Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Here is the Doenetwork file on Patricia. Note that she was reported to be wearing a Silver Ring with an emerald when she disappeared. It is more likely that she was murdered somewhere in Florida, than in New York. Is it possible, however, that she might have had a signet ring that was given at some point to the Hell's Kitchen Jane Doe?

Investigators believe that the Jane Doe was killed some time after 1988 - 5 years after Patricia's disappearance. Patricia would have been over 47 years old at the time of the Jane Doe's death.
-----------------------------------
Patricia McGill
Missing since May 15, 1983 from Naples, Collier County, Florida
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 6, 1941
Age at Time of Disappearance: 42 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 150 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red/brown hair; hazel eyes.
Jewelry: Silver ring with an emerald

Circumstances of Disappearance
Patricia was last seen on May 15, 1983 at a Site gas station in the northern part of Collier County on US 41. Her car was located in Golden Gate City where she had rented a room with all of her personal belonging's left behind. No one has seen or heard from her since that time.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Collier County Sheriff's Office 941-793-9300

Agency Case Number: 83-22126

Source Information:
Collier County Sheriff's Office
The Doe Network: Case File 1752DFFL

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1752dffl.html

You had her first name correct:

Patricia McGlone​

I understand your thinking. But when you look at the scene where she was found after they sledgehammered that wall you'll see bones EVERYWHERE. Watch this video, the bones WEREN'T found neatly it was a cluster. You couldn't discriminate between bones and cement.
Here's the America's Most Wanted Episode that featured this unidentified female. Pause it and look at the rubble. It was a MESS. Not neatly tucked. Take a watch and pause it on the photos.

great video, she was put into a "concrete platform" aka "coffin" behind the wall.

That's a mystery, but wow, how terrific is that, that Patricia is now known? That's pretty awesome. It will be interesting to know when she died. I know there's the 1968/69 dime, and the items discovered with her look to be that era, so that lined up. But was it exactly 1969? Could it maybe have been a year or two, some time later than '69 nonetheless? They estimated her age 16-21, so I'd kind of view it with the window of 1969-1975 or so. I'm wondering how a 16 year old could be at that club, I'm seeing the owner pretty strictly controlled admission, and it was a pretty exclusive type of place, Hendrix and Pink Floyd played there, really huge acts. Yes, I know minors can get into these clubs in some cases, but she'd have to be a pretty mature looking 16, I would think. From what I can see on one source, there were complications for that place at the end of its run and there were a lot of fights in there, and the liquor licenses and so forth were in jeopardy. Hell's Kitchen was always a little rough, but I think in this timeframe, I'm seeing sources noting organized crime presence.

Still wondering if this case will tie in somehow with the Tribeca 2008 Jane Doe RH's in kindergarten in 1969, so no RH factor here. We'd think of other parties that use concrete to conceal their homicides. I'm pretty sure I saw on a source somewhere that the basement for this building was easily accessible from the outside. Source: "...the basement could be reached from several points inside, as well as through a steel trap door in an adjacent parking lot that was unlocked" That would open up a lot of possibilities. How long was it like that, though, on the access? Since 1969 forward?

Like a miracle we know who she is. RIP Patricia.

Minors can find ways to sneak into clubs, esp. if her older boyfriend/husband lived/or worked at the club.
Fake IDs or just let her in wearing a lot of makeup. It's NOT legal, but it still happens.

<modsnip>

I know it's not impossible for a 16 year old to be married (especially back then) but wouldn't a 16 year old in 1969 still need parental consent for a marriage? I also know this usually varies by state. Would it have been hard for her to lie about her age at the time?

I'm leaning more towards her dying after 1969, but pre-1975.

BBM.
She could gotten pregnant and due to Catholic upbringing, marriage was the only option. And her mother would have consented.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/us/midtown-jane-doe-death-ring-cec/index.htmlHer parents’ documents revealed that she grew up in Brooklyn and that she had attended a Catholic school.

“We assumed at the time that she had to have been baptized, she had to receive communion and then ultimately, hopefully received confirmation. I was able to obtain all three documents,” Glas said.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM.
She could gotten pregnant and due to Catholic upbringing, marriage was the only option. And her mother would have consented.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/01/us/midtown-jane-doe-death-ring-cec/index.htmlHer parents’ documents revealed that she grew up in Brooklyn and that she had attended a Catholic school.

“We assumed at the time that she had to have been baptized, she had to receive communion and then ultimately, hopefully received confirmation. I was able to obtain all three documents,” Glas said.

Good point.

1969 doesn't match Rex. How old is he? Too young for that time period. Plus cement isn't his style.
Cement isn't Rex's style. However, enclosing his victims in things is: 3 of the 4 Gilgo Beach victims were in burlap bags (which preserved the evidence) and some of the other bodies were in suitcases, totes, etc. IF 1969 is the correct year, RH was only 5 or so, so won't work.

Glas said he used school records to learn that McGlone dropped out, got married at 16 and possibly had a baby with her husband before her death. He obtained McGlone's marriage certificate and pointed to the toy soldier that was found with her in 2003 as further proof.

It is unclear what happened to McGlone's child and husband.

McGlone's DNA was connected to the mother of a 9/11 victim last month when Glas spoke to a woman in Florida. While speaking to the woman, who is on McGlone's mother's side of the family, she told the detective to talk to her nephew. The nephew told Glas that his mother submitted a DNA swab to the New York City medical examiner after his sister died on 9/11, according to Glas.

Relatives of missing people submitted their DNA to help identify unknown victims after the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center. Glas said he received the nephew's mother's genetic information from the medical examiner's office and confirmed she and McGlone were cousins

I'm so glad she was identified. I'm always so happy to see it.

Here's what I'm noticing...all MOO. A lot of Patricia's turning up dead, usually with strangulation involved, in the northeast around the same time. Coincidence? Probably. The manner of death for Patricia McG. and the way she was found (concrete and artifacts aside) is very similar to Patricia Newsome, found in '78 and Identified in 2023. We also have Patricia Tucker from I believe CT (or was originally), found in MA in '78 as well, also strangled (but also shot, and just dumped). All signs point to her husband (who never reported her missing either), Gerald Coleman. I'm not saying it was him, I just think the coincidences here are interesting to think about. Patricia Tucker aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Patricia McG and Patricia N were killed by the same person/people.

Whoever did this, he's a horror of a human being. Poor thing murdered, and he may also have murdered the child, if there was a child. Still think that is someone who likely has multiple victims, jmo It looks nothing like a crime of passion as I'd understand it. It looks cold, vicious, sadistic SK, it looks calculated. Nobody's out pouring concrete in the heat of rage. Victim "hogtied." And how'd he elude detection all these decades, nothing reported, nobody aware anything amiss until they find a skeleton in concrete?? And we find out who the poor girl is 20 years later. Use of an electrical cord suggests a murder indoors. SKs are a lot more carless outdoors, the CS evidence disappears pretty rapidly. But back at this time, they aren't even using DNA. Use of concrete in '69 is very effective, all he has to do is bide his time, but how'd he "explain away" a missing wife, provided it was the husband? I'm sure he could try, but it wouldn't be very easy to do, some people might not buy it, and it would only take one to file a report. If that's the scenario, though, that he explained everything away, he chose alarmingly well on his victim and knew he'd get away with his "explaining away." There's too much here that looks too cunning to rule out an SK, MOO. I hope they can track all the info on the husband and we get updates. If the husband did it, it wouldn't surprise me if he married the poor thing under an alias. Maybe not. Lots more to learn, and all kinds of things are unfortunately possible.

Whoever did this, he's a horror of a human being. Poor thing murdered, and he may also have murdered the child, if there was a child. Still think that is someone who likely has multiple victims, jmo It looks nothing like a crime of passion as I'd understand it. It looks cold, vicious, sadistic SK, it looks calculated. Nobody's out pouring concrete in the heat of rage. Victim "hogtied." And how'd he elude detection all these decades, nothing reported, nobody aware anything amiss until they find a skeleton in concrete?? And we find out who the poor girl is 20 years later. Use of an electrical cord suggests a murder indoors. SKs are a lot more carless outdoors, the CS evidence disappears pretty rapidly. But back at this time, they aren't even using DNA. Use of concrete in '69 is very effective, all he has to do is bide his time, but how'd he "explain away" a missing wife, provided it was the husband? I'm sure he could try, but it wouldn't be very easy to do, some people might not buy it, and it would only take one to file a report. If that's the scenario, though, that he explained everything away, he chose alarmingly well on his victim and knew he'd get away with his "explaining away." There's too much here that looks too cunning to rule out an SK, MOO. I hope they can track all the info on the husband and we get updates. If the husband did it, it wouldn't surprise me if he married the poor thing under an alias. Maybe not. Lots more to learn, and all kinds of things are unfortunately possible.
I'll have to disagree- the husband is just too suspicious. I can't imagine what type of serial killer would go through all that hassle of digging up a basement floor and then pouring cement on their victim. <modsnip: husband is not a POI>

Times were different back then- if a person just seemed to "walk away" nobody would question it. Patricia's husband could have said something like, "We had an argument and then went to bed. When I woke up, Patricia was gone".

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack
Back