Identified! NY - Cattaraugus Co., Female skeletal UP6015, Sep'09 - Traci Douglass

Not to be rude, but is it possible you are looking for a working girl? When I heard shorts and tall boots that's immediately what I thought of. Maybe she was going for more of a look then a specific weather related outfit, if you know what I mean.

OK..news break. I spoke with the distributor of the boots, they believe that they were manufactured in 2004, and they still had some in stock as of may 05. I have them looking into which stores in NY and Penn. sold this boot, and when. I also spoke with the ME and they are working on more info on the boots (how much tread on them, etc.).

Not to be rude, but is it possible you are looking for a working girl? When I heard shorts and tall boots that's immediately what I thought of. Maybe she was going for more of a look then a specific weather related outfit, if you know what I mean.

I know that the teen girls all wore the Uggs and fake Uggs all year long. You do not wear socks with them and they keep your feet cool in the summer nad warm in the winter (so they told me)

My Best friend has daughters and cut offs and Uggs were "THE" thing a few years ago here. (Northeast PA near the border of NY)

FWIW, I grew up in upstate NY. I used to wear shorts in winter in the house all the time, and sometimes just threw a coat and boots on to run out for some reason. My mother used to hate it, but I would get so hot inside the house! Sometimes I would even walk outside in the snow barefoot (especially when my brother was chasing me!)
Cutoffs mean warm weather, but those are serious winter boots. Unless they mean the capri-length jeans that have been in style for the last couple of years?

These don't seem like the kind of boots a working girl would wear, even in upstate NY. Anyone looking at Canada or Ohio? Both are within 2-4 hours away...

OK..news break. I spoke with the distributor of the boots, they believe that they were manufactured in 2004, and they still had some in stock as of may 05. I have them looking into which stores in NY and Penn. sold this boot, and when. I also spoke with the ME and they are working on more info on the boots (how much tread on them, etc.).

Oh, very good! Nice work!

Crap they just ruled out Kelli Sue Ackernecht. I guess that leaves Lutricia Steele.

Out of sheer curiousity - how did you find out who the distributor of the boots was?

It took me forever but I was able to find out that the shoe department is the only store other than their affiliates (shoe show). Then I called my local shoe dept. Who then gave me the number to the head of the chain. They then put me in contact with the lady why does all of the purchasing of the shoes from the manufacturer. They then were able to pull up purchase orders for that exact boot ( I emailed her a picture of them). Hopefully they will be able to tell us which exact stores in the Ny and Pen. Area sold thoes boots and whe they got them in. Whew.

If it makes you feel any better I looked ALL over for days trying to get a hold of anyone who could tell me anything about the Hotcakes brand. As I understand it the Hotcakes brand is exclusive to The Shoe Dept. Like Martha Stewart is to Kmart. This will not rule out good will or eBay purchases but might help us firm up the time line a little.

Oh one more thing. They are looking into Lutricia but they do not have any dentals per the ME. So they are going to try DNA but it won't be a fast process. Too bad we can get her dentals. Is anyone still in contact with her family?

It took me forever but I was able to find out that the shoe department is the only store other than their affiliates (shoe show). Then I called my local shoe dept. Who then gave me the number to the head of the chain. They then put me in contact with the lady why does all of the purchasing of the shoes from the manufacturer. They then were able to pull up purchase orders for that exact boot ( I emailed her a picture of them). Hopefully they will be able to tell us which exact stores in the Ny and Pen. Area sold thoes boots and whe they got them in. Whew.

Oh, excellent work!

Oh one more thing. They are looking into Lutricia but they do not have any dentals per the ME. So they are going to try DNA but it won't be a fast process. Too bad we can get her dentals. Is anyone still in contact with her family?
==========================================

Lutricia Steele:
She was in the foster care system as a child.
She also received public assistance with her family.

I emailed her sister and brother asking if they remember a dentist
that Lutricia saw.
I will contact her sister, via fb also.
Hope to get answer soon. Will post.

Bumping this case up...

I just emailed Carraugh @ the Cattaraugus Cnty Coroners Office to see if they have any more rule outs or possible matches!

So according to Namus, all these women have been ruled out:

Kellisue Ackernecht
Corrie Anderson
Sandra Baker
Michelle Benjamin
Lori Bova
Josephine Despard
Brittanee Drexel
Nellie Flickinger
Joey Offutt
Edwina Onyango
Arjanette Piotrowski
Leichia Reilly
Barbara Shuma
Barbara Shumac

I guess that means they're still looking into Lutricia Steele.

Has anybody suggested the three women missing from Broome County?

NY-Susan Davies, 27, Binghampton - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NY-Bethanie L. Dougherty, 40, Broome County NY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59239&highlight=bambi+madden

I couldn't find much about Susan Davies and don't even know if she's still missing. Bethanie and Bambi are both on the tall side for the estimates, but there's a lot of travel along the southern tier -- it's four hours, but pretty direct.

Carbuff,

I received an email back from Cattaragus County Corners office and they are looking into Lutricia Steele.

I saw from a post above that Theresa Waldron was ruled out because she was found safe. I double checked that also because she is still listed on a few missing people's websites. They said she was found safe for sure.. (she was the girl I thought as a possible match.)

Hopefully we can find out who this UID is...

I just notified Meaghan at Charlie Project that Theresa Waldron is no longer missing.

She has removed Theresa's profile from her site.

Thanks Carl, I was going to do that today... (one less thing I don't have to do)

Ok, I received an email back from James McClure, the Scene Investigator from the Erie County Medical Examiner's office. He said
Right now we're working on Sabrina Mae Keller, Carla Losey, and Lutricia Steele, but if you have any others please let us know. Also if there is an agency we can contact to get dental records (as dentals are all we have to compare with right now) that would be helpfull too.

He said that he wasn't sure if Lutricia Steele had dentals that he can could obtain and he was wondering if he would be able to get a DNA profile from her family. He said that the DNA they extracted from the UID is taking longer than they hoped.

He said he will update Namus when others are ruled out and any new info comes in!!

Thanks Carl, I was going to do that today... (one less thing I don't have to do)

Ok, I received an email back from James McClure, the Scene Investigator from the Erie County Medical Examiner's office. He said

He said that he wasn't sure if Lutricia Steele had dentals that he can could obtain and he was wondering if he would be able to get a DNA profile from her family. He said that the DNA they extracted from the UID is taking longer than they hoped.

He said he will update Namus when others are ruled out and any new info comes in!!

That's really good news about Theresa Waldron. I hadn't seen where that was confirmed.

They've been really good about keeping Namus updated. I'm impressed and thankful.

Are you the point person for this? Do you think Bambi Madden and Bethanie Dougherty are worth suggesting?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back