Found Alive NY - CS, 9, last seen 6:15pm at Moreau Lake State Park, Gansevoort, 30 Sep 2023 *arrest* #3

FEB 22, 2024
A jury trial for the case was supposed to begin on April 8. Ross previously pleaded not guilty in Saratoga County Court.

Ross's victim would have been required to testify at that trial, the Times-Union writes.

His sentencing is scheduled for April 17th.

These guilty pleas satisfy all charges against Ross. He faces an aggregate sentence of 47 years to life in prison. A 100-year order of protection was also issued in favor of the victim.

"With the guilty plea today of Craig Ross Jr., the victm and their family were able to hear the defendant admit his guilt to these heinous and despicable acts," DA Karen Heggen said. "His admission of guilt ends the question of who was responsible for the kidnapping that rallied out entire community together to assist in locating her."

"He will serve decades in prison before any parole consideration is available to him. This result is due to the tremendous efforts of the New York State Police and their numerous law enforcement partners, along with the outpouring of support from the citizens of the community who turned out in so many ways in support of the child and their family."

The guilty plea of Craig N. Ross Jr., who is scheduled to be sentenced April 17, closes one of Saratoga County’s most harrowing criminal cases involving a child — but will leave unanswered questions about whether the 46-year-old may have had any role in other unsolved cases involving the abduction and slayings of young women.

View attachment 485256
look at that piece of human filth. "Predatory sexual assault against a child"! She was only 9 years old. He deserved the death penalty. That poor girl will probably carry this with her for the rest of her life.

APR 16, 2024
Craig N. Ross Jr. is due back in court on Wednesday to be sentenced. He faces 47 years to life in prison after being convicted of kidnapping a Greenfield girl from Moreau Lake State Park last fall in a case that drew national attention.

APR 16, 2024
Craig N. Ross Jr. is due back in court on Wednesday to be sentenced. He faces 47 years to life in prison after being convicted of kidnapping a Greenfield girl from Moreau Lake State Park last fall in a case that drew national attention.
Relatively swift justice. Glad this one isn't getting dragged out for years.

APR 17, 2024
Ross faces 47 years to life in prison, meaning he would not be eligible for parole before his 93rd birthday.

CS is a very brave and intelligent little girl! She is truly heroic!

By the way, in light of what has been said in this blog post, about keeping CS’s last name private as well as not showing her face, I think news organizations should pull down any articles or news report videos about the search for CS or even todays sentencing that include a picture of her or her last name. This way her privacy is fully protected!

Last edited by a moderator:

CS is a very brave and intelligent little girl! She is truly heroic!

By the way, in light of what has been said in this blog post, about keeping CS’s last name private as well as not showing her face, I think news organizations should pull down any articles or news report videos about the search for CS or even todays sentencing that include a picture of her or her last name. This way her privacy is fully protected!
That could be difficult, because her full name and picture were used in the media, before she was found and especially before we knew what all happened to her. I'm just glad he won't hurt any more kids.

APR 17, 2024
[...]

The mother also spoke of her daughter, her strength, and what she loves. She loves animals. Even after what Ross did to her, she still expressed concern for his cat, the mother told the court.

[...]

Even Wednesday, her daughter wanted to come to court, the mother said.

Instead, the prosecutor read a statement from the girl, which the 9-year-old signed with the words "with no fear."

"It bothers me that you took advantage of me being nice," the girl said in her statement. "I'm a little changed because of it."

The girl described herself as once the prey and Ross the predator. "Now I am the predator and you are the prey.

"Let guilt dissect you until there is nothing left," the girl's statement continued.

[...]

APR 17, 2024
[...]

"Not only kept herself alive during those harrowing hours, but also having the remarkable ability to put him away for life, so he can never harm another child ever again. SHE did that," she wrote. "The petite little angel who barely scrapes 5 feet tall went up against a giant scary monster – the boogeyman in the flesh – and she won.

"No one can ever take that away from her. Not all heroes wear capes. Mine wears a Pokemon T-shirt. "

"Do not call (my daughter) a victim. She is a survivor. She experienced something horrific, but she will overcome this … this horrific situation does not and will not define her." -Trisha Sena

[...]

"As we come out of the fog, my family can take some solace in knowing that the man who stole my adorable, sweet little 9-year-old niece from right under her parents’ noses and held her captive for two days while hundreds searched for her and an entire nation prayed for her, will be rotting in a 6x8 cell where he belongs for the rest of his life," Sena wrote.
Child who survived 47-hour abduction from NY park credited for airtight case against captor

amen

"As we come out of the fog, my family can take some solace in knowing that the man who stole my adorable, sweet little 9-year-old niece from right under her parents’ noses and held her captive for two days while hundreds searched for her and an entire nation prayed for her, will be rotting in a 6x8 cell where he belongs for the rest of his life," Sena wrote.
Child who survived 47-hour abduction from NY park credited for airtight case against captor

amen
Only too bad they can't keep him in a cramped cabinet.

Strong little girl.

He'll never hurt anyone again.

LE played a huge part, but I give her all the credit just the same.

JMO

There might be a vanished lesson here, taught to us by a child. Keep your wits about you. Memorize everything.

1. Those details might convict the perpetrator one day.

And

2. It might be empowering. Versus sheer helplessness which would be overwhelming.

In awe of her wherewithal.

Extraordinary presence of mind under harrowing circumstances.

Broken hearted for the loss of innocence but how proud her parents must be.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back