Identified! NY - Cattaraugus Co., Female skeletal UP6015, Sep'09 - Traci Douglass

I am not the point person, I just happened to submit Theresa and then asked about Lutricia. If you would like me to submit someone I will.

I looked at Bambi's profile and it said that she was last seen wearing Black Timberland Boots size 6 and the UID was found with size 8 tan "ugg" style boots...

As for Bethanie Dougherty her charley page said she is between 5'9 - 5'10 and weighs about 160 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dougherty_bethanie.html

The UID was listed about to be 5'5, 115 lbs

I couldn't find anything else on Susan Davies either, wonder if she has been found

I am not the point person, I just happened to submit Theresa and then asked about Lutricia. If you would like me to submit someone I will.

I looked at Bambi's profile and it said that she was last seen wearing Black Timberland Boots size 6 and the UID was found with size 8 tan "ugg" style boots...

As for Bethanie Dougherty her charley page said she is between 5'9 - 5'10 and weighs about 160 http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dougherty_bethanie.html

The UID was listed about to be 5'5, 115 lbs

I couldn't find anything else on Susan Davies either, wonder if she has been found

I agree both women are quite unlikely. But something about Bethanie strikes me as the kind of woman who would throw on a pair of jeans and boots over her pajamas to go out to deal with some kind of problem in the middle of the night.

I don't mind submitting them myself, just didn't want to step on toes. I'm pretty new here still and still don't know all the procedures...

Looking at the map, I wonder if she could have been brought over from Canada. That's only a very short distance from southern Ontario.

Has anybody suggested the three women missing from Broome County?

NY-Susan Davies, 27, Binghampton - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NY-Bethanie L. Dougherty, 40, Broome County NY - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59239&highlight=bambi+madden

I couldn't find much about Susan Davies and don't even know if she's still missing. Bethanie and Bambi are both on the tall side for the estimates, but there's a lot of travel along the southern tier -- it's four hours, but pretty direct.

Bambi Madden catches my attention as someone who should be on the list, and I don't think she is too tall. Charley lists her as between 5'4" to 5'8", which indicates that they don't really have anything solid as to her height. The flowery boots seem to me to be consistent with her flowery, artsy tattoos.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/madden_bambi.html

As far as I know, they are not ruling out black women, so I would think that Sylvia Burton might be a possible based on geography and height/weight.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burton_sylvia.html

There are a bunch more if we were to decide to expand the geography, but we have a few to work with already.

I will send Bambi and Bethanie's info over to Erie County to see what they have to say.

I was also think maybe this UID could be from Canada..

I also found this girl, a little young, but height adds up.http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/demono_lauren.html

I will let you know what I hear back! Thanks carbuff, (you wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes, we are all in this together!)

I emailed the Erie County Medical Examiner's office last week to see if they had been able to extract the DNA from the UID or had an more missing people that they thought could be a possible match, and I received this email back.It has been a little busy here lately so really the only new development we have is DNA was not able to be extracted from our remains as of yet, but they are trying. Other than that I haven't had time to contact any police agencies to obtain dental records on any mising persons. Any more info will definatly be updated on NamUs. Thank you for all the help."]It has been a little busy here lately so really the only new development we have is DNA was not able to be extracted from our remains as of yet, but they are trying. Other than that I haven't had time to contact any police agencies to obtain dental records on any mising persons. Any more info will definatly be updated on NamUs. Thank you for all the help

I am glad that some people are nice enough to email me back when trying to find out about missing people and UID's...

I emailed the Erie County Medical Examiner's office last week to see if they had been able to extract the DNA from the UID or had an more missing people that they thought could be a possible match, and I received this email back.It has been a little busy here lately so really the only new development we have is DNA was not able to be extracted from our remains as of yet, but they are trying. Other than that I haven't had time to contact any police agencies to obtain dental records on any mising persons. Any more info will definatly be updated on NamUs. Thank you for all the help."]It has been a little busy here lately so really the only new development we have is DNA was not able to be extracted from our remains as of yet, but they are trying. Other than that I haven't had time to contact any police agencies to obtain dental records on any mising persons. Any more info will definatly be updated on NamUs. Thank you for all the help

I am glad that some people are nice enough to email me back when trying to find out about missing people and UID's...

Any more news on this UID? It has been awhile. TIA

I am going to send James McClure and email now to see if they have any updates. I haven't heard from him since February. I looked at the namus page and it hasn't been updated since January.

I will let you all know what I hear.

Thanks, Chaddy. I grew up near there and think about this case often. There are a lot mysterious goings-on in that neck of the woods (all the missing women from nearby Jamestown) but I feel like this woman is just as likely to be from Pennsylvania as to be local. It's a very isolated spot, but just off the highway and over the state line.

I've been following this case too -- I really felt she would have been identified by now. I saw the list of people they've ruled out thus far. I submitted Suzy Lyall's name when she was first discovered, though I don't think it's her -- Suzy was younger, (18 I think) and physical stats were a bit out of line. Still, I thought it was prudent for them to check it out...just in case....Anyway, thank you for keeping up with this case, and I am appreciative of any info you find out.

Thanks, Chaddy. I grew up near there and think about this case often. There are a lot mysterious goings-on in that neck of the woods (all the missing women from nearby Jamestown) but I feel like this woman is just as likely to be from Pennsylvania as to be local. It's a very isolated spot, but just off the highway and over the state line.

Maggieo,

How are far are you from the CT state line? I found this girl missing http://www.nampn.org/cases/graves_caroline.html

Height is off, but hey they haven't identified her yet...

I sent the email to James McClure. Put a read receipt on it so I know when he reads it..hehehe Hopefully I will hear back from him today. In the past, he's been pretty good a responding to me.

I am going to send James McClure and email now to see if they have any updates. I haven't heard from him since February. I looked at the namus page and it hasn't been updated since January.

I will let you all know what I hear.

Thank you Chaddy :blowkiss:

Thank you Chaddy :blowkiss:

No problem!!!

I did not receive an email back as of 4pm. I sent the email from my work computer, so I won't know until Monday if James McClure has responded... I hope he does!

This is the email I received back from James McClure...

DNA was completed and there were no local matches. Our last contact with the lab told us that they were searching for a comparison on the national data base. We still have not gotten back a complete report from our anthropologists and other than that there are no new updates.

Thank you for getting back the information and sharing it with us! I hope that they can find more information on this case. I have been pondering that they may have some information that needs to narrowed down. I am wondering about the age, the boots seem geared more for Youth then older females. Thanks again!

Thank you for getting back the information and sharing it with us! I hope that they can find more information on this case. I have been pondering that they may have some information that needs to narrowed down. I am wondering about the age, the boots seem geared more for Youth then older females. Thanks again!

That was our initial impression about the boots, too, right after she was found. Bthen it turned out several of us who are not spring chickens thought we'd love to have a pair, so we thought maybe not too narrow on that focus.

I do agree with you too about the age too since the boots remind of a younger/teenager. I am 34, and I try to dress trendy so to say, but I don't think I could pull off wearing those boots... but I could see a few friends wearing them. (I do have teenage daughters that would laugh at me if I wore them.)

If I get a chance either later this evening or tomorrow, I might look at some of the younger girls missing to see if I find a possible match, or whomever else thinks they found one, let me know!!

I just don't think it would hurt to look at the younger people that are missing as well due to lack of information and all the adult rule outs. Thank you, I was looking at a few younger adults. There was one younder endangered missing that was said to be last seen wearing tan or brown Timberlake boots.
I will go look for it again.

I just don't think it would hurt to look at the younger people that are missing as well due to lack of information and all the adult rule outs. Thank you, I was looking at a few younger adults. There was one younder endangered missing that was said to be last seen wearing tan or brown Timberlake boots.
I will go look for it again.

They do have some forensic information that would indicate the person's age. Bone plates in the legs, for instance.

I wondered whether it might be the mother of teenagers who grabbed her daughter's boots on the way out to run an errand or something.

Do we know who did the forensics? I am from the area of WNY. I was wondering if we could be looking at the 18-19 year old range, is that out of the question based on the information you read? Thank you in advance Carbuff, I enjoy your posts.

Do we know who did the forensics? I am from the area of WNY. I was wondering if we could be looking at the 18-19 year old range, is that out of the question based on the information you read? Thank you in advance Carbuff, I enjoy your posts.

Aw thanks. :blushing:

Apparently it was done by the Cattaraugus County coroner's office. NAMUS (https://identifyus.org/cases/6015) indicates this contact information:

==========================
Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact
Agency Cattaraugus Cnty Coroners Ofc
Phone 716-945-4760
Case Manager
Name James McClure
Email carraugh.nowak@erie.gov

======================

It's not very detailed so I'd assume there's a fair amount of leeway in the ages, but it sounds like they know they're dealing with an adult. I suppose 18-19 might be possible, but I wouldn't think much younger than that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back