NY NY - Kingston, Wiltnych Rural Cemetery, WhtMale 30-50, UP6018, w/ photo of man & infant, Aug'88

This is called a 'reverse image search'. Not much comes up, but if anyone wants to give it a go on their own to see, just go to images.google.com and click on the camera that is on the far right in the search bar and insert this address: https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/10160 i'd say the most interesting result is a German site about Josef Unterhuber on the second page.

That's not a site about Josef Unterhuber unfortunately - it's just a generated "people check' (like pipl) type page - the image and the name only appear together because they appear together on this forum.

It's a shame that Cymro never got a response back on that email. :(

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Buongiorno everyone,
I'm italian so first of all forgive me for my very bad english.
That's my first post, I would like to share with you some 'clue'.
Cymro, I think you catch it!
we all saw the pic with the man and the child found in the wallet of the deceased.
I immediately thougth that is pic of the deceased as a child with is own father. Then, I found in a interview his (the deceased)brother name, and I found the brother on Facebook. I requested his friendship to talk to him but I think he doesn't use FB from many months. But I'm allow to See his pic and here it is:
You can all see what I call a strictly resemble, it isn't?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 127
Looks like the same eyes and the same those! Definitely a slight resemblance I think

I wrote an email to the Italian TV show 'Chi l'ha visto' that follow the case. I think they already know everything, but anyway...

I wrote an email to the Italian TV show 'Chi l'ha visto' that follow the case. I think they already know everything, but anyway...

Caso interessante, ma visto l'andazzo del programma non sperare che ti rispondano!! Saluti Elsa Maria!!

Buongiorno everyone,
I'm italian so first of all forgive me for my very bad english.
That's my first post, I would like to share with you some 'clue'.
Cymro, I think you catch it!
we all saw the pic with the man and the child found in the wallet of the deceased.
I immediately thougth that is pic of the deceased as a child with is own father. Then, I found in a interview his (the deceased)brother name, and I found the brother on Facebook. I requested his friendship to talk to him but I think he doesn't use FB from many months. But I'm allow to See his pic and here it is:
You can all see what I call a strictly resemble, it isn't?

There is a huge resemblance. It's easy to imagine Josef Unterhuber being related to them.

Since Josef was in his early 30's in 1988, if he was the baby in the photo, the photo would have had to have been taken in about 1958, whereas the photo found on the dead man looks to have been taken in the 1970's at the earliest. I don't think Josef is the baby, but the resemblance is still very strong. Perhaps the man is Josef's brother, and the baby is a nephew.

If Josef's brother no longer uses Facebook regularly, perhaps you could contact some of his Facebook friends who appear to know him well in real life.

In my opinion it's definitely a strong enough lead to submit a tip.

We think the man in the photo is not the UID himself, but a picture the dead man was carrying of his relatives.

The UID is thought to have had brown hair, but his eye colour is unknown.

The UID is thought to have had brown hair, but his eye colour is unknown.

No the color of his eyes is brown, Namus database report this in this UID profile.

Respectfully disagreeing [emoji4]
It doesn't mention his eye colour in the link you posted. Since the body was decomposed, and the eyes are the first thing to decay, it's highly unlikely his eye colour was visible.

Sorry i' wrong with hair color!! :( DNA test you might know the color maybe!!

Josef Unterhuber
1314894989554UnterhuberJosef_scheda.jpg

Hmm, aside from the cleft chin it's hard to say if they look similar or not. With any subject, comparing a photo of a photo to a semi professional shot would make them look potentially like two different people.

But we don't think they're the same person; we think the man in the photo with the infant looks like he could be *related* to Josef Unterhuber. Why would a man carry a photo of himself?

OOPS! Sorry I managed to miss a whole page without realising! 😅.

I'm sorry K.Shh, I've just re-read my post and realised it came across as if I was snapping at you! I'm sorry if I seemed rude [emoji4][emoji171]

The UID clothes and items seem to point to an European origin. German or French. Switzerland and Luxembourg have bilingual citizens but no missing persons in their databases match this man. He could also come from the border regions of Germany or France - maybe Austria, Poland. Austria and Poland also do not having listed missing persons that are a match.
He was definitely using clothes that hint at upper class European. The Lacoste shirt and the shoes. It should be easy to identify him.
Unfortunately Germany and France do not have national databases for the missing and finding info is a bit chaotic.
I am assuming that the photo shows himself and was not planted by the killers. Maybe the photo is not him.

John Jane Doe Network have small database of this states in Europe section.

http://www.doenetwork.org/mp-geo-euro-males.php

yes, but very incomplete! Porchlight also lists some European missing persons.

René Lezard brand (the UID trousers), despite the french name, is a German brand from Wurzburg. It´s not a cheap brand. Male trousers go for about 100 Euros (110 USD) currently. They have a webshop: https://www.rene-lezard.com/men/clothing/
A Lacoste polo should cost roughly the same.

Was this man in holidays or business in the US? It seems clear he did not live there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back