NY - Congressman George Santos charged with 13 criminal counts, May 2023

I was curious about other Reps who have been booted from the House.

1861 - 3 Representatives were removed for their support of the Confederate rebellion

1980 - 1 Representative removed for bribery conviction

2002 - 1 Representative removed for conviction of bribery, conspiracy to defraud USA, corruption, obstruction of justice, tax evasion, racketeering.

2023 - 1 former volleyball-champion pretender removed following charges of fraud.

jmo

Stealing from others in congress, what a guy!!!
Max Miller (GOP Congressman) sent an email to all House Republicans about Santos charging his and his mother's credit cards for excessive donations.

(Trying to find a non-X link for y'all)
Plenty of Representatives are lawyers. You mess with the moms of lawyers, they are going to take action - I hope they do! It's outrageous to scam donors. jmo

Thanks all for that info - any news on his next court hearing date? I do not know "where" to look for that...
TIA if anyone can help me! :)
A trial date has been set for September 2024 on Long Island if Mr. Santos does not reach a plea deal with prosecutors first. His next court date is Dec. 12.

bolded by me

Ron Filipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

Over 100 House Republicans defied their leadership to expel Santos. Every single member of the House Republican leadership voted to keep Santos in the House.

Wow. This is truly one of the foulest and most disgusting things I have ever read.
Leadership? Supporting a proven liar and thief who has cheated his constituents and brought shame on the House of Representatives... This is what these people consider being leaders?
I do not care what party these people belong to - it is an extremely poor representation of anyone who has been voted in to serve - regardless of politics. This whole thing makes me physically ill.

Wow. This is truly one of the foulest and most disgusting things I have ever read.
Leadership? Supporting a proven liar and thief who has cheated his constituents and brought shame on the House of Representatives... This is what these people consider being leaders?
I do not care what party these people belong to - it is an extremely poor representation of anyone who has been voted in to serve - regardless of politics. This whole thing makes me physically ill.
I "think" their excuse for not supporting the vote to kick Santos out is because is he charged with crimes but not yet convicted. I would understand that except Santos' entire existence is a fraud. He's far beyond "they all lie" defense.

A trial date has been set for September 2024 on Long Island if Mr. Santos does not reach a plea deal with prosecutors first. His next court date is Dec. 12.

ASSUMING he actually shows up! Because I could see him going back to Brazil and staying there.

Today George Santos has accused:-Nick LaLota of no showing his paid BOE job while getting his JD at Hofstra.-Nicole Malliotakis of insider trading and -Mike Lawler of money laundering campaign funds

George Santos is filling a complaint with the Office of Congressional Ethics against Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis for her stock trading.Nicole Malliotakis bought New York Community Bancorp, $NYCB, on March 17.24 hours later, $NYCB announced buying out Signature Bank.

Last edited:
Could not agree more- the entire situation is beyond disgusting-:
The republican party should have never allowed him to be sworn
In in the first place-- but ya know, they wanted his vote!!!!

Could not agree more- the entire situation is beyond disgusting-:
The republican party should have never allowed him to be sworn
In in the first place-- but ya know, they wanted his vote!!!!
I wonder if he ran for office in the first place just for campaign donations, not really intending to ever be elected. But, the voters voted for him (even though there was local coverage he was a con, iirc). Was there someone in the GOP who also wanted him in office, as a representative whose vote could be easily bought?? IDK....I hate conspiracy theories but this really does seem like someone was punking.

Actually Santos acts in a way, quite a bit like Trump, but he lacks two huge components of Trumpism- he lacks real power and lots of money----but he's got the grifting down pretty good----

How will he now pay for his legal defense?
How has he paid for it up until now?

He's a con artist facing legal troubles for his cons. As long as he's no longer making a fool of the USA by holding a seat in Congress, I no longer give a rip about his court case. But, I hope nobody - whether it's someone in court or anyone in the public - ever makes a deal with him. He's a crook and cannot be trusted. Good riddance.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParamLubana
Back