NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

It pains me to think of the actual jury makeup after selection is over!!
I think a jury of those that have no clue what Trump is, or what he stands for will be totally useless.

After Judge Merchan told the pool of prospective jurors to raise their hand if they can't be fair and impartial, 48 out of 96 were excused.

It pains me to think of the actual jury makeup after selection is over!!
I think a jury of those that have no clue what Trump is, or what he stands for will be totally useless.

After Judge Merchan told the pool of prospective jurors to raise their hand if they can't be fair and impartial, 48 out of 96 were excused.
I am worried about a stealth juror ( or more) getting seated on this jury---

valid concern. Trump and his ilk are known for accusing other of that which they themselves do. Trump's ridiculous tweet about undercover liberals lying to get on his jury just makes me worry that undercover Trump supporters are doing the same.

The only saving grace is that I don't think those who are his more extreme supporters are capable of pretending otherwise. Their social media will be full of evidence of their leanings.

The problem is when trying a case that has become so politicized it is hard to find anyone who doesn't have a strong feeling one way or another, hence so many jurors weeded out so quickly because they admit they couldn't be impartial. JMO

Yep. Seems like they unseated one of those stealth jurors. Perhaps for being arrested for pulling down right leaning political posters. moo

eta link
One of the questions on the juror questionnaire asks if the potential juror or any of their family members were accused of a crime. Under questioning earlier this week, Juror 4 had said he hadn’t been convicted of a crime.

Prosecutors found an article from the 1990s about a person with the same name as the juror who was arrested for tearing down political advertisements. The posters were on the political right, prosecutor Joshua Steinglass said.

Steinglass also disclosed that the man’s wife may have been involved in a corruption inquiry and cooperated with the Manhattan district attorney’s office, which is prosecuting Trump’s case.

Judge Merchan noted that he had instructed the man to come to court this morning to answer questions and verify whether the people involved were him or his relative. He noted the juror’s apparent “reluctance to come in” and asked both sides if they would consent to having him removed without further inquiry.

valid concern. Trump and his ilk are known for accusing other of that which they themselves do. Trump's ridiculous tweet about undercover liberals lying to get on his jury just makes me worry that undercover Trump supporters are doing the same.

The only saving grace is that I don't think those who are his more extreme supporters are capable of pretending otherwise. Their social media will be full of evidence of their leanings.

The problem is when trying a case that has become so politicized it is hard to find anyone who doesn't have a strong feeling one way or another, hence so many jurors weeded out so quickly because they admit they couldn't be impartial. JMO
Seems like his ridiculous tweet came to fruition. A lying liberal made it onto the jury. Imo

Now can I get on my soapbox that we need professional juries in this country? Were I this defendant, or any defendant on trial in front a jury, I'd want learned, experienced people who are compensated to be objective and know how to interpret and follow (and understand the intricacies of) the rule of law. Let me dream...

RBBM -- This is the trick he uses. He doesn't outright tell people they should do it, but he baselessly claims liberalS are lying to get on the jury because he knows it's going to rouse his base to do the same.

JMO

Your quoted text above said that he was asked if he had been accused of a crime before and his response was that he hadn't been convicted of a crime.
The juror lied on the questionnaire. It’s telling he wanted to be removed from the jury without further questioning.

RBBM -- This is the trick he uses. He doesn't outright tell people they should do it, but he baselessly claims liberalS are lying to get on the jury because he knows it's going to rouse his base to do the same.

JMO
LOL It’s the liberal that lied to get on the jury.

LOL It’s the liberal that lied to get on the juror

It's ONE person. You do understand that doesn't mean that there isn't a conservative juror sitting on that panel that lied to get there, right? Also why I made it a point to bold the S in liberalS, because your boy DT sure made it sound like there are scores of liberals trying to get on his jury. I'm not shocked, just his rhetoric. Just like the scores of MS-13 coming across the border to murder me.

It's ONE person. You do understand that doesn't mean that there isn't a conservative juror sitting on that panel that lied to get there, right? Also why I made it a point to bold the S in liberalS, because your boy DT sure made it sound like there are scores of liberals trying to get on his jury. I'm not shocked, just his rhetoric. Just like the scores of MS-13 coming across the border to murder me.
I do understand. But as far as I know a conservative hasn’t lied to get on the jury . Anything could happen. And I’m willing to bet this won’t be the only one. Imo

I would think the border is off topic so I’ll leave that one alone. Moo

JMO

Yep, he is prepping people ... if he is found guilty, it is because there was a lying "liberal" on the jury (or 12 lying "liberals").

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boxtobox
Back