mary Lozano 1964 California

Deborah McCall 1963 Illinois

Angela Meeker 1965 Washington

Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia

Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts

Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida

Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia

Yvonne Reglar

Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts

Denise Sheehy

Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas

Roxanne Sims 1958 Oregon

Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut

Sarah Tokier 1960 California

Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota

Anna Waters 1967 California

Christina White 1967 Washington

April Zane 1960 Illinois

Karen Zendrosky

Three new exclusions on Cali. I am not sure who submitted them. I do not see the resemblance between them and Cali, but they are now on her rule out list.The three newest rule outs are:

Nancy Kirkpatrick

Edna Thorne.

Trenny Gibson

Linda Adams 1963 Washington

Teresa Alfonso 1961 Florida

Lisa Borden 1960 Texas

Mary Bostwick 1956 New York

Mary Bostwick 1956 Pennsylvania

Melinda Creech 1965 Indiana

Teresa Davis 1955 Washington

Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida

Judith Elwell 1962 Oklahoma

Teresa Fitin 1957 Florida

Trenny Gibson 1960 Tennessee

Lorraine Herbster 1962 New Jersey

Eileen Hynson 1957 California

Nancy Jason 1958 Maryland

Karen Kamsch 1962 Maryland

Tina Kemp 1964 Delaware

Cynthia Kinney 1960 Oklahoma

Nancy Kirkpatrick 1960 Montana

Sandra Landrum 1957 Georgia

Mary Lozano 1964 California

Deborah A. McCall 1963 Illinois

Angela Meeker 1965 Washington

Barbara Monaco 1960 Virginia

Deborah Quimby 1963 Massachusetts

Angela Ramsey 1961 Florida

Yvonne Reglar 1960 Ohio

Marcia Remick 1962 Virginia

Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts

Denise Sheehy 1954 New York

Mary Shinn 1953 Arkansas

Roxanne Sims 1958 Oregon

Debra Spickler 1955 Connecticut

Edna Thorne 1960 Pennsylvania

Sarah Tokier 1960 California

Belinda VanLith 1957 Minnesota

Anna Waters 1967 California

Christina White 1967 Washington

April Zane 1960 Illinois

Karen Zendrosky 1963 New Jersey

We keep trying little Cali, maybe someday we will find the right girl and know who you are.

Didnt the isotope analsys say probably had spent alot of time in NM or AZ i dont see anny rule outs from either state?

ETA : just got out of the hosp. morphine has not worn off wow I cant spell

Didnt the isotope analsys say probably had spent alot of time in NM or AZ i dont see anny rule outs from either state?

ETA : just got out of the hosp. morphine has not worn off wow I cant
spell

Sorry you were ill, and I hope you are feeling much better.

Andria Bailey 1963 Washington has been added to the rule out list.

I would have to review the isotope test information before I could say for sure....but I thought the area indicated was the southwestern states??

Anybody out there know the specific area's that were listed?

Yesterday, I was watching an old episode of Cold Case Files, and one of the episode was about the long-unsolved 1975 murder of Regina Marie Reynolds of Morrisville, New York. Her killer, Donald M. Sigsbee of Madison, New York, was only convicted a little over a decade ago by DNA. Sigsbee has since died. He is also a suspect of another unsolved 1974 murder, Katherine Kolodziej, another local unsolved murder but fruition is nigh impossible.

Sigsbee's M.O. is picking up young girls on the road (U.S. Route 20 in particular) in the region. The victims were possibly hitchhiking or traveling via foot. He may have offered the victims a ride under false pretenses, or abduct them right off the highway. Sigsbee then rapes, kill, and dump his victims on the shoulder of the highway. Reynolds was found this way. Since police suspect him in another unsolved local murder, then it wouldn't be too far-fetched to suspect him of more. There are quite a few unsolved murders on this highway from the '70s.

Donald M. Sigsbee was forty years old when he killed Regina Marie Reynolds. It's unlikely that this is his only victim, given the nature and age. He may very well be an undocumented serial killer.

Given this case's details, I feel Donald M. Sigsbee could be responsible for this murder. But we may never find out as there is very little to go on, and to prove.

Yesterday, I was watching an old episode of Cold Case Files, and one of the episode was about the long-unsolved 1975 murder of Regina Marie Reynolds of Morrisville, New York. Her killer, Donald M. Sigsbee of Madison, New York, was only convicted a little over a decade ago by DNA. Sigsbee has since died. He is also a suspect of another unsolved 1974 murder, Katherine Kolodziej, another local unsolved murder but fruition is nigh impossible.

Sigsbee's M.O. is picking up young girls on the road (U.S. Route 20 in particular) in the region. The victims were possibly hitchhiking or traveling via foot. He may have offered the victims a ride under false pretenses, or abduct them right off the highway. Sigsbee then rapes, kill, and dump his victims on the shoulder of the highway. Reynolds was found this way. Since police suspect him in another unsolved local murder, then it wouldn't be too far-fetched to suspect him of more. There are quite a few unsolved murders on this highway from the '70s.

Donald M. Sigsbee was forty years old when he killed Regina Marie Reynolds. It's unlikely that this is his only victim, given the nature and age. He may very well be an undocumented serial killer.

Given this case's details, I feel Donald M. Sigsbee could be responsible for this murder. But we may never find out as there is very little to go on, and to prove.

Maybe we need to do some digging and see how many bodies were found along that highway, using a few yours before, and a few years after Cali was found in that cornfield? Also, we may be able to find a photo of him and see if he looks like the man who was seen in the diner with Cali?

I honestly do not think he was responsible for Cali's murder as she was "only" shot. He raped the women he killed.

Maybe we need to do some digging and see how many bodies were found along that highway, using a few yours before, and a few years after Cali was found in that cornfield? Also, we may be able to find a photo of him and see if he looks like the man who was seen in the diner with Cali?

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_Missing/Homicide/

Lists of unsolved cases from the area. Found two that seem to be close to his M.O.:

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=91b3f4c5-d4b8-4616-866a-acc960d6abb4 aforementioned victim, as mentioned on the show.

Two more that may match:

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=986e5448-6ed4-47f7-a5dc-7026303b64ae

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=fef84dbd-65ca-4fd1-91bc-ab362aee2916

I could find a little information on Donald M. Sigsbee outside of his trial and death. My googling skills leave much to be desired.

I honestly do not think he was responsible for Cali's murder as she was "only" shot. He raped the women he killed.

I'm giving this one a wide berth. I could find little on the whole thing, so...

Serial killers evolve. No two crimes are identical. Probability is low, yes, but we never know.

I could find a little information on Donald M. Sigsbee outside of his trial and death. My googling skills leave much to be desired.

Serial killers evolve. No two crimes are identical. Probability is low, yes, but we never know.

sbm: Sigbee was too old and does not fit the details or sketch of the man with Cali.

Yes, serial killers do evolve, bit it is extremely rare for a killer to change his sexual habits during a murder. Almost always if his M.O. includes rape, hen leaving a victim not raped would not satisfy him.

I also agree that does not look like the man in the sketch. IMO, Cali's murder has none of the tell-tale signs of a serial killer.

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_and_Missing/Homicide/

Lists of unsolved cases from the area. Found two that seem to be close to his M.O.:

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=91b3f4c5-d4b8-4616-866a-acc960d6abb4 aforementioned victim, as mentioned on the show.

Two more that may match:

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=986e5448-6ed4-47f7-a5dc-7026303b64ae

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Wanted_a...w.cfm?ID=fef84dbd-65ca-4fd1-91bc-ab362aee2916

wonder how she died
Homicide Victim: O'Connell, Kristin M.
Kristin O'Connell was a college student from Burnsville, Minnesota. On August 12, 1985, she came to the Town of Ovid, Seneca County, N.Y. to visit a friend. On the evening of August 14, 1985 at about 11:00 pm, as she had done on previous evenings, Kristin went for a walk alone and did not return. On August 16, 1985, Kristin's body was found in a cornfield in Ovid by a search party

What I have to say is more of a general pondering, rather than really relating to this specific case (though I'm using it as an example).

Why are there duplicates on rule-out lists in NamUs?. I've seen it many times and the list for this case has several examples. Could it be that there is a separate entry for each jurisdiction that may be involved? Could someone have entered the information into the database and not remembered doing so so it was entered again? Does anybody know?

Some examples from this NamUS file...
There are THREE Mary Bostwick's. TWO with same demographics from NY. One with same demographics from PA.
TWO Nancy Fitzpatrick's. Both same demographics/location.
TWO Deborah McCall's (ONE "Deborah A McCall"). All born in 1963 and missing from Illinois.
THREE Mary Shinn's all born 1953 and missing from Arkansas.

What I have to say is more of a general pondering, rather than really relating to this specific case (though I'm using it as an example).

Why are there duplicates on rule-out lists in NamUs?. I've seen it many times and the list for this case has several examples. Could it be that there is a separate entry for each jurisdiction that may be involved? Could someone have entered the information into the database and not remembered doing so so it was entered again? Does anybody know?

Some examples from this NamUS file...
There are THREE Mary Bostwick's. TWO with same demographics from NY. One with same demographics from PA.
TWO Nancy Fitzpatrick's. Both same demographics/location.
TWO Deborah McCall's (ONE "Deborah A McCall"). All born in 1963 and missing from Illinois.
THREE Mary Shinn's all born 1953 and missing from Arkansas.

Really not sure on why the duplicates. It's my understanding that the rule outs are listed by LE, so maybe it is just a glitch? Maybe when someone hit the enter button, nothing seemed to be happening.....so they hit it again, and that made it post twice? Or maybe the list did not update instantly, so they entered it a second time?

Namus generates lists of possibilities based on close match of description, fingerprints, etc. So for Cali, every 5'4" teenager who went missing before 1979 is on one suggested list, and everybody with a dental chart that shows similarities is on another list. My understanding is that when LE marks a ruleout, those will show up as separate items on the part of the ruleouts list that is automatically generated.

Carl, are you around? Did I get that right?

Namus generates lists of possibilities based on close match of description, fingerprints, etc. So for Cali, every 5'4" teenager who went missing before 1979 is on one suggested list, and everybody with a dental chart that shows similarities is on another list. My understanding is that when LE marks a ruleout, those will show up as separate items on the part of the ruleouts list that is automatically generated.

Carl, are you around? Did I get that right?

Yes, the case managers can generate a list based on whatever criteria they wish to specify. They can then check off those for which they have been able to rule-out, and the rule-out list is updated accordingly.

The case manager can generate a list only of those with consistent dentals and work that list. And then they can go back and run a list based on gender/height/age/race, etc., and then they can work that list.

The same person might show up on two different screens and end up being ruled-out (and listed on the exclusions) twice.

Oh, look, Cali's got her own article in Wikipedia. And it has lots of good information including the pollen and isotope results: Caledonia Jane Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes she does. I hope someone takes a minute to edit her article. It has a small paragraph in it about the truckers. Burgess has confirmed for us via email, that there were no truckers.....or anybody else, that saw Cali hitchhiking that day. It'd be said if bad information started spreading again, when so many have worked hard to separate the true facts, from the false ones.

I wish Burgess would have some clean up done on her Wiki & have a new updated article written for Cali on what is known that is public info. Many ppl in the area talk about this case, I think it may cause a few to call & possibly new info to come out. I think some assume LE knows what they do.
Burgess also has the Rose Marie Gayhart case that's here on WS for anyone from the area.

Yes she does. I hope someone takes a minute to edit her article. It has a small paragraph in it about the truckers. Burgess has confirmed for us via email, that there were no truckers.....or anybody else, that saw Cali hitchhiking that day. It'd be said if bad information started spreading again, when so many have worked hard to separate the true facts, from the false ones.

It still nags at me where did it come from? Really wish we could find the crime mags.

Anyway; speak to Zinc.

You're right, you have more experience with 1970s records by now than anyone should be forced to have. Please forgive me for not remembering that. :( And it's not that I disagree with you at all. It appalls me that a relatively low-cost (nowadays) means of connecting lost people with their loved ones should still be so little used. But it is as you say — to get what few old files do still exist and do what is necessary to get them properly listed requires a lot of toe-stomping and a lot of qualified and patient toe-stompers.

Yeah, this is important. And in cases where the report was filed more than a few years ago, to make sure it is still on file, start the NamUs entry, and keep it updated.

She has gone unidentified for so long that no possibility should be dismissed out of hand, but investigators and researchers in all the most recent articles really emphasize the possible southwest connection. I hope that anyone looking at old yearbooks, etc. doesn't take that lightly. Since we are not privy to the details of exactly how the study was done, what else was in the pollen prints, or how strong the conclusions are, I don't know how much we can really speculate about whether the researchers got it right or not. This goes double for the possible isotopic analysis claims, for which we have no hard copy reference at all.

I would not count myself as a Caledonia Jane Doe searcher though, so take it with a grain of salt. I think if she's ever identified it's going to either be through a CODIS hit or via the kind of chance family/friend encounter and years and years of investment Todd Matthews put into finding the Tent Girl.

Having said that, here's the far-flung and very far-fetched possible I'll throw in the ring, an Australian girl of about the right age. There are several others on the same site that might fit the bill as well.

Marion Carol Rees
Missing since April 7, 1975 from Malabar, New South Wales, Australia
https://www.ebiz.police.nsw.gov.au/.../displayIndividualDetails.do?photoRefNum=1163

Skimming through the thread I see a lot of questioning and some confusion about the evidence as it's presented in the Wikipedia article. I'm going to out myself as the author of most of the current Wikipedia text, which was posted using a friend's account. (If you have sharp eyes you'll notice I made another couple small edits today.)

I affixed citations to most of the statements in the article. If you aren't sure where a piece of information came from, please follow the citation link and see if that answers your question. If you can't find it or feel I made a mistake, please don't hesitate to ask about it here. I'll answer to the best of my ability. To answer one issue that has been raised several times: in cases where I read conflicting information from multiple sources, I did my best to reconcile it by generally going with the data from the sources that had more detail and newer information.

I've since done a little more reading about palynology. After looking back over the forensic palynology slides PDF I plan to change the line about the best pollen match to refer to the areal and forensic evidence pollen prints as a whole, not just the Casuarina grains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member